The Student Room Group

English Paper 2 GCSE AQA TODAY !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Roshniroxy
Section A was okay, but section B is what i'm scared of. Does it matter if i described summer and winter instead of a country scene in summer and winter ????? help :\

it shouldnt matter but you might just lose a few marks but not many... i thought it said countryside origionaly (so did alot of my friends when i asked them) so i wrote about winter and summer in a countryside:/ but i re read the question so changed it quickly at the end so i made it into a countryside in a specific country country so im hoping thats alright x
Original post by R.AC
i hope soo.. :frown:

yeahh, im doing the post 1914, of mice and men, and inspector calls.. those poems though are a pain!.. but im glad there is no unseen poems :biggrin:. I suppose, if we just practise doing exam style questions on the poems, it should be fine. :smile: I think literature is easier tbh.. ?

well, it kind of is because you know the text but it kind of isn't because you have to come up with so many points for a single topic hahah :P but good luck! ;DDD
i did the hurricane question found it really hard! i was so confused with the past thing! i compared it to presents! i talked about the connotations of slavery (weird i know) and the war in pakistan that symbolises her inner conflict! probably failed!! in descriptive i said i was a tramp living on a bench in a field!! :smile:
Original post by Roshniroxy
ooo interesting, sounds good ! do you think its okay if we did not exactly describe the country scene ?

thx! I was getting worried :tongue: yh I was thinking that too, but I did describe in quite a bit of detail the country scene in the summer, like sunshine and cherry blossoms, and I used personification too to make it a bit more special :smile: But it said 'a country scene' so I thought about like an actual drama scene set in the country :rolleyes:
Reply 264
Original post by tasniaTVXQ
well, it kind of is because you know the text but it kind of isn't because you have to come up with so many points for a single topic hahah :P but good luck! ;DDD

yeah, true that.
but thanks :smile: and you too! :smile:
Reply 265
who can give a brief explanation of Water? It's no where on the internet...
Some people said it described a relationship of one of the poet's memories - as they sat on the rocks :/
I thought it was the poet was a worker himself as it said the rocks under their feet; assuming he was on the ship out in search for granite, and the flaking of the rocks coveyed the gradual deminishing of the granite market during the winter conditions in the USA. Which I completely guessed on the spot...
Anyone know the real meaning of it? Bearing in mind the poet suffered from bipolar disorder? :s
Reply 266
i think this paper went better than paper 1. Paper one non-fiction; mind just went blank i couldnt understand what it was talking about! So i didnt write much for the whole of the non-fiction section...FML. Near the end of the exam i was like "oh craaap" i actually understand it, but too late now! i have just ****ed it up my language! Got a strong B/A for my coursework, so would this have a massive affect to my overall mark for language? :/
Reply 267
Original post by barrister_2000
thx! I was getting worried :tongue: yh I was thinking that too, but I did describe in quite a bit of detail the country scene in the summer, like sunshine and cherry blossoms, and I used personification too to make it a bit more special :smile: But it said 'a country scene' so I thought about like an actual drama scene set in the country :rolleyes:

same :frown: i did detail too like with the sunlight and swing and snow
Reply 268
Original post by whitemagesonia
Am I the only one who compared Two Scavengers with Vultures?

I done that too:biggrin:
Reply 269
Original post by revise7869
I did this and i talked about
saving up for childhood, taking advantage of education and getting the best grades to stand out in the recession. this was all i could think of at the time, which is why i did bad.:mad: i wrote 1 and a half pages, how many did you do?

I also wrote 1 and a half pages and also talked about investing in your future (saving up for uni)...I had like 5 minutes at the end and could not think of anything else to write so I just finished it like that
Reply 270
Original post by Member737,514
Erm well I attempted to be 'creative' and 'original' so my methods were budgeting/scrimping and saving, playing the lottery and buying shares... :rolleyes: the examiners will not be happy

lol.....as long as you have included varied punctuation, paragraph lengths and sentence lengths you'll be fine
Reply 271
Original post by R.AC
i hope soo.. :frown:

yeahh, im doing the post 1914, of mice and men, and inspector calls.. those poems though are a pain!.. but im glad there is no unseen poems :biggrin:. I suppose, if we just practise doing exam style questions on the poems, it should be fine. :smile: I think literature is easier tbh.. ?

I've been revising these war poems today, thay really are ridiculous i mean 18, and in order to compare them well you have to know the detail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending