The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Maths at Warwick, predicted grades?

Thanks for the answers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Your predicted grades are whatever grades your teachers feel like predicting you, there is no formula. As far as I am aware, unless you make a special request to the exam board your grade is calculated by finding the highest possible grade you can get in maths, and giving you this grade with the lowest possible modules, and then putting everything else into further maths. Maths is guaranteed to be the best grade you can get, and they will do their best with FM as well. Also, Warwick in the past have made offers to most applicants, preferring to do it this way and have a higher offer. I see no reason this should change this year, especially since they have upped their standard offer.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I don't think they will ruin your chances. Predicted A-level grades are more important. Also they won't be able to know you've got less than 90% in D1 anyway because you only put the module grade into UCAS, so it will only show up as an A on your application.

I went to a maths talk on an open day and I think they said they get 1800 applications but they give out 1600 offers.
Reply 3
You need to be predicted an A at least in maths and further maths. With the grades you have already, it's likely that you will be given this prediction by your teacher.
Reply 4
Getting an offer is easy; meeting it is hard(ish).

Quick Reply

Latest