The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ok
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
ark1987
I've already been on the 7'th and got an offer from them.

Did u know that they make you write 2 short essays ??

University: The University of Manchester
Course: PHARMACY
Offer conditions:'This offer is subject to your obtaining GCE A level Grades AAB in any order in Chemistry Mathematics Biology'
When you applied:11'th November
If you're thinking of accepting: UNSURE

AAB! Wow, things have really changed since 3 years ago. I was offered the conditions of BBB when I applied I think.
Reply 3
ark1987
I've already been on the 7'th and got an offer from them.

Did u know that they make you write 2 short essays ??

University: The University of Manchester
Course: PHARMACY
Offer conditions:'This offer is subject to your obtaining GCE A level Grades AAB in any order in Chemistry Mathematics Biology'
When you applied:11'th November
If you're thinking of accepting: UNSURE

Yeah, read a bunch of posts about Manchester being harsh in interviews, but 90%+ of candidates interviewed are accepted, so not worrying too much as long as i read up a bit beforehand :smile:.
My interview was not harsh at all!! I went at the end of november and my lady was lovley. They don't ask normal questions like why manchester etc etc but more stuff like you views on the new contract, naming some drugs and what they do, and they gave me a mental arithmatic question. Wasn't even very formal. Its not actually 2 essays they give, just like 2 questions, second one very short. And not on anything you dont know about...
Asking you about the new contract? Thats a bit harsh. I got asked about the "new deal" in my hospital interview. I started blabbing on about utilising pharmacists clinical skills to prevent adverse drug reactions cos of bad prescribing or patients being on too many drugs and them all interacting.

I felt such a fool when they said, "no, the new deal, about changes to banding of pay".
i felt such an arse
Ha ha! Thats quite funny! The question i got asked which i hated the most was about how i think drugs are wasted in society - that really taxed my brain for a minute!!

Jimmocrates, noticed that you studied at Manchester...hope you don't mind me asking, is it good there? Heard the uni is meant to be very good for Pharmacy, but i didn't like it so much when i went there - so am in two minds about considering the offer!
Reply 7
Hiya!

I have a Manchester interview on the 22nd February! it also contains an open day for applicants and parents!
jaggy1
Hiya!

I have a Manchester interview on the 22nd February! it also contains an open day for applicants and parents!

Congrats!

It's not bad at all, really relaxed, informal talk with your interviewer (mine was anyway). I spent days 'preparing' for the interview, but didn't need to in the end!

You find out really quickly aswell, i got my letter on the following saturday - which is great because then you don't spend days worrying about it!
Reply 9
jaggy1
Hiya!

I would have been going then, but it filled up before I replied so it got changed to the 15th.
Reply 10
I got the letter they sent me on the 4th November asking me to go for an interview! I don't understand why they sent me a letter sooooo early when they want to interview me soooo late! Do you understand what I have just typed?

If you don't mind me asking, what questions did get asked? (sorry if that sounds rude, which I am sure it does in some ways!)
Don't mind at all!

Mine was only really naming 5 drugs and what they do, Do i think pharmacists should be able to prescribe, in what ways are drugs wasted in todays society and a random mental arithmatic (what is 20% of 200). Then we just had a very short discussion on the new contract. So mine was ok, but have read other posts on here saying their's were awful. Some got asked horrible questions!!
Reply 12
May be a silly question but what is the new contract???
JasonN

An excuse for the government to screw over community pharmacists? :rolleyes:

Oh sorry, I thought you were telling a joke. :laugh:

See here: http://www.pjonline.com/noticeboard/series/contract2005/overview.html
JasonN

An excuse for the government to screw over community pharmacists? :rolleyes:

Oh sorry, I thought you were telling a joke. :laugh:

See here: http://www.pjonline.com/noticeboard/series/contract2005/overview.html

Latest

Trending

Trending