The Student Room Group

FP1 June 11 Edexcel - Paper and Model answers in the FIRST post.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
:yes:

am I the only person who stayed up for this?
Original post by bennybaruch

No :biggrin:
Reply 422
Original post by bennybaruch

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1909470

thanks so much you're an absolute legend!!
Reply 424
bump for those taking FP1 this week
Reply 425
I hope this June's paper turn out to be ok and not have a ridiculously high grade boundary -.-

-Putch =)
We did a mock in school, and an A was 69/75, are they always that high?
Reply 427
Apart from last January every paper since January 2009 has been 62-64 for an A. Its also got a large spread so 7-8 marks between each boundary.
arsey you are actually amazing, i compare my answers to you and boom exactly the same format and writting your handwriting is just better i need some asap, lost 2 marks in C3 because of my handwritting how bad!
Reply 429
practice paper B, q 7 part B, how did they get their equation for normal
Reply 430
Original post by Arsey
Model Answers, I will add more over the next few weeks.

First off, thank you arsey for posting the model answers! ^_^

I have a question about the conclusion you wrote for proof by induction. Will i gain full marks for writing your conclusion for any of the proofs?
Reply 431
Here is the IAL F1 W14 paper.

Pretty tricky!
Anybody have the gold papers for FP1? Would be very grateful!!
Reply 433
Original post by lilixxx1000
Anybody have the gold papers for FP1? Would be very grateful!!

I have added them in the first page of this thread
Original post by Arsey
I have added them in the first page of this thread

Thank you!!

Suggested Grade Boundaries for the Withdrawn,Specimen and Mock Papers?
Reply 436
Original post by Dalek1099
Suggested Grade Boundaries for the Withdrawn,Specimen and Mock Papers?

image attached with S13 W boundaries... if it works

as far as I am aware there are no suggested boundaries for mock or spec papers.

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arsey

image attached with S13 W boundaries... if it works

as far as I am aware there are no suggested boundaries for mock or spec papers.

Were these released by Edexcel?It looks like everyone should try the FP1 withdrawn because it is the only FP1 paper not to have 75 for 100 UMS so is the hardest paper released by Edexcel.
Reply 438
Original post by Dalek1099
Were these released by Edexcel?It looks like everyone should try the FP1 withdrawn because it is the only FP1 paper not to have 75 for 100 UMS so is the hardest paper released by Edexcel.

some centres took the W paper by mistake which is why Edexcel released grade boundaries.

It isn't necessarily the case that the paper is the' hardest. The grade boundaries are determined by the results achieved so the centres who took it might not be be representative of the centres as a whole.
Original post by Arsey
some centres took the W paper by mistake which is why Edexcel released grade boundaries.

It isn't necessarily the case that the paper is the' hardest. The grade boundaries are determined by the results achieved so the centres who took it might not be be representative of the centres as a whole.

Exam Boards determine grade boundaries based on the response of students in comparison to previous years not on how good the cohort is so this shouldn't be a massive problem I doubt Edexcel could compare all the responses of all students they probably only use a small sample and they had to make sure that these students got fair grades so the grade boundaries should be fair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending