The Student Room Group

The Walking Dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by gunit123
What are the rules on posting information (potentially, and most likely, spoilers) from the comics?

Preferably, following this format:

COMIC SPOILER
Then put whatever in here
Come on it's pretty simple guys, just write which episode your spoiler is referring to and then people know whether or not to click on it.
Reply 982
Original post by Shabalala
You can't go into a thread about a show and not expect people to be discussing what has happened in already aired episodes:biggrin:. surely if you din't want to know what was going to happen you would avoid the thread about it until after you have watched it. Some people might still be on the 2nd season shall we not talk about Shane's death incase we spoil it for them?

Granted, people shouldn't be clicking on spoilers in a thread after an episode has aired if they haven't watched the episode and don't want crucial plot points revealed, but I disagree that going into a thread like this necessitates spoilers cropping up without spoiler tags.

Common sense dictates that people are likely to have watched the episode before they go into a thread like this (I always do), but there are plenty of times when someone might want a general overview or be joining the thread having seen, for example, the first two series but not the most recent.

The salient point is this: you were talking about major plot points without spoiler tags. Please avoid doing so in future.

Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Nope, it only aired US yesterday.

I think we should request the OP to our little society to make a first post with rules and an example [ spoiler ] just so people know that it's just not very nice :^_^:

I can add a 'please use spoiler tags' to the OP, but I would've thought it was a given (though, apparently not).

Original post by Mess.

Spoiler

People still spoiler things like the ending of the Sixth Sense and films released even prior to this. There's almost no time at which spoiler tags aren't at least considerate; a week later is an episode down the line, granted, but it's still not really leaving people a whole lot of time to watch the episode.
... Why are people saying things about the comics? The show doesn't really stay true to the does it, they just use it as a guideline if someone says something about someone dying in the comic it doesn't really mean they are in the series. Shane died about 10 episodes late.

Spoiler

. Plus no one can ruin Daryl's and Mearl's storyline since they shouldn't exist.
Reply 984
Original post by SamTheMan95

Spoiler

Edit: I don't know how to do the orange spoiler alert soweee.
Edit 2: Apparently I do...
:s-smilie:

Spoiler

Original post by Guitarded
Episode 5
Why are they all assuming Carol is dead to the point where they've even dug a grave for her??

Because

Spoiler

Original post by zjs

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 987
Original post by zjs

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 988
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah

Spoiler

On a related note, why is it that all the blonde, white woman are portrayed as 'weak' and need help (Andrea, Maggies sister) whereas the black woman are always 'strong' (Michonne)
Original post by zaliack
On a related note, why is it that all the blonde, white woman are portrayed as 'weak' and need help (Andrea, Maggies sister) whereas the black woman are always 'strong' (Michonne)

It's the rules. They also have to be way more sexual. Inter-racial relationships has never, ever, on any TV or media been portrayed a positive. Quite frighteningly, if a black man/woman get together with their white counterpart, all hell MUST break loose.

But cynicism aside, the Walking dead does subvert other stereotypes. Sex is, for example, portrayed as a safe and wonderful thing, rare for any horror genre.
Daryl is a softie at heart isn't he?

Spoiler

Daryl :adore:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Shabalala
nah I was just kidding the picture is actually a shot from a movie called Pandorum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandorum

:biggrin:

Great troll
Reply 992
Is it just me who is getting annoyed at and tired of Andrea again? She is just so damn stubborn on everything and only seems to look out for herself.

Episode 5 spoiler relating to above:

Spoiler

Reply 993
Argh, was hoping they wouldn't do the whole Rick talking to Lori on the phone thing and they have.
Original post by Mockery
Is it just me who is getting annoyed at and tired of Andrea again?

I never stopped hating Andrea. I mean lets sum up what she's contributed to the show.

*SPOILERS AND EXTREME BIAS*

Spoiler

Does anyone on here actually LIKE Andrea?
(edited 11 years ago)
Just out of curiosity, has anyone else entertained the idea that Rick is still in a coma?

Rick! Is in coma theory

Thus I officially dub it.

There are alot of parts of episodes that can be labelled as allusions to him still being in the hospital, in particular the scenes involving 'giving in' and suicide offers.

I think too the zombies could be read metaphorically as his disease, and that if he succumbs he will become 'brain dead'.

The hints at him being special and potential cures in the comics also hint towards this in a way. Furthermore, the Lori phone conversations definitely allude to something more at the very least.

Also, the opening in the hospital always felt iffy to me at best. How did he survive on the drip of saline for 2-3 weeks without any attention? How did he really escape being caught by a hospital bed? Could that too be a metaphorical point, the first barrier between him and his illness being the place in the hospital?

What are your guys thoughts on it? I know it's me who's made it, but my god how I would be disapointed if this was the big final episode twist. Please refute it.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm sure it's been said before, here - Daryl is a badass. My favorite Character.
Original post by Blind Ferret
I'm sure it's been said before, here - Daryl is a badass. My favorite Character.

Genuinely attracted to Daryl here.
Original post by mau5
Argh, was hoping they wouldn't do the whole Rick talking to Lori on the phone thing and they have.

How do we know it's Lori?

from Ep 4:

Spoiler

Reply 999
Nearly everyones favourite character is Daryl, yet he hardly ever gets screen time :frown: saddd!

Quick Reply

Latest