The Student Room Group

Medical Students - Which Stethoscope Do You Have?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Burgundy- not as boring as black but not as showy as blue or green. :biggrin:

I like green. :frown:
Carribean blue is the way forward!
I like how this thread has now descended from an actual (if somewhat dull) discussion to a series of posts which are basically just listing colours.
The Littmann all-black 'ninja' is the way to go.
If only they had the electronic bluetooth recording stethoscope in pink..
Reply 65
I use a Zithromax advertising freebie which has been getting steadily worse as the chill ring on the diaphragm has stretched with occasional sand removal.

Has anyone tried moulded earpieces?

Linky makes rather interesting reading on choosing a stethoscope.
(edited 12 years ago)
I've got a rather dashing orange Classic II with my name engraved. I can honestly say i never took into account whether it would clash/go with my clothes, it's just my second favourite colour (and the green ones looked poo). I'm gonna have to figure out what goes with orange i suppose.

I've used it intermittently in the first two years (Newcastle), and i expect i'll use it more next year. I think it's been worthwhile having for 2 main reasons:

1: Being able to fully practice Chest (Pulm and Cardio) and Abdo exams at home.

2: During Clin Skills at uni they do provide steths, but a lot of them are quite old and ****, so it's nice to just have my own. I actually considered getting my own Sphygmomanometer for the same reason, but i think that'd be excessive :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

I like how this thread has now descended from an actual (if somewhat dull) discussion to a series of posts which are basically just listing colours.

Exactly. I looked on here to see what different types of stethoscope there were, only to find:

"I like the blue ones."

"No, Royal blue."

"Too doctor-ish: Ceil blue."

"No: CARRIBEAN BLUE!"

:giggle: I'll leave now. I just never knew there were so many different varieties - or that medical students would be so excited about them! It’s great!
I went with navy blue, myself.
Original post by Lily Academia
Exactly. I looked on here to see what different types of stethoscope there were, only to find:

"I like the blue ones."

"No, Royal blue."

"Too doctor-ish: Ceil blue."

"No: CARRIBEAN BLUE!"

:giggle: I'll leave now. I just never knew there were so many different varieties - or that medical students would be so excited about them! It’s great!

It's because the stethoscope is THE symbol.
Reply 70
You see I actually have an orange stethoscope, but the comment got removed, because it was spam, supposedly. I like colour in my life is all.
Stethsmesh, just put your ear to their chest.

I'm going into my second year and don't have one, neither does anybody I'm living with next year.
Littman III Burgundy
A sexy one.
Reply 74
A much more important and difficult decision is what stethoscope cover to go for! :lolwut:

Lion maybe?

See here for alternatives! :ahee: http://www.medisave.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=stethoscope+covers&x=0&y=0
Reply 75
OMFG! The choice is overwhelming! :worm2:

(trolling over)
Reply 76
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Purple :love:

Although people keep trying to tell me it's blue :huff:

I have that one. :love:

I have been known to get a little irate with people calling it blue...it's purple, people. :angry:
The staff nurse at the place I volunteer at gave me a Littmann Master Classic II today, which I thought was very nice of her. Saves me from buying it. :biggrin:

Oh, and it's burgundy btw, as everyone seems to be keen to share their preferred colours and such. :tongue:
Reply 78
Original post by Andrew Mooney
The staff nurse at the place I volunteer at gave me a Littmann Master Classic II today, which I thought was very nice of her. Saves me from buying it. :biggrin:

Oh, and it's burgundy btw, as everyone seems to be keen to share their preferred colours and such. :tongue:

That's great! She pretty much handed you £60! :biggrin: must have been quite fond of you :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but would people take me less seriously if I had a hot pink one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending