The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by omicronlyrae
If you are, or are going to be a motorcycle rider, then yes =)

I have a 125cc scooter...

Original post by Juno
Do you have or want a ninja?

I want one :tongue:
Reply 1981
Original post by Hravan

Original post by Hravan
I want one :tongue:

A green one?

If so, you may join :smile:
Original post by Hravan
I have a 125cc scooter...

That's cool =) Are you on a CBT only at the moment?
Reply 1983
Original post by Juno
A green one?

If so, you may join :smile:

:lol:

Yes! :tongue:

That's cool =) Are you on a CBT only at the moment?

Yep. I did my CBT last week, got my scooter on Tuesday.

I'm getting quite annoyed. I actually want to have a few bike lessons but I'm learning to drive a car atm as well and I can't afford both :frown:
(I need my scooter to get to college which starts on Monday... )
Original post by Hravan
Yep. I did my CBT last week, got my scooter on Tuesday.

I'm getting quite annoyed. I actually want to have a few bike lessons but I'm learning to drive a car atm as well and I can't afford both :frown:
(I need my scooter to get to college which starts on Monday... )

That's cool =) But if you're learning to drive, how come you got a bike?
Reply 1985
That's cool =) But if you're learning to drive, how come you got a bike?

Because the earliest I will be getting a car is April and I start college on Monday and it would be £85 a month on the buses to get there so it just made more sense for me to get the scooter because they I can use it to get to my job. Also, the vast majority of the places where I will be doing work experience as part of my course are impossible to get to on public transport (I live in a very rural area. )

(I've spoken to college.. They're going to let me have a free college pass (£400 ) for the entire year so I can use the buses during the winter when I can't get to college on my scooter. If I didn't have my scooter then I would have had to pay but they're making an exception for me due to my situation (there are other things going on..) )

EDIT:

And I need to get my full driving license because pretty much all of the jobs I want after college will require me to have a full driving license so it's far more important to do that and my CBT will cover me for the entire time I'm at college so I'm going to have transport most of the time..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Hravan
Hello :biggrin:

And a Gleek? Think we could on pretty well. Welcome, welcome. How are you? What scooter have you got?
Reply 1987
Original post by LandyJon
And a Gleek? Think we could on pretty well. Welcome, welcome. How are you? What scooter have you got?

Dont push your luck.

Any mention of glee, gleek, whatever high school, glee the musical, or indeed ANY other form of ANYTHING glee related will cause your membership of this society to be terminated IMMEDIATELY and you will be permanently banned from this thread.

Thank you, that is all.

Original post by Hravan
:smile:

Hiya darling, how you going?
Original post by Hravan
Because the earliest I will be getting a car is April and I start college on Monday and it would be £85 a month on the buses to get there so it just made more sense for me to get the scooter because they I can use it to get to my job. Also, the vast majority of the places where I will be doing work experience as part of my course are impossible to get to on public transport (I live in a very rural area. )

(I've spoken to college.. They're going to let me have a free college pass (£400 ) for the entire year so I can use the buses during the winter when I can't get to college on my scooter. If I didn't have my scooter then I would have had to pay but they're making an exception for me due to my situation (there are other things going on..) )

EDIT:

And I need to get my full driving license because pretty much all of the jobs I want after college will require me to have a full driving license so it's far more important to do that and my CBT will cover me for the entire time I'm at college so I'm going to have transport most of the time..

That's cool. I wish I had a full driving license. I only have a bike, which is a shame since a full car license would make my life a million times easier.
Reply 1989

Head over to the Glee Soc. We're all completely mad there :biggrin: Actually, I've spent this evening talking about Glee in a pub with one of the other girls from the thread. :tongue:

I have a yamaha vity 125 :biggrin:
Original post by Hravan
Head over to the Glee Soc. We're all completely mad there :biggrin: Actually, I've spent this evening talking about Glee in a pub with one of the other girls from the thread. :tongue:

I have a yamaha vity 125 :biggrin:

Been in there a couple of times :biggrin: You should fit in pretty nicely :lol:

Funky looking scooter. I quite like that.

Sorry Riderz.
Reply 1991

Sorry Riderz.

Its ok. Maybe I was a tad harsh... I (almost) feel bad for ranting. :biggrin:

But seriously, I cant stand the show. It drives me madddddddddddddddd.
I spent the other day riding a motorbike around koh Tao, in flip flops, and shorts/t-shirt, with Chris as passenger with the most useless helmets ever. And it was all offroad or stupidly steep . It was on a crappy 125cc moped . Oh, and i had lost my glasses the day before so was very blind whilst riding like this...

Does Riderz forgive me for not riding one earlier now?

It was actually a right laugh but my mate that's never come on the back of my bike before finally lets me take him but only when blind in tshirt/shorts/flipflops in a foreign country whilst offroading on a scooter... Lmao
That's cool. I wish I had a full driving license. I only have a bike, which is a shame since a full car license would make my life a million times easier.

I now have both, but I'm sticking with the bike purely as it's cheaper and a helllll of a lot more fun.
That and I have no need for a car, as I don't need to give lifts, don't need to take lots of stuff to work, don't really need to drive to work as it's just down the road from me, etc.
I've got a car licence, but can't afford insurance :tongue: I also sold my motorbike a few months ago :cry2: (It was a yamaha rxs100, I replaced the clutch and kickstand twice each! I used to try and go knee down in a field like a douche :tongue:

Anyway, I'm toying with the idea of getting my cbt, then passing my bike test and getting a 400 restricted or something. The problem is, the reason I actually need transport is to go rock climbing or windsurfing or cycling or skydiving (when I get my licence) somewhere. With a car I could take all the equipment for all these things and passengers. With a bike I'd be hard pushed to just take a passenger with 'weekend in a hotel' luggage, let alone rock climbing equipment :tongue:

I'd rather ride a motorbike ofc, (driving's boring and really expensive). But it also seems really impractical for me, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place :cry2:

:emo:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1995
Original post by MHorman
I spent the other day riding a motorbike around koh Tao, in flip flops, and shorts/t-shirt, with Chris as passenger with the most useless helmets ever. And it was all offroad or stupidly steep . It was on a crappy 125cc moped . Oh, and i had lost my glasses the day before so was very blind whilst riding like this...

Does Riderz forgive me for not riding one earlier now?

It was actually a right laugh but my mate that's never come on the back of my bike before finally lets me take him but only when blind in tshirt/shorts/flipflops in a foreign country whilst offroading on a scooter... Lmao

YES! Massive love for this post. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Good to see you're doing it properly boy! Sounds ****ing awesome.

Im in hong kong next week and are seriously tempted to hire a 'ped, but have a feeling that being HK rather than other parts of Asia it will be expensive and rather too organised.
Reply 1996
Original post by Adamski91

I now have both, but I'm sticking with the bike purely as it's cheaper and a helllll of a lot more fun.
That and I have no need for a car, as I don't need to give lifts, don't need to take lots of stuff to work, don't really need to drive to work as it's just down the road from me, etc.

I'm getting both, and I'll be keeping my car :emog: when I get my bike

Yeah. I have a bike because it was more affordable to learn than car, but reasonably I also don't really need a car, especially now I have full luggage. However, a full license would be insanely beneficial.
Gah just discovered I can't cancel my insurance with MCE to get the cheaper one with these other fellas, due to paying it off monthly.
Gonna cost me a bomb with MCE for this Bandit ;_; should all be worth it though (and still cheaper than a car lolo).
Gah just discovered I can't cancel my insurance with MCE to get the cheaper one with these other fellas, due to paying it off monthly.
Gonna cost me a bomb with MCE for this Bandit ;_; should all be worth it though (and still cheaper than a car lolo).

You might have to pay something to do it but I'm pretty sure you can.

****ing rain. Miserable, dark, grey day :cry:

Latest

Trending

Trending