The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Boatmans Court UCLan

Hiya

I am starting at UCLan in september and I'm staying in Boatmans Court, I was just wondering what came with the flat e.g. like iron etc?

<3
Reply 1
I'm in Boatman's tooo :smile: Flat GB. May already know you if you're in the facebook group :') x
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey Im going to Boatman's too, heres some info that will help -

Room and Kitchen Equipment

Please note that your belongings will not be insured in the University accommodation and the Student Accommodation Service strongly recommends that you have adequate insurance for your belongings.

You will need to provide the following items;
Bedding including pillows.
Towels and Tea Towels
Hairdryer
Medical card
Plenty of passport photos
A small amount of crockery and cutlery, bottle openers, and can openers.
Pots and pans and basic utensils.
* Other small electrical items such as kettles, toasters, sandwich toaster, iron etc.

*Storage space is limited so be selective when packing. You may prefer to purchase electrical items with your new flat mates after you have arrived. This prevents each flat having numerous toasters, kettles etc in the kitchen.

I reckon it will only cost a fiver from each flatmate to buy most of these things on the cheap tbh..

Please leave items like these at home!
Fires and heaters of any description; chip pans, and deep fat fryers are not permitted
Candles are forbidden
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Hey check this out too, lots of info from students on fb group, although its last years (cant of changed much). Theres a list of things you should know...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105400532572

Apparently its the closest place to town centre 5 mins away, is 30 secs away from 4/5 chain stores, and close to a few pubs..

Not liking the sound of a weekly inspection of flats though, sounds abit draconian considering Im paying rent.... Not like its a boarding school or something...

And another thing worth knowing is apparently it costs £35 for a replacement fob.... Ouch.
I lived there last year and the boatman's court people didn't check the flats that often =/ I only remember them doing it at christmas and moving out. They may come in at other times but they didn't check the rooms then as far as i know
Reply 5
Original post by Sally <3 Howl
I lived there last year and the boatman's court people didn't check the flats that often =/ I only remember them doing it at christmas and moving out. They may come in at other times but they didn't check the rooms then as far as i know

Oh cool ok, what about the other info, is it pretty much right? What else would you say about boatmans court?

From the pics it looks quite nice, compared to some other halls Iv seen at other Unis anyway..
It all looks okay apart from the washing machines/dryers. They removed them from the flats the summer before I moved in so you don't have to pay the fee. There is a laundry on the ground floor, it's £2 to wash and £1 to dry. There are only 2 washers and 2 dryers but all the time I went they were empty :smile:

The bin store is in a courtyard in the middle of the building and there is a code to get back into the door. I got locked out there quite often since the door is a bit awkward to use so take someone with you if you can!
Reply 7
Ah cool thanks for the info, good to hear the washers are not overcrowded, so hopefully will be same story this year, was abit worried about that..

75 people to 2 washing machines is insane.
Reply 8
People moving in Boatmans in September- which flat??
Reply 9
ive just been offered a place at Boatmans and they're chargin me £3,906, whereas other people have been charged less!! does any1 no y??
Reply 10
Original post by Danielax
ive just been offered a place at Boatmans and they're chargin me £3,906, whereas other people have been charged less!! does any1 no y??

What price are people saying they have been charged? Im paying £3,906 myself? Do you mean people in other halls at UCLan?

Obviously Boatmans is en-suite.. If thats what you mean? It costs £93 per week and the contracts are 42 weeks long which works out exactly to £3,906?

Hey theres a facebook group for boatmans you should sign up on if possible - meet your flatmates etc.. What flat are you in?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/150976801636271?ap=1
Reply 11
Someone told me that some flats had double rooms, some single - Does anyone know which flats have double beds?
Original post by Dan88
Someone told me that some flats had double rooms, some single - Does anyone know which flats have double beds?

Hey I stayed there last year. I'm not sure specifically which flats/rooms have doubles. My flat last year (1B) had 3 single and 3 double. I think it's a bit random tbh? Probably won't find out until you get there what bed you have unless you find someone who lived in that flat before
Original post by Sally <3 Howl
Hey I stayed there last year. I'm not sure specifically which flats/rooms have doubles. My flat last year (1B) had 3 single and 3 double. I think it's a bit random tbh? Probably won't find out until you get there what bed you have unless you find someone who lived in that flat before

Hi, I am staying in this flat next year (1B), and was wondering if you could tell me which rooms had doubles and which rooms had singles?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending