The Student Room Group

English Paper 2 GCSE AQA TODAY !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jsouassou
Am I like the only person who compared Scavengers to What were they like? I spent like 5 whole minutes trying to find out what poem to do and I wrote the introduction, forgot the PLAN... and wrote the plan in the middle of the essay :smile:
At least they gave us a choice to do either social and/or political

I did question 3 though because I knew it would be too much work to descibe a country in summer and winter...

LOVED THAT EXAM!

I did that as well! Thought it would be better to be original and not do nothings changed seeing as thats what everyone else was doing. Worked better than I thought it was giong to, what did you write about?
Reply 181
Original post by sandy95
Hahahahaha that's the funniest comment on this forum!

im a joker
Reply 182
Original post by MatteoG
If you miss a page they'll just think you didn't do the question. Bye bye anything over a D. :frown:

Only joking, examiners aren't stupid, they'll check every page. :P

really?
Reply 183
was i the only person who A) compared HHE to search for my tongue and B) wrote in the 2nd person for decribe the countryside in the winter and summer

dont worry guys! atleast we answered the question, my friend thought when they said "country" they meant foreign country- so ended up describing that :')
Reply 184
did anyone do spec B ? :smile:
Reply 185
i didnt even doo country :\
Reply 186
Original post by kingsandqueens
i did two scavengers and nothings changed too :colone: so happy they included it!
everyone i asked them an'all XD

describe countryside in summer + winter was so damn hard...
i wrote it in second person, saying everything like 'you feel the wind on your face' and a load of **** like that :frown:
it started all sunny then 'you' closed your eyes and opened them and the scene was all changed...i wrote about it being evil and hating me :colondollar:
either an A or a U. im really not sure.

finally someone who did 2nd person!
Reply 187
Original post by Jsouassou
Am I like the only person who compared Scavengers to What were they like? I spent like 5 whole minutes trying to find out what poem to do and I wrote the introduction, forgot the PLAN... and wrote the plan in the middle of the essay :smile:
At least they gave us a choice to do either social and/or political

I did question 3 though because I knew it would be too much work to descibe a country in summer and winter...

LOVED THAT EXAM!

I compared with ehat were they like!!!! it just seemed obvious because of how cross the poet was about the war....
Reply 188
i wrote about grass and the puddles on the ground :/ most weirdest and probably the most boring piece of writing i've ever done... its in such a poor quality as well ;(
Reply 189
Original post by Alastair101
We covered politics/society in two scavs and nothings changed this morning!

I read the question through the front cover 'compare...poets....politics...two scavengers YES!' and I whispered it to the guy behind me who just went:

Balls.

Anyway, all we need now is a lord of the flies essay on the beast!

someone's teacher looked at the paper in the morning before the exam then.
Original post by Sorry
What did you compare it with? I WANT TO SHOOT MYSELF!

I did Presents from my Aunts in Pakistan, about her past experiences as an Anglo-Indian...I talked about so much rubbish :cool: and I feel the same too- I felt like I got stabbed when I saw the word 'Hurricane' :frown:
Reply 191
Original post by MatteoG
If you miss a page they'll just think you didn't do the question. Bye bye anything over a D. :frown:

Only joking, examiners aren't stupid, they'll check every page. :P

I swear to God you just nearly gave me a heart attack! That scared me SO much. Hehe :smile:
Reply 192
I loved how everyone thought that Two Scavs wasn't going to come up. so glad it did though.
Think i messed up on section b though :frown:
i wonder what the lit exam is going to be likee
Original post by R.AC
did anyone do spec B ? :smile:

YESSSS! did you even get that thing about that poem called water? WHAT THE FUDGE!? ahhaha it was like "dude are you serious? water?! WATER?!!?" gahh...
Im so annoyed, in my mock i got an A. I was expecting the same or higher today, but now I think I didnt even get a C.
On mondays paper i think i did really bad becuase i didnt time myself well and i spent too long on section A that i only had 15 minutes left for section B.
Today I was given the poem about Huricane hits england which i hardly revised, becuase everyone was expectecting unrelated incidents or love after love. I compared this to presnants from my aunts in pakistan and it was hard to compare. I wish i was taught cluster 1 becuase everyone found it easy.
I think i did okay in section in this exam, but i found section b really hard because im crap at describing!!!
I went for the explaining quesion and... was it just me or did anyone else find that hard?
the question was explain how "a little money go a long way" that doesnt make sence? who did that?

Anyways i think i have failed this. i really dont want to waste a year retaking.
I have a high B for my 40 % of the GCSE. i think i might have got a high C for section A in both papers, but i did really bad in the section B of both papers. Can anyone estimate what they think i can get as a full grade?
Reply 195
I chose to compare 'Two Scavengers' with 'Nothing's Changed' and commented on the structure, language and the use of imagery.

For section b I chose the explain question, who also picked this question? A majority of people at my school and on tsr picked the describe question.
I'm confused. Most of the people here seem to have written straight forward answers to the describe a countryside in summer and winter (or whatever it was), but at my school we were taught to answer the describe question by thinking outside the box. I.e. describe a person -> describe an alien, describe a place -> a planet, etc... as it is less boring (we were basically told to go over the top with everything, be abstract in our descriptions and stuff - she's a bit eccentric).
But I'm really worried now that I see people have written about ponds, with bushes, and puddles and stuff :frown:

Edit: It seems many teachers of pupils on here predicted Two scavengers, Head of English at my school did too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by megank
i wasn't allowed to write on my anthology :/ that annoyed me :/

megan kilsby? you go LMHS?
that made me laugh about the shoelaces thing. But i agree. If the laboratory or my last duchess comes up i'll just cry
Reply 199
George K: What did you write about?

And i'm pretty much screwed, it said compare the feeling about the past, and i just compared the feeling, but left out the f**king past because i didn't the question properly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending