The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Adamski91

Original post by Adamski91
Hey, hey Juno.

I saw a green ninja today.
Yeah a green ninja... a green ninja rode by a woman.

OMG that's terrible! What was a woman doing on a motorbike?! She should have been in the kitchen!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MHorman
In random internet cafe in Bangkok atm, uploading pics which is being slow so came on here to kill time...

I did notice the wifebeater you were wearing in the rain :lol:

crazyjoyce
Fastbikes

Photobucket's being a dick and won't let me upload a few photos.

Anyway, said star letter! Hopefully, you should be able to see it.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=10150222892031765&set=a.432321831764.235534.704741764&type=1&theater

Courtesy of a wiggle

The SV now looks a bit more complete :biggrin: I think it's much better looking with the lower fairings on as well. I now just want a different exhaust!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=10150225199306765&set=a.432321831764.235534.704741764&type=1&theater

'Wiggles is stuck in Wales at the moment after breaking her clutch lever which means she can't start the engine. She might be getting recovered home or she might have to wait until M&P have got a spare one in for her.
Reply 382
Original post by LandyJon

'Wiggles is stuck in Wales at the moment after breaking her clutch lever which means she can't start the engine. She might be getting recovered home or she might have to wait until M&P have got a spare one in for her.

I miss her :sad:
I saw a green ninja today, I cleaned it but didn't put it on Ebay.. I don't know when I'll sell it..
Ready to take the plunge into the world of motorbikes! I've wanted to learn for years, but I've finally taken the plunge and booked a lesson with a riding school.
Weird feeling of excitement and nervousness :redface:
:hi:

back from sonisphere (again) :w00t:

:headbang:

now to find new insurance, as my old one expired while away :frown:
Reply 386
Original post by crazyjoyce
no claims is tied up on the cbf policy which expires at the beginning of august by which time i will have done my rospa test meaning cheap insurance!

Ah ok that makes sense.

My mother took 600 pics from the track day... its gonna take a while to go through them

The SV now looks a bit more complete :biggrin: I think it's much better looking with the lower fairings on as well. I now just want a different exhaust!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=10150225199306765&set=a.432321831764.235534.704741764&type=1&theater

I'm ba-ack. 30 mile cycle to get the lever, 2 different shops and 10miles up the mountain, got her working, 5 hours back to my parents via several people, then back to mine, and pet is on the phone asking for the pics.

Original post by Juno
I miss her :sad:

I'm back! I missed you too. Although i'm amazed landy survived meeting my family.
:awesome:
Original post by Boristhethird
:hi:

now to find new insurance, as my old one expired while away :frown:

Bonjourno.

I've got to get mine renewed at the end of next month. I've added my Mum to quotes and she's dropped it by £100 or so. Got a friend who said I can add them as well seeing as they've got nearly 5 years experience; that should hopefully drop it a bit more. Cheapest I've got so far is £299 for the SV with 2 years NCB and 1 named rider.

Original post by Bathwiggle
I'm ba-ack. 30 mile cycle to get the lever, 2 different shops and 10miles up the mountain, got her working, 5 hours back to my parents via several people, then back to mine, and pet is on the phone asking for the pics.

Although i'm amazed landy survived meeting my family.

Hello :awesome:

Your family's fine. I like Julian and your sister's ginger rat of a dog's alright :lol: Bless Patch though; lovely dog. I'd quite happily take him home. I can't say enough but thank you for letting me come up with you.

Transformers was AWESOME!
(edited 12 years ago)
Ah ok that makes sense.

My mother took 600 pics from the track day... its gonna take a while to go through them

eagerly awaiting the obligatory knee down picture :tongue:
Reply 389
Original post by crazyjoyce
eagerly awaiting the obligatory knee down picture :tongue:

It didn't get that close :biggrin:

Mummy was ust taking pics when she could get near the track, so a lot on straights, and i didn't take hte right lens for her to get the zoom.
Reply 390
Theory test at 6pm :crossedf:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 391

Your family's fine. I like Julian and your sister's ginger rat of a dog's alright :lol: Bless Patch though; lovely dog. I'd quite happily take him home. I can't say enough but thank you for letting me come up with you.

Transformers was AWESOME!

Well you can't have him

fav pic from wales

From the A4069 through the black mountains, its a lovely wiggly road, with a hair pins or two, and the tarmac is so smooth.

Rob also commented that i don't move in my seat when going round the bends, the bike just leans more, i still have smaller strips than him, despite him hanging off like a loon. :biggrin:

track day - as i said it was wet, the maxxis haven't survived this holiday, so need new tyres again, but having said that, they didn't slip on hte track with all hte standing water. So the bike once again needs a full service, and carbs are so far out atm that she's not as fun to ride. Anyone want to do them for me as i'm going to be even more broke?
I'll edit in the track day pics when i get back.

Oh and one of my hamsters died while i was away.

Original post by R-KAM

good luck
(edited 12 years ago)
the best quote i can find is £311 (was £215 last year) with a £900 excess (was £500 last year) :frown:
any quote with a logical excess is >£400

humph
the best quote i can find is £311 (was £215 last year) with a £900 excess (was £500 last year) :frown:

humph

£900 excess!?
:eek:

humph

is that the best thebikeinsurer.com can do?!

what did you put down as an occupation etc
i played around a bit more, and now have insurance!
£316 TPFT, with £600 excess
Reply 396
Why is it so much? :zomg:
Original post by R-KAM

Good luck. Bit late for one isn't it? Don't think I've heard one done at that time before.

Well you can't have him

Rob also commented that i don't move in my seat when going round the bends, the bike just leans more, i still have smaller strips than him, despite him hanging off like a loon :biggrin:

Ahhh, it's alright. I'll just come up to visit again.

The road where that first picture was taken is fantastic! Mind you, I wouldn't mind going back to the place where I told you I'd build my house.

I can't believe how much lean you get whilst still being in line with the bike! Hanging off like a loon looks better though :lol:
Reply 398

Good luck. Bit late for one isn't it? Don't think I've heard one done at that time before.

Cheers :yy:

Latest time I could get yea, I work during the week and they had no Saturday slots left. So I've had to 'work' my lunch so I can leave early!
Reply 399

Ahhh, it's alright. I'll just come up to visit again.

The road where that first picture was taken is fantastic! Mind you, I wouldn't mind going back to the place where I told you I'd build my house.

I can't believe how much lean you get whilst still being in line with the bike! Hanging off like a loon looks better though :lol:

And its taken so you can nick it if you want, no one will really know the difference. Looks better, but i don't need to lean to get round the corners lower than you!

Latest

Trending

Trending