The Student Room Group

Assistant Psychologist Posts

Hi guys,

I've recently graduated with a psychology degree from Reading Uni (placement year included). I've moved back to Brum and am trying to get an AP post.

I've had a few rejection emails and an interview for one (unsuccessful, but it gave me good practice of what to expect and at least I know I'm a good candidate on paper).

I've applied to as many posts as possible I can see around the Midlands, and not all the closing dates have elapsed yet, and for some it's only been a week or 2, but was just wondering if anyone had any tips in the meantime?

What's the best way to apply? NHS jobs or some other search option? Is there anything I can do in the meantime to earn a bit of money whilst gaining experience?
Reply 1
Phew! okay so after four unsuccessful interviews, I've been successful on no. 5 and I'm able to take an honorary AP post :yeah:

Although unpaid, I'm seeing it as a really good opportunity to get my foot in the door. It's only part time so I'll be able to apply for other paid posts later.
Reply 2
Original post by zarx_20
Phew! okay so after four unsuccessful interviews, I've been successful on no. 5 and I'm able to take an honorary AP post :yeah:

Although unpaid, I'm seeing it as a really good opportunity to get my foot in the door. It's only part time so I'll be able to apply for other paid posts later.

Congrats! Getting a post after 5 interviews is good going! And it'll give you great experience for applying for paid roles in future. Good luck with the role!
Reply 3
Original post by Nerol
Congrats! Getting a post after 5 interviews is good going! And it'll give you great experience for applying for paid roles in future. Good luck with the role!

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending