The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm a Pakistani girl and I've managed to persuade my mum to allow me and my brothers to marry of someone of another race but she said as long as they're from a good family. My mum's big on ''good'' families. Now to figure out what that means.... :redface: ha!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 181
Original post by carbondummy
I'm a Pakistani girl and I've managed to persuade my mum to allow me and my brothers to marry of someone of another race but she said as long as they're from a good family. My mum's big on ''good'' families. Now to figure out what that means.... :redface: ha!

Fantastic of your mum to agree. Perhaps by good family she means one of a pleasant nature.
Reply 182
My sister in law is Indian, my brothers black.

After 2+ years of marriage and many many years together, I dont even think he's ever met the dad and the mum disowned her daughter for a time ... very strange, racist people. If it was me I would never let the mother see the grandkids.

I have an Indian friend whos dating a black guy. But she's christian, her parents are christian and they all go to a predominately black church lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Brienza13
Asian men want to date white women all the time. but if their women do all hell brakes lose. especially Pakistani's. Indian women date outside their nationality/race/religion allot more then Pakistani's.

Pakistanis in my experience can be extremly racist and narrow minded. You never see them come and speak out against Islamic extremsits like Whites do against the BNP as such. I believe Pakistani's to be the most racist kind of people out there as there racism is driven by more then colour, but religion and cultural reasons. nough said.

yes good point.
there needs to be a distinction here that religion plays a big part in this and you cant just group all these people as Asians, at least in this scenario.
Original post by Stratos
Well it's the broader version of interbreeding I guess, considering you're keeping the gene pool rather specific.

I say get out of your comfort zone and create some ubermensch mixed race babies.

I tell you now I rather marry a person from a completely different culture/ethnicity.

ye im glad you've said that, mixed race girls tend to be very boom

with regards the thread, yeah its absolutely dire, this. narrow minded, boring, parents who fear change. most are nice people too, but my god are they shocking when it comes to parenting
Original post by Antzlck
My sister in law is Indian, my brothers black.

After 2+ years of marriage and many many years together, I dont even think he's ever met the dad and the mum disowned her daughter for a time ... very strange, racist people. If it was me I would never let the mother see the grandkids.

I have an Indian friend whos dating a black guy. But she's christian, her parents are christian and they all go to a predominately black church lol.

yup another case of narrow minded bull****, it's a step backwards for them i'm afraid
Original post by surina_xxx
I'm asian and that is far from true everyone in my family like my cousins have married who every they wanted to and their parents havn't cared about race or anything

That explains why you're beautiful. god damn.
Pakis love to cruise around car parks preying on underage white meat. Yet hardly anyone gives a ****.
Original post by stroppyninja
But I thought in a lot of countries (i.e. India) getting a white girlfriend (or a very well educated, rich white man) was also seen as a status symbol? Moreso the girlfriend i think

you serious? Thats a big HELL NO....
Original post by AishaTara
exactly :wink: jeez, people telling us what to do..

I wasn't telling anyone what to do... I was discussing my opinion on the topic in general, as is everyone else. If you have an issue with me, please speak to me rather than commenting elsewhere it's rather rude.
Original post by Tinkle
you guys are making out as if all indian parents are crazy! yh fair enough for a particular minorty it could be becasue of pride etc. but im an indian...and i would only marry a indian, not becasue of pride bla bla becasue i would want to keep my religion going and teach it to my children...otherwise the effor my parents have gone through to make sure i learn about my religon would go to waste.

wow never thought id see this :tongue: finally another good indian
Original post by Comet Andromeda
Has anyone every told you that sometimes you just can't help who you fall for? I can understand that they need to be muslim but aren't we all human in the end?

You've got a good point, but for me I just don't :/ if that makes sense.
I know afew english lads who are nice, caring, good personality, but I just don't feel anything towards them :L aha if I ever do find someone whos not pakistani or muslim I'll write it on here that I was wrong :wink: but I just doubt it very much.
i must say, after reading through the 10 pages of this thread, theres alot of disgraces and its quite shameful to see it, true say you cant help who you fall for, but you only fall for the type of person you actually would like to be with haha, so yeh i dont understand how some people can turn there back on something that means soo much and make halfcast babies that look wierd... bit strange lol anyways those that dont are not really any good rep for the religon/race so i dont like the fact that they class themselves as asians just because of there skin colour (they have no culture in them), why not just call themselves british, would make more sense instead of calling themselves indian... disgraces.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 193
Original post by AishaTara
You've got a good point, but for me I just don't :/ if that makes sense.
I know afew english lads who are nice, caring, good personality, but I just don't feel anything towards them :L aha if I ever do find someone whos not pakistani or muslim I'll write it on here that I was wrong :wink: but I just doubt it very much.

As long as you accept that there is a possibility rather than deny it completely. :wink:
Original post by Angelus
As long as you accept that there is a possibility rather than deny it completely. :wink:

yep there is a possibility :smile: but just from what I know most mixed marriages break off after acouple of years, or the parents have problems with how to raise their children, with religion, culture and usually friends of mine who are pakistani and english, pakistani and dutch feel 'out of place' :/ but don't take me wrong, it's possible, just I think for me, i'd probs stick to Pakistani :biggrin:
I imagine it's the same as with any parents. Some will be more lenient than others, and it's not an asian-specific thing. My grandparents are very strict in their religion (protestant) to the extent that they said I would never be allowed to marry a Catholic. Now as an atheist, I ignored them. But I can imagine the same thing is for many cultures
Original post by Manesh2468
i must say, after reading through the 10 pages of this thread, theres alot of disgraces and its quite shameful to see it, true say you cant help who you fall for, but you only fall for the type of person you actually would like to be with haha, so yeh i dont understand how some people can turn there back on something that means soo much and make halfcast babies that look wierd... bit strange lol anyways those that dont are not really any good rep for the religon/race so i dont like the fact that they class themselves as asians just because of there skin colour (they have no culture in them), why not just call themselves british, would make more sense instead of calling themselves indian... disgraces.

Halfcast babies that look weird? Now that's just rude. Oh and its mixed race.
Original post by Comet Andromeda
Halfcast babies that look weird? Now that's just rude. Oh and its mixed race.

skin colour and hair does make them seem a little wierd imo, half cast is the same as mixed race.
Original post by Tinkle
LOL! Thank you! :smile:

no problem, had to point it out when i saw it :tongue:
Original post by Manesh2468
skin colour and hair does make them seem a little wierd imo, half cast is the same as mixed race.

They are babies :confused:. Mixed race people happen to be some of the most beautiful in the world. I find the term half cast offensive. Skin colour and hair do not contribute in any way to being 'weird'.

Latest

Trending

Trending