The Student Room Group

A level Advice !!!

Hey I just wanted to get some opinion regarding on what I'm planning on doing would be advisable, possible .
this year ( my AS year) , has been ok however I don't think I'll be getting the grades I desire. I'm currently doing business studies, ICT , Maths app and further maths. Here's the thing, I'm certain that I won't be getting the grade for maths and further maths to carry on doing A2 next term for maths and further maths as I didn't do good in the exams recently. I know this would be because of the lack of revision and co
Commitment to my studies (due to the fact I based it like GCSE which wasn't very difficult getting the grades on for me). I wasn't woken and hit by reality until very late on the year( literally like less than 2 weeks before the exams).
I'm about 90 percent sure that I'll be getting a good grade in business to be able to take it next year. The ones I'm worried about is my mars and further .
Im planning on taking business next year and dropping ICT and hopefully if they'll let me do physics AS along with 2 retake AS (maths app and Futher)
I have the knowledge required it was just te matter of revising and goin through all of it to be able to apply it . I found maths and further quite straight forward (fifnt really struggle). I think if I was given atleast a month to revise for maths and further that I'll be able to get a good enough grade to take it for A2.
the grade required in my school to take a subject to A2 is atleast a D.
1) do you think that theyll let me take AS physics next year despite retaking 2 AS's?
2) if they said no to me taking my maths and further for A2 next year and I revised fr it this summer, can I retake my exams on JANUARY ?

SORRY FOR THE LENGTHY STORY !
I would very much appreciate any opinion and advice .
Thank You !
Reply 1
tl dr bbe
Reply 2
If you're struggling to achieve good grades at AS level, your school are unlikely to allow you to do take AS physics alongside retaking 2ASs and carrying your other subjects to A2, but you can ask.

Your best option is probably to retake maths and further maths ASs in year 13 alongside doing A2, or to resit year 12.

Quick Reply

Latest