The Student Room Group

Anyone had problems getting a part-time job whilst at Uni??

I've applied for countless jobs and the main reason for being unsuccessful is because I am 'not flexible enough', despite the fact I only go to uni two days a week!

Its getting on my nerves because people are quick to call students lazy etc. but they don't consider the fact that maybe we can't actually get jobs.

Does anyone know of any companies that 'welcome' students more than others. My biggest problem is that I don't live at uni so I can't really take advantage of the uni job shop or jobs local to Leeds.

help appreciated :smile:
Original post by an_end_has_a_start
I've applied for countless jobs and the main reason for being unsuccessful is because I am 'not flexible enough', despite the fact I only go to uni two days a week!

Its getting on my nerves because people are quick to call students lazy etc. but they don't consider the fact that maybe we can't actually get jobs.

Does anyone know of any companies that 'welcome' students more than others. My biggest problem is that I don't live at uni so I can't really take advantage of the uni job shop or jobs local to Leeds.

help appreciated :smile:

Have you tried Boots? The one I worked at had loads of students, and they let people transfer between the one in their student city and home city :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending