The Student Room Group

Exams you've failed?

Scroll to see replies

I took an AS level in philosophy while in highschool and got a C, I've retaken that first module in college and went from a D to a B, the difference between the teaching was amazing!
In my mocks i got an A in F211, but a U in F212 :colondollar:. Got D's in all my maths exams and a C and a D in Chemistry. :rolleyes: And C's in the rest of my exams.
Reply 102
Original post by APonderingMind
Failed an Economics exam. Why? Because of mismarking, as confirmed by my Economics teachers when I showed them the script.

Did you not get it remarked? Was this AQA by any chance? :colone:
i paid £150 to resit 3 modules privately in january.
i managed to bring my AS grade D in maths up to a B, but got 14/120 in physics and 35/100 in statistics. yaaaaaaay £100 down the drain!
Economics Unit 1 AQA got a U retook it and got a C - Then decided to drop the subject I blame the teacher :tongue:
Reply 105
Original post by Michael_4180
Someone in my class got 1 ums for M1 even though you get a couple for spelling your name right...:facepalm2:.

You don't, that's just a myth. Once you enter your candidate information on the front of the paper (writing your name etc.) you get 0, which then increases with every mark gained in the exam; if you don't write any information on the paper, you don't get a mark.
E in Add. Maths in Year 11 :colonhash:
E in AQA English literature B, managed to pull out with a C overall for AS because of my coursework but damn I hated it!
Original post by Groat
Did you not get it remarked? Was this AQA by any chance? :colone:

:frown: No. It was OCR

I know... how friggin stupid of me?!!!!!!!!!! I was actually too depressed to do anything at the time, and because I didn't tell anyone, no one encouraged me to do SOMETHING about it. Sob sob sob*
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
I think everyone gets a U in their first C1 mock.

Wish I knew that back then; I honestly thought I was going to have to drop maths and I was never going to get anything about maths :colondollar:
Reply 110
:frown: No. It was OCR

I know... how friggin stupid of me?!!!!!!!!!! I was actually too depressed to do anything at the time, and because I didn't tell anyone, no one encouraged me to do SOMETHING about it. Sob sob sob*

Ah! Was this Markets in Action? Quite a few of my friends did badly when they were predicted As in January, but when they got their scripts remarked they barely went up.
Original post by Groat
Ah! Was this Markets in Action? Quite a few of my friends did badly when they were predicted As in January, but when they got their scripts remarked they barely went up.

Nope, it was Work and Leisure.
Reply 112
Nope, it was Work and Leisure.

Ah, ignore me then.

Are you retaking?
Original post by Groat
Ah, ignore me then.

Are you retaking?

Definitely!
Original post by Sifr
Everyone on TSR seems pretty damn smart, I just wanted to know if anyones ever managed to fail an exam..and why?
And did you manage to improve your grade?

My biggest achievement was probably getting an E in M1 in AS year
and 96/100 the next time i took it..

My excuse? I absolutely LOVED dossing about in AS, and started my revision the night before ha..that never works out :/

Other than my Maths, I dont think i've ever really drastically improved anything.
Everyone else?

Lol!

I failed one of my english moduals got a U becuase I was angry so I sat throught the exam reading the anthology and writing about nothing relevant to the question. It was also a boring question because it was very similar to the one I did the night before and I didnt want to do it.

I got an A in the other modual! So that was a D altogether. I had to resit. My teacher made me do the foundation paper on resit because everyone else that were resiting were doing the foundation...so got a C!
Reply 115
C1 - 76/100 no repeat
M1 - 1st time 55/100 --- Second time 80/100
C2- 86/100 first time
C3- 54/100 repeating June 16 :frown:
C4- Pending June 20...To get a B average in All of A level maths I need a 40/100 In c4...I Dont think thats going to be easy.
S1- Pending..Predicting an 85/100

:biggrin:
Reply 116
Original post by Niki_girl
:frown: That F211 was the worst exam of my life. No exaggeration, so *maybe* it was such a hard paper that they'll lower the grade boundaries? :colondollar:

I think about..........10 for an A. That'll get me the grade I want :emo:

Got a D in the mocks, after days of revision......

I. hate. Biology. :moon:

I know! It's so long!
Did you resit it on the 16th May?
Reply 117
I think I've took more retakes than liverpool have trying to win the title again...
Someone at my secondary school only took 5 GCSE's and only passed 1 GCSE (and that was a short course). Apart from the C grade he managed to scrape, the rest of his grades were E's and U's. His worst mark was 1 mark and he got no questions right (he got 1 mark for his working out). Apparently the question was 'name this shape' and the answer was 'An isosceles triangle' but he put 'a triangle'. He got 1 mark out of a possible two.
Original post by Maaya_D
I know! It's so long!
Did you resit it on the 16th May?

This was my first time of actually sitting F211 & F212, but in my mocks exams I got a B in F211 and a D in F212! This time (the real exams) I genuinely think I might have failed F211....and await the results :frown: at least F212 is worth more than F211.

Hopefully dropping Biology next year! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest