The Student Room Group

Maths Gcse- am scared

I am in year 9 and i am so scared about gcse maths as i dont want to disappoint anyone and need atleast an 8 ..I got 66% on my last EOY higher set exam but i joined halfway through and had no prior experience to an exam in the uk..i am learning so hard rn but i dont think its enough and its the summer of year 8 and in sept i will be in year 9 WILL I FAIL? WILL I BE A FAILURE??WILL I BE IN SET 2 OR 3 ????
Reply 1
I’m sure you won’t fail. I understand it’s scary and super stressful but just do your best and in sure everything will be fine. I doubt it but if you don’t pass with a high enough score then, you will always have another chance. (Original post by Alm_xo)I am in year 9 and i am so scared about gcse maths as i dont want to disappoint anyone and need atleast an 8 ..I got 66% on my last EOY higher set exam but i joined halfway through and had no prior experience to an exam in the uk..i am learning so hard rn but i dont think its enough and its the summer of year 8 and in sept i will be in year 9 WILL I FAIL? WILL I BE A FAILURE??WILL I BE IN SET 2 OR 3 ????
Original post by Alm_xo
I am in year 9 and i am so scared about gcse maths as i dont want to disappoint anyone and need atleast an 8 ..I got 66% on my last EOY higher set exam but i joined halfway through and had no prior experience to an exam in the uk..i am learning so hard rn but i dont think its enough and its the summer of year 8 and in sept i will be in year 9 WILL I FAIL? WILL I BE A FAILURE??WILL I BE IN SET 2 OR 3 ????

Dw, you've still got 3 years to get better at Maths so I think that it is totally possible
Reply 3
thanks a lot jessica
(Original post by jessica stuart10)you've got enough and more time to get better! check sites like Tyrion papers on google and do practice papers often. u will do just fine!
Reply 4
If you need some help I know a wonderful tutor who helped me get an 8 in my gcses after being a borderline 5 student for the longest time.

Original post by Alm_xo
Original post by Alm_xo

Hi, if you want I could tutor you. I've tutored 3 students before so I have some experience
Reply 6
I would love to know more abt it thanks

Quick Reply

Latest