The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Paper 1 Language

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a rusH
Ok thanks! However I only spent 20 minutes on this section so I didn't get much done :/ I think I only wrote about a page and 1/4, consisting of around 4 paragraphs I think, do you think that's enough?? :confused:

I wrote about the same for my section B answer, but I made sure all my grammar and spelling was thoroughly correct so as long as you did that, you should be ok!
Original post by 101101
did anybody require extra paper?

me : P I needed 1 piece for a little addtion to my Section A responses
Original post by a rusH
Ok thanks! However I only spent 20 minutes on this section so I didn't get much done :/ I think I only wrote about a page and 1/4, consisting of around 4 paragraphs I think, do you think that's enough?? :confused:

no.
For the last question of section A - comparing language used...did we have to write about the different effectiveness of the language used? :confused:

I didn't...:eek:
Reply 184
Original post by a rusH

Original post by a rusH

Quality > Quantity.
However, yes. 1 page 1/4 should be sufficient depending on the size of your hand writing.
I would consider my handwriting to be of average size, and I wrote one side of A4 for a mock APA question and got full marks for it :smile:
Don't worry about it, from the sound of that extract you will have done really well :wink:
Reply 185
Original post by theblackphoenixcon
Ahhh. I epic failed at this one... I found the article about travelling in Spain quite hard, as there wasn't really much to talk about. The argue, persuade, advise was okay, but I didn't set out the letter correctly.

How did it go for you guys?

Epic fail too, hoever didn't do anything about Spain?:eek:
Reply 186
Original post by OverTheRainbow...
Nope, the answer book was massive...Did you?!

I didnt no, got onto the back page
Reply 187
Original post by JakeYO
Yeah boiii , it went surprisingly well.
What did you write about for the interesting words & phrases for Jack Sprat?

i liked the paper, but for the writing task i didnt do a letter :/ i did an articlee..
for jack sprat, i wrote about how he engages the reader by involving them through rhetorical questions and use of personal pronouns.. i also talked about colloquial phrases he had.. you?
Original post by McWA
Epic fail too, hoever didn't do anything about Spain?:eek:

Spain was in another specification I believe.
Please can someone 'check'... Would I be marked down for this?

As one of my points for Question 1 (evidence to show growth of the urban craze or something), I put that the word 'boom' was used to desribe the growth, in a similar way as 'baby boom', which desribed the growth/increase in number of babies born, therefore translated into this context it provides as evidence of the growth/increase of people taking up the sport...

I also wrote about how in the opening line, it depicted a boy as young as 13 free running, and because the sport is usually associated with young adults, this is a representation of how far it's spread. Also I put that James Bond and the Marines cover a very diverse spread of people, again evidence of it's growth in society. I also put that the fact it can be 'spread' via YouTube is a testimony to it's rapid popularity gain as YouTube is a popular platform for many of these types of thing and it's use is on the increase.

I put a few other points too but I've forgotten what they were...
Reply 191
Original post by thesmallprint
no.

I'll let you off for that very blunt and un-elaborate response because your username is a Muse reference
I don't think it matters what colour you think it was as long as you have backed it up properly. I personally thought it was pink. Very pink.

I think I over did the humour (attempted humour) in section B. I did persuade and sort of treated it like a parent I knew pretty well and joked about how she wouldn't want a moany teenager around and stuff. I'm not sure if my punctuation flowed very well either, I ended up just trying to think up random sentence to be able to fit in those colons and semicolons :angry:
Original post by kingsandqueens
what some other people have said, about the differences in advert, i think are true. pink = summer + silver watch. red = new year + pink watch.
either way, it doesn't really matter :wink:

Well that isn't fully correct because I had a red advert with a red watch, but with new year. I don't think this is going to alter our marks in any way tbh, so dont worry. :biggrin:

That guy is a legend... He's really helpful.. More helpful than my actual teachers, I've learnt F**k all from my school, in the English department... It's hard to obtain nice grades in English, with the attitude that my school brings with only trying to give help to get a C, and not progress any further... I wanted a A minimum, but I can kiss that goodbye.. ):
i used about 8 pages of my booklet my hand is aching!!!!!

How much did you guys do??

:smile:
Yeah mate, you've focuse the start of that in lang. but you don't ever get marked down in English, but marked up from 0, as long as the rest of that paragraph explores the writers argument ( Following what he uses, such as James bond, and the bourne ultimatum, the parks and the sport growing, you'll do fine)
Peace . GL m8t : ) I've failed bleh :frown:
Original post by a rusH
I'll let you off for that very blunt and un-elaborate response because your username is a Muse reference

lol, sorry.

and haha muse rocks xD

and that overview's not really helped because there was so much that was there that sounded obvious...the thing is there isn't a "right" set of answers for stuff like that is it? i mean as long as you've written justifiable and appropriate stuff it should be alright right?
good luck to the examiner when reading my handwriting :P
Original post by member4321
i used about 8 pages of my booklet my hand is aching!!!!!

How much did you guys do??

:smile:

8 and a half ish : P my hand is dieing lol .. Great news.. R.E tomorow.. Followed by English the day after.. Hang in there hand!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending