The Student Room Group

Overall Grade

Hey,

i was just wandering what i would need to get in my Unit 4 exam for a C overall. But i couldn't find a suitable grade calculater (if you have one, i'd love to have it).

basically. I got a C overall in AS. But For the Unit 3 coursework, i messed up and got a U/E. What grade do you reckon i need in Unit 4 for a C overall? bearing in mind Unit 4 is 30% of the final grade, and Unit 3, 20%.

thanks in advance x
Reply 1
What course are you on about?
Most 4 unit A-levels (2 units for AS + 2 units for A2) are out of a total of 400 UMS.
For all A-levels you need 60% of the total UMS score to get a C. So, out of 400 that would be 240.
I assuming from what you have said that unit 3 is out of 80 and unit 4 is out of 120.
You need to add the mark you got for your AS to the mark for unit 3 to find out your total.
If you just scraped a C at AS (i.e. you got 120/200) and you just got an E for your unit 3 (i.e. 32/80) that would give you a total of 152 meaning that you would need to get at least 88 out of 120 in unit 4 which is a middle B grade.
Reply 2
Original post by AlexBurley
Hey,

i was just wandering what i would need to get in my Unit 4 exam for a C overall. But i couldn't find a suitable grade calculater (if you have one, i'd love to have it).

basically. I got a C overall in AS. But For the Unit 3 coursework, i messed up and got a U/E. What grade do you reckon i need in Unit 4 for a C overall? bearing in mind Unit 4 is 30% of the final grade, and Unit 3, 20%.

thanks in advance x

http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php?id=04

use that and input your grades it will give you you how much ums you got for your coursework then add it onto what ums you have then take it away from 240 ums that you need to get a C this will give you the ums you need in the test.

and to find the grade loook up the test on that link i gave you and check the grade boundartys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending