The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
It by Stephen King. So long drawn out, but I wanna get to the end of it.
Original post by Pensivedore
:biggrin:

What? I don't hate Snape! Infact, I will always love snape. (See what I did there?!!!?) :P

ahhh :colone:
Reply 582
The Sea Around Us by Rachel Carson.
Just finished Catching Fire and am proceeding onto Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins :headbang:
I'm reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell (about the story of success and how people become successful, very good read) and A Clash of Kings by GRRM (sequel to A Game of Thrones and it is bloody amazing).
Original post by Fusion
It by Stephen King. So long drawn out, but I wanna get to the end of it.

I had to sleep with the light on for a fair few days after reading that :colondollar:
Reply 586
Fermat's Last Theorem by Simon Singh

great book so far :smile:
I'm on the Count of Monte Cristo at the moment but I really wanna read One Day because there's been so much hype about it!
Kropotkin - Memoirs of a Revolutionist
Reply 589
Please don't kill the freshman by Zoe Trope

One of the weirdest books I've ever read but I like it, angry teenage angst at its best...highly recommended
Original post by Cat165
Yaay! Good decision :smile: I hope you enjoy it!!

Okay, I've just finished the book. I'm not entirely sure what I thought of it! I enjoyed it... the characters were utterly charming and I felt it had a very Pride and Prejudice-esque feel to it... but I feel like there was something missing! I couldn't tell you what that is, but I think there was something not quite there. I did enjoy it, nonetheless, though!
The Selfish Gene by Dawkins and The Women Who Run with the Wolves
Dance with Dragons, the fifth book in the Game of Thrones series.

These books are crazy long, usually I would have gotten through at least a dozen books in the time it's taken me to get through these five. They are good though.
Le Fanu's The House By The Churchyard. Ploughing through it. There's odd passages that make me remember why I love this author... and then I spend another three chapters trying to remember who is who and why I'm reading another of his massive beasts of a novel :biggrin:
Just finished A Clockwork Orange, Fight Club and Sherlock Holmes.

Going to start Dracula
Original post by NeonIndian
Sons and Lovers- D. H. Lawrence

How are you finding it? I bought it the other day because I seen it cheap, should be starting it soon, currently on Oliver Twist!
Original post by SnookerLoopy
How are you finding it? I bought it the other day because I seen it cheap, should be starting it soon, currently on Oliver Twist!

I'm enjoying it. The only negatives are its quite slow to start, and the chapters are pretty lengthy, but once you get past the first quarter and into the stories of the sons it gets pretty good :smile: I might read Lady Chatterly's Lover when I've finished it.
Reply 597
Joseph Conrad - Heart Of Darkness

Pretty intense. Gotta love his writing style.
One Day - David Nicholls :smile:
Reply 599
The Help - Kathryn Stockett

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending