The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I'm at KCL now but I didn't do LNAT :smile: because I applied on Results Day, and originally applied to non-LNAT unis, they accepted me wihtout it. Really glad though, from reading through these posts it sounds hard.

And if people are wondering about Warwick, I got my reply on 31st March. So annoying. It was a rejection :/ But I think because it was so late I had no chancce anyway, they would have given out all their offers by late March.

I'm much happier at KCL though than Warwick. Quote me if you want to ask me a question :O
Original post by Bea492
Thanks! I got 11A*s and 1 A at GCSE and A*A*AAA at A level. I really hope I like it there but I highly suspect I'll prefer Bristol and Nottingham as they are in big cities. I haven't visited any of them yet but hoping for offers! The offer certainly helped heal the rejection I got from Oxford on Friday :frown: but then again I was happy just to get interviewed. But anyway yay Warwick! What a nice Christmas present :smile:

Sorry to hear about your rejection from Oxford. Where were you interviewed? I've been offered a place by St. Hugh's. Your GCSEs are amazing by the way, I only got 2A*s, 3Bs and a C.
Reply 1842
Original post by jamestwob
Sorry to hear about your rejection from Oxford. Where were you interviewed? I've been offered a place by St. Hugh's. Your GCSEs are amazing by the way, I only got 2A*s, 3Bs and a C.

Congrats! I was interviewed at New. There were 23 of us for 8 places so unfortunately there were just 8 people who they thought were better than me! I'm going to ring up for feedback but I think part of my rejection may be because 2 of my A levels were Drama and Dance lol. So I did pretty well to get an interview really :wink: but if I do go down the law route (I'm also applying to drama schools I've always wanted a career in theatre) then I will definitely apply to Oxford to do the BCL. But I am excited about studying law now, especially since the money is so much better than what I'd get as an actress haha! So yeah really hoping for a Bristol offer so I can dwell with the rest of the wonderful Oxbridge rejects :wink:
Original post by Bea492
Congrats! I was interviewed at New. There were 23 of us for 8 places so unfortunately there were just 8 people who they thought were better than me! I'm going to ring up for feedback but I think part of my rejection may be because 2 of my A levels were Drama and Dance lol. So I did pretty well to get an interview really :wink: but if I do go down the law route (I'm also applying to drama schools I've always wanted a career in theatre) then I will definitely apply to Oxford to do the BCL. But I am excited about studying law now, especially since the money is so much better than what I'd get as an actress haha! So yeah really hoping for a Bristol offer so I can dwell with the rest of the wonderful Oxbridge rejects :wink:

Bristol is such a beautiful Law school, I feel sad to not be accepting an offer from there! Have you visited Bristol?
That applicant to place ratio seems similar to St. Hugh's. We had 20 applicants for 6 places for Law. I literally have absolutely no idea how I have a place, it hasn't sunk in yet as I convinced myself I'd not got one!
Reply 1844
Bristol is such a beautiful Law school, I feel sad to not be accepting an offer from there! Have you visited Bristol?
That applicant to place ratio seems similar to St. Hugh's. We had 20 applicants for 6 places for Law. I literally have absolutely no idea how I have a place, it hasn't sunk in yet as I convinced myself I'd not got one!

I visited Bristol the city but not the University :smile: I loved the city though!
You are so lucky I am very jealous :tongue: However, it clearly wasn't meant to be for me and I'm sure I'll be happy wherever I end up. Are you holding an offer from Bristol? They don't seem to have given many home student offers yet...
Original post by Bea492
I visited Bristol the city but not the University :smile: I loved the city though!
You are so lucky I am very jealous :tongue: However, it clearly wasn't meant to be for me and I'm sure I'll be happy wherever I end up. Are you holding an offer from Bristol? They don't seem to have given many home student offers yet...

No no, I don't hold an offer yet, but I'm hopeful that I'll get one given that I was invited for interview at Ox. (God, I sound so arrogant now, thanks for pointing out my accidental assumption of an offer) :wink: Have you seen the Bristol Law building? I fell in love instantly > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wills_Memorial_Building :smile:
Offer from Warwick. SO ****ING happy, probably going to be my firm. :ahee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Junaid16
Offer from Warwick. SO ****ING happy, probably going to be my firm. :ahee:

Cam didn't go so well?

Congrats!

Academics?
Reply 1848
Original post by GStevens
Did you have an interview?
I'm also a mature student applying to KCL for Law, the 4 year PPL. So far I've had the initial acknowledgment of my application and a further 'we are carefully considering your application'.
I'm clutching at straws but if I haven't received a rejection yet then maybe I'm still in with a chance.

Well, that was my thinking, until I got the rejection! lol
To be honest, from what i've heard from the other's who applied at my college, they seem to be just working through the apps and rejecting/offering on an app by app basis.

Good luck though, I should imagine the majority of the offers/rejections for matures will be going out this next few weeks once the deadline has passed!
Original post by bittersweet16
I'm at KCL now but I didn't do LNAT :smile: because I applied on Results Day, and originally applied to non-LNAT unis, they accepted me wihtout it. Really glad though, from reading through these posts it sounds hard.

And if people are wondering about Warwick, I got my reply on 31st March. So annoying. It was a rejection :/ But I think because it was so late I had no chancce anyway, they would have given out all their offers by late March.

I'm much happier at KCL though than Warwick. Quote me if you want to ask me a question :O

You applied on Results Day!? :confused:
My GCSEs were pretty average (A*A*A*AABBB) but I did well at AS (AAAA) took my LNAT and got an offer 2 days later from Manchester
I don't think they put too much emphasis on GCSE results as long as you're predicted the right grades and do well on the LNAT
Just waiting on responses from Newcastle and Birmingham now - wish me luck!
Original post by kayleighp31
My GCSEs were pretty average (A*A*A*AABBB) but I did well at AS (AAAA) took my LNAT and got an offer 2 days later from Manchester
I don't think they put too much emphasis on GCSE results as long as you're predicted the right grades and do well on the LNAT
Just waiting on responses from Newcastle and Birmingham now - wish me luck!

You should've heard from Newcastle by now really, when did you apply? Also, I think for Law, Manchester usually ask for at least 5 As at GCSE for Law, so your GCSEs are a) more than good enough, and b) LNAT was probably very good too. I only got 2A*s, 3Bs and a C so I didn't bother applying.
Reply 1852
Just got my 5th Conditional offer....now to start deciding which ones to pick....this could be hard
Reply 1853
Original post by Fward
Just got my 5th Conditional offer....now to start deciding which ones to pick....this could be hard

Congrats!

Bit of a random one, but Lancaster or Manchester? According to the Guardian League table, Lancaster is 11th and Manchester is 29th, that's quite a large gap! Lancaster seems to have some good feedback in terms of satisfaction with the course, but Manchester seems to have more of this infamous prestige for Law, and they do seem to have good links to Clifford Chance (according to the DoS anyway) :confused:
Reply 1854
Who are people still waiting to hear from?

I am waiting for Bristol & Warwick..

Oh, and I got rejected from Oxford on Monday :frown:
Reply 1855
Original post by Olive12
Who are people still waiting to hear from?

I am waiting for Bristol & Warwick..

Oh, and I got rejected from Oxford on Monday :frown:

I'm waiting for Bristol and Nottingham. I got rejected from Oxford on Friday :frown: Oh well I got an Unconditional from Warwick yesterday so it's all good! Hope you hear from them soon! Where is your first choice now?
You should've heard from Newcastle by now really, when did you apply? Also, I think for Law, Manchester usually ask for at least 5 As at GCSE for Law, so your GCSEs are a) more than good enough, and b) LNAT was probably very good too. I only got 2A*s, 3Bs and a C so I didn't bother applying.

I'm still waiting on Newcastle too. Sent my application 15th November so been waiting over a month now!
Just got my Oxford rejection :frown: I really want at least one offer - I sent my application off over two months ago!
Reply 1858
Original post by Bea492
I'm waiting for Bristol and Nottingham. I got rejected from Oxford on Friday :frown: Oh well I got an Unconditional from Warwick yesterday so it's all good! Hope you hear from them soon! Where is your first choice now?

aw, rejection sucks :frown:

King's College is now my first choice, I have an offer & need to get A*AAA :/

What about you?
Reply 1859
Original post by Olive12
aw, rejection sucks :frown:

King's College is now my first choice, I have an offer & need to get A*AAA :/

What about you?

Rejection really does suck!

Ah you're sorted then! Even though it's a steep offer! I didn't apply to Kings because I already have my A levels and my A*s aren't traditional subjects. I half wish I'd have given it a shot now. But now I think my first choice will be Bristol or Nottingham...or Warwick haha I don't know! I really need to go and visit. But whichever Uni I end up at I WILL go to Oxford for my grad degree, they will not reject me again :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending