The Student Room Group

Go out clubbing on rest or workout days?

I lift 3 times per week. I've gone out on both workout and rest days.

My question - Is it better to go out clubbing on a day ive worked out or on a rest day (followed by a workout day or rest depending on the day of the week)??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
you're overthinking it
Reply 2
I wouldn't go clubbing at all.

Although as you are I agree with a_t's sentiment.
Reply 3
if youre really serious about improving your body dnt go out at all. or at least dnt drink when youre out.
Reply 4
Original post by bobcat7
if youre really serious about improving your body dnt go out at all. or at least dnt drink when youre out.

Why?
Original post by bobcat7

You're gonna have a really fun time and be really cool doing that :rolleyes:

Go out on rest days. No particular scientific reason why, just that you would have had more recovery time (sleep + eating) if you go out on a rest day.
Reply 6
go out all the tiiiiimeeeeeeee
Reply 7
For me:

6-9: Gym
9-11: Shower, dinner, chill.
>11: Clubbing

Next day is rest day, start again day after.
I'd probably go on the days you work out simply because if you drink a lot you might be dehydrated the next day.
Reply 9
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
I'd probably go on the days you work out simply because if you drink a lot you might be dehydrated the next day.

people should drink a litre of water before bed after drinking, you don't get hangover at ALL with this
Reply 10
Original post by rhinger
For me:

You go to the gym for 3 hours :eek: What do you do there?
Reply 11
Original post by Limitless

sauna
Reply 12

I go every 2-3 days and I like doing cardio even though I don't really need it :dontknow: 1 hour for cardio, either cycling, rowing, or jogging, and 2 hours of weights for the shoulders, pecs, lats, quads, triceps, calves, and a bit of time for crunches.
Reply 13
Original post by a_t
people should drink a litre of water before bed after drinking, you don't get hangover at ALL with this

Experience tells me this isn't true.
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
You're gonna have a really fun time and be really cool doing that :rolleyes:

Can be done. Also, people tend to respect you for it particularly if you're doing it for a reason. If they don't then they're d'bags who you don't want to be associating with.

Bottom line; if you care about your physique don't drink. If you want to be strong, but look like crap then drink away.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Old School
Bottom line; if you care about your physique don't drink. If you want to be strong, but look like crap then drink away.

Yeah because it's impossible to get a good physique if you drink? Getting smashed once a week will make minimal difference to your physique
Original post by Economist
Yeah because it's impossible to get a good physique if you drink? Getting smashed once a week will make minimal difference to your physique

So that's why all the guys you see in the gym (who also never train legs) who go out and get wasted on a weekly basis look like poo.

Getting smashed every now and again isn't going to ruin your physique if your diet is on point 24/7 but weekly? I hope you enjoy looking like you don't work out.
Original post by rhinger
For me:

You spend 3 hours in the gym??

Why?

just read rest of thread...

Still... 3 hours is ridiculous. 2 hours of weights... what do you think you are achieving?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Economist
Why?

Because it only takes 2 or 3 pints of alcohol to eradicate one or two sessions of exercise.

By the time you are drunk, its possible to have undone a weeks worth of workouts.
Original post by mikestraws
Because it only takes 2 or 3 pints of alcohol to eradicate one or two sessions of exercise.

By the time you are drunk, its possible to have undone a weeks worth of workouts.

you don't really mean undo, though, do you? the alcohol shouldn't make you lose muscle. all it will do is potentially give you more fat.

Quick Reply

Latest