The Student Room Group

does a two day suspension affect my chances of getting into a good college/university

I was suspended in school for two days for making fun of a teacher on discord with my friends. (I'm in Year 9), and my record is clean, I have no detentions and have quite good behaviour, so will this affect my chences of getting into a good sixth form, college or university?
Original post by John smitherson
I was suspended in school for two days for making fun of a teacher on discord with my friends. (I'm in Year 9), and my record is clean, I have no detentions and have quite good behaviour, so will this affect my chences of getting into a good sixth form, college or university?

The only way a university would know about this is if your referee deemed it serious enough to include in your reference. Very, very unlikely.
Original post by John smitherson

If you like punched a teacher in the face then maybe but trash talking a teacher won’t
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
The only way a university would know about this is if your referee deemed it serious enough to include in your reference. Very, very unlikely.

Does it happen both in sixth form and uni? cuz I’ve gotten an isolation once and I just not sure that if the sixth form or uni will see the record? And judge me only cuz of this?
Original post by Collided
Does it happen both in sixth form and uni? cuz I’ve gotten an isolation once and I just not sure that if the sixth form or uni will see the record? And judge me only cuz of this?

I can only speak about uni admissions as that’s where I work. There is no ‘permanent record’ included with your application, only the content of your reference. As above, almost no chance whatsoever that it would be mentioned.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
I can only speak about uni admissions as that’s where I work. There is no ‘permanent record’ included with your application, only the content of your reference. As above, almost no chance whatsoever that it would be mentioned.

Thank you for your reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending