The Student Room Group

English Paper 2 GCSE AQA TODAY !

Scroll to see replies

Who here did Two Scavengers for Section A and what did you compare it with? I did it with 'Nothing's Changed'.
I thought that's what the other poster meant to. :tongue:

Imagine if that were true though (more than one question from B, I mean), I'd be screwed.

EDIT: English isn't my best/favourite subject as it is but I thought the social-political question in A was good for me. I wasn't sure about any of the questions from B so winged question 03 (about your decisions after GCSE's).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 82
OMG that was the easiest paper and Im so glad Two Scavengers came up - I <3 aqa
Reply 83
How much did everyone write for Section A? I did an intro and conclusion and only did 3 paragraphs that explained the Thoughts Language and i compared along the way, evaluated + offered an alternative interpretation in each paragraph. Reckon that's enough?
Reply 84
Original post by timtimtamara
Who here did Two Scavengers for Section A and what did you compare it with? I did it with 'Nothing's Changed'.

I did :smile: simply because i love nothing's changed :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by megank
same :'( dream shattered .... let's resit and hope they will give us an easy paper :smile:

I wish I could resit... My school don't do them though :argh:
Reply 86
Original post by Dijipo
OMG that was the easiest paper and Im so glad Two Scavengers came up - I <3 aqa

Hah.. section a was indeed very easy.... not so keen on section b tho :s
Original post by megank
I did :smile: simply because i love nothing's changed :biggrin:

I agree :smile: That was a very good Section A - I mean, I always fail at describing so that was expected.. :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by MatteoG
How much did everyone write for Section A? I did an intro and conclusion and only did 3 paragraphs that explained the Thoughts Language and i compared along the way, evaluated + offered an alternative interpretation in each paragraph. Reckon that's enough?

I wrote 3 and 1/2 sides... but i didnt comment on the most exciting thing...
Reply 89
WTF was section B about !!!!!
Reply 90
Original post by MatteoG

I did like 4 pages and I wish I hadn't now, because it went into my time for Section B and I f***ed it up
Original post by MatteoG

That should be fine! I did an intro and conclusion, and compared four methods, one in each paragraph - so I had an intro, conclusion and four paragraphs :smile:
Reply 92
i wasn't allowed to write on my anthology :/ that annoyed me :/
(edited 12 years ago)
i did two scavengers and nothings changed too :colone: so happy they included it!
everyone i asked them an'all XD

describe countryside in summer + winter was so damn hard...
i wrote it in second person, saying everything like 'you feel the wind on your face' and a load of **** like that :frown:
it started all sunny then 'you' closed your eyes and opened them and the scene was all changed...i wrote about it being evil and hating me :colondollar:
either an A or a U. im really not sure.
wtf was this exam about! hating how they made me use the one poem i can never write much about (hurricane hits england) + the theme of feelings about the past was just silly!

don't even get me started on the describing part...
Reply 95
is anyone else confused about why we have to write a 1 on the front of the paper? is this the booklet thing?
Reply 96
Original post by kingsandqueens
i did two scavengers and nothings changed too :colone: so happy they included it!
everyone i asked them an'all XD

describe countryside in summer + winter was so damn hard...
i wrote it in second person, saying everything like 'you feel the wind on your face' and a load of **** like that :frown:
it started all sunny then 'you' closed your eyes and opened them and the scene was all changed...i wrote about it being evil and hating me :colondollar:
either an A or a U. im really not sure.

I'm pretty worried about mine too. I wrote about how flowers bring love and pain through romance and hayfever haha it's all bull**** :L
Reply 97
what poem did people compare Hurricane with?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 101101
what did people compare Hurricane with?

I compared it with what were they like because it was all about feelings in the past...
Reply 99
Original post by megank
is anyone else confused about why we have to write a 1 on the front of the paper? is this the booklet thing?

SUGAR! I didn't write the 1 on either of my booklets... but i didn't use more than one so I guess they will just not mark another? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending