The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1
chrissay88
hey guys, i'm thinking about joining bristol uni nxt year and wanted to kno what the accomadations like. Is it better to go self catering? Also, what was it like for ppl moving from london are any random big cities?

I can really only tell you about the accomodation I'm in as its all i know about

I'm in CHH which is nice cos it's near to the uni and the centre (v convenient, no trekking up the hill to SB), the food's good (if you make it to meals, if you're a late riser you might think bout if it's really worth it). it's generally a nice hall, pretty and all that.

I have a friend at woodlands court and it's lovely. en-suite, very nice and so close to the uni.

really it's the people that make the place I'm sure you'd have a good time anywhere. some people in student houses said they felt a lil isolated but that isn't always the case

I moved from london, i quite liked it cos I can walk everywhere, obviously theres less to do but it's cheaper and feels a bit safer, you can get to know the crowd in clubs etc more easily, its quite student friendly
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
hey fellow e+a-ist.. i'll be joining bristol too!
Reply 3
Whether you want self catering or not is down to personal taste.

Generally speaking catered is good if:

1) You can get up early (thus not paying for a breakfast you don't have). I have to get up for 9 am lectures most days so its not too hard. But if i were doing history or english i may lack the self control to make any breakfasts!

2) You aren't a fussy eater

etc

I'm catered and i'm really liking it. I love not having to bother with cooking up a meal every day, or clean up. But some people would find eating at set times and eating a specific meal annoying. Up to you.

I think being catered adds another social dimension because you get to eat with people in your hall twice a day. Which i guess helps you meet more people, if anything is "going on" i tend to find out about it at the dinner table.
Reply 4
Zakatu
if anything is "going on" i tend to find out about it at the dinner table.

You'll make a jealous husband I'll bet. :p:
Reply 5
perhaps that wasn't the right phrasing....

What i meant to say is that often i'll hear about stuff (such as where people are going out that evening) at dinner.

At a self-catered hall you'd have to make a bit more effort, i'm guessing.
Reply 6
Zakatu
perhaps that wasn't the right phrasing....

What i meant to say is that often i'll hear about stuff (such as where people are going out that evening) at dinner.

At a self-catered hall you'd have to make a bit more effort, i'm guessing.

Isn't the main question "What's going on at Badock Bar this evening?"

Actually - no point asking that as it's great every evening!

Latest

Trending

Trending