The Student Room Group

Teach First OFFICIAL Application / Assessment Centre thread

Scroll to see replies

I am going to be doing my application tomorrow, just finished reading 80 pages of this thread, lots of great information. Thanks to everyone who posted!
I keep forgetting that applications open tomorrow. Crazy. Summer Institute starts in five days for us :eek:

Best of luck to everyone applying!
This application is very difficult, I'm so nervous that I'm gonna mess up, I'm struggling to answer the most basic of questions :frown:
My application is in. Now we wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anthony250688
This application is very difficult, I'm so nervous that I'm gonna mess up, I'm struggling to answer the most basic of questions :frown:

Hi Anthony!

Are you still at uni? If so, I seriously recommend finding out who the talent officer at your university is. They might even contact you soon (they might all be preparing for summer institute right now though). Mine was so so helpful to me from going through the questions with me, going through the assessment centre with me and onwards, and even with little questions I have in these days leading up to summer institute!
Original post by Mother_Russia
Hi Anthony!

Are you still at uni? If so, I seriously recommend finding out who the talent officer at your university is. They might even contact you soon (they might all be preparing for summer institute right now though). Mine was so so helpful to me from going through the questions with me, going through the assessment centre with me and onwards, and even with little questions I have in these days leading up to summer institute!

Talent officer? is that the recruitment person for teach first, cos if it is unfortunately my uni doesn't have one, and my careers adviser has limited knowledge of teach first. I'm kind of in this by myself, I know there is the recruitment team, but i don't want to pester them, and earn a mithering reputation for myself, especially if they're somehow involved in the recruitment process... so i'm trying to limit myself to essential questions only, which means general advice and support are distinctly lacking, I've got two potential answers to two of the questions done now, which i'm okish with, just gotta keep at it and hope i'm good enough :smile:
Original post by anthony250688
Talent officer? is that the recruitment person for teach first, cos if it is unfortunately my uni doesn't have one, and my careers adviser has limited knowledge of teach first. I'm kind of in this by myself, I know there is the recruitment team, but i don't want to pester them, and earn a mithering reputation for myself, especially if they're somehow involved in the recruitment process... so i'm trying to limit myself to essential questions only, which means general advice and support are distinctly lacking, I've got two potential answers to two of the questions done now, which i'm okish with, just gotta keep at it and hope i'm good enough :smile:

No, each person I met at the assessment centre and now who I've met trough Facebook groups, had a dedicated person who helped them through the process. When I did the survey after the assessment, they ask about your talent officer and there aware about 20 different talent officers in London alone. Where are you based?
Well, I've got the Assessment Centre on 1 August! Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katiecocopops
Well, I've got the Assessment Centre on 1 August! Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a sticky thread for those of us applying for 2014, here. I have my AC next Thursday :smile:
I finally submitted it :frown: so nervous now, I don't know what I'll do if I don't at least get an assessment center, been working on this appliciation none stop for the past two weeks :smile:
I've been invited to an assessment centre on the 9th, yay me!

But i need to get a hotel nearby as it's too far for me to travel, does anyone else have experience of doing this, if so does anyone know somewhere cheap near the london centre, as the ones i found on google are expensive?

Is anyone else going on this date/staying over?
I'm going to need to stay too but it's so expensive. Other alternative is a hostel, but I don't really fancy that if I can help it :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
I stayed in an easyHotel the night before my AC. The room was tiny and didn't even have a window, haha, but it was the cheapest place I found bar hostels, which I didn't particularly want to stay in.

Good luck with your ACs, everyone! (and hello from the Summer Institute :colone:)
Original post by rainbow drops
I stayed in an easyHotel the night before my AC. The room was tiny and didn't even have a window, haha, but it was the cheapest place I found bar hostels, which I didn't particularly want to stay in.

Good luck with your ACs, everyone! (and hello from the Summer Institute :colone:)

is there an easyhotel near the assessment centre?
Hello, I had my AC yesterday and I managed to stay in King's College apartments on Great Dover Street. 20 minute walk from the AC and only £55 a night. ensuite bathroom. small for it's only one night
Original post by spinglefairy
Hello, I had my AC yesterday and I managed to stay in King's College apartments on Great Dover Street. 20 minute walk from the AC and only £55 a night. ensuite bathroom. small for it's only one night

thanks for the info, I managed to find somewhere for £55... probably the same place as according to google it's only 19mins walk away, and only 12.70 return on the megabus so I'm pretty happy :smile:
Rejected without getting through to the assessment centre :frown: their loss
Ok, can anyone offer me some last-minute advice for my AC tomorrow? I'm in London tonight and doing some prep for it but I'm really nervous. I applied last year but didn't pass the AC and I'm worried the same will happen again :s

Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1598
Does Anyone know if the 2012 Teach First cohort (those that started in 2012) have to do the skills test ?
Original post by Yoo_2013
Does Anyone know if the 2012 Teach First cohort (those that started in 2012) have to do the skills test ?

They did, but they did them during the TF programme rather than before. From the 2013 cohort onwards, you have to do the tests before you can start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending