The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leannieee
Anyone firmed Keele for sept 2012? Also anyone heard anything about the nhs bursary? Xxx

Oops the above comment was to you!! Xxx

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by Chickens_yeah
You're entitled to NHS bursary and a Student Loans Maintenance loan. Your tuition fees will be automatically covered so there's no need to apply for anything, and your application to the Student Loans Company actually won't let you apply for tuition fees when you've put your course in. (Little tip - when it says evidence of NHS bursary thing just select, "I can't provide anything." You don't need to, and SL know you can't. :wink:)

The NHS bursary will happen later; your firm university will send your details off to NHSBSA, who will get in contact with you later on via a letter. My university told me mid-June, so keep an eye out.

If you're entitled to the full amount for everything it should total to about £7,000 a year.

I've already completed the Student Loan application and signed my declaration, so if you're stuck on anything, Google it, or give me a PM, or just reply. :smile:

Hello :smile: hope you dont think im being rude but how much did you get for your student loan? I am well under the treshold yet they will only give me 2,500 max!? Xx

Reply 3262
Hi guys, don't know if any1 can help?

I went for a interview at ARU on we'd nd I noticed on Ma ucas track today that ARU deferred my start date to march But hasn't made any decision yet
Please do any of u know Wat sat means?
Tanx
Reply 3263
Original post by Lauren-Maree
Rejection from Edge Hill makes it 5...just applied to Anglia Ruskin through extra. DOes anyone know what happens in Extra...my college didnt make it very clear :/

Hiya
We're u invited for an interview? If yes when? Nd how did it go?
I will be at teeside university studying mental health nursing starting September. Whoop!

Would be great if a current student or someone knows what we will need to buy for the course before we start?

Thans
Original post by littlesocksx
Hello :smile: hope you dont think im being rude but how much did you get for your student loan? I am well under the treshold yet they will only give me 2,500 max!? Xx

I thought we all got a fixed maintenance loan of £2342 or something like that. Am I wrong??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3266
Anyone going to Hertfordshire? I'm doing child branch :smile:
Hi!!!!

anyone firmed Chester (Riverside Campus) for Sept 2012??
xx
Original post by Catherine:)
I thought we all got a fixed maintenance loan of £2342 or something like that. Am I wrong??

Nope it all depends on your the household income, no. of dependent children, where you live (i.e. in London or not), whether you live with your parents while studying and a whole load of other stuff D:
We all get a lovely £1000 bursary for the 1st year only but the maintenance loan varies - some people may get none if their household income is above the threshold.
Directgov states you can receive up to the following:

£1,000 grant from the NHS
£3,263 maintenance loan from Student Finance England
£5,460 bursary from the NHS
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3269
Original post by Ideeva
Hi guys, don't know if any1 can help?

I went for a interview at ARU on we'd nd I noticed on Ma ucas track today that ARU deferred my start date to march But hasn't made any decision yet
Please do any of u know Wat sat means?
Tanx

I got in guys.... Unconditional offer for Sept waiting list or March intake
Am glad
Tank God
Original post by joeyloeykins
Nope it all depends on your the household income, no. of dependent children, where you live (i.e. in London or not), whether you live with your parents while studying and a whole load of other stuff D:
We all get a lovely £1000 bursary for the 1st year only but the maintenance loan varies - some people may get none if their household income is above the threshold.

I didn't get the option to put my household income into student finance because I said it was an NHS course... Have you done yours?

Original post by joeyloeykins

Ive done mine and i should be getting max cos our household income ia low but all i can get is;
£ 1000 grant from nhs
£ 2400 from student finance
£ 3400 from nhs bursary
So really confused especially because of what it says on student finance website x

Original post by littlesocksx
Ive done mine and i should be getting max cos our household income ia low but all i can get is;
£ 1000 grant from nhs
£ 2400 from student finance
£ 3400 from nhs bursary
So really confused especially because of what it says on student finance website x

Yeah I think student finance maintenance loan is fixed because we all get the same. Have you done your NHS bursary application? I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Reply 3273
Pls do u guys know any thin about childcare help Frm bursary?

Tanx
Yeah I think student finance maintenance loan is fixed because we all get the same. Have you done your NHS bursary application? I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Yeah ive done my bursary. I didnt wait for them to contact me i did it myself online and i just created my username and stuff and my bursary is all done now. I had to send of evidence for it though. I can send you the link later if you want? X

Hey anyone who is reapplying for next year i have started a new thread
Reply 3276
Do u put basic wage or include overtime !!! When applying for bursary
Reply 3277
Hi guys
How excited r U 2 start ur Nursing career, I am to hapy
Do U guys knw if they ll be giving us a stetoskop and nurse fob watch wth iur uniforms....
Just saw a pink nurse fob watch on Amazon.. So prett

For those dat didn't get in yet, don't get discourage, there's still clearing and jan or feb or march or may intake 2owr

I was rejected by all d universities 7yrs ago nd now am back 2 purse ma dream....
All d best every1

Hey

You are right everyone on an NHS funded course gets £2342 a year maintenance. The Directgov website is wrong if you read through all the documents with NHS Bursary ect it explains that the maintenance loan is set because all NHS funded students don't put their parental income/income in for the loan.

Like others have said the NHS Bursary varies but the grant is automatically £1000.

I was confused about it all so spent ages looking into it.

I don't know how much NHS bursary I'm going to get but my mum doesn't financially support me in anyway but I'm still classed as dependent even though I will be living away from the parental home permanently as of September.

Hey ho - that's life :smile:

If you are still struggling understanding how the finance works - ring your university or look on the NHS bursary website. :smile:
Reply 3279
Hey
Anyone starting Bangor Uni in Sept to do children's nursing? And has anyone had any info of the start date , reading list etc? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending