The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Additional Science B6C6P6 Post-exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by gandhi1
Do you guys thing this was harder than last years paper (June 2010)

a fraction harder yes, but im guessing boundaries will be roughly the same if not lower :smile:. What did you think?
Reply 121
Original post by jump123
a fraction harder yes, but im guessing boundaries will be roughly the same if not lower :smile:. What did you think?

LOWER by atleast 1 or 2 marks.
Reply 122
Yh i think they would be about 30marks to get A* some people actually did the question that was wrong so i guess they might need to compensate for that cuz ppl might have wasted time on that.
Reply 123
Original post by gandhi1
Yh i think they would be about 30marks to get A* some people actually did the question that was wrong so i guess they might need to compensate for that cuz ppl might have wasted time on that.

Wasn't everyone told before their exam started? I was.
Reply 124
Original post by Satta101
Wasn't everyone told before their exam started? I was.

Im not sure some one in this post said they spent 5 minutes on that question, maybe they weren't told.
Reply 125
Not everyone was told apparently :s-smilie:
My son had the exam stopped half way through to tell them.
Original post by gandhi1
Do you guys thing this was harder than last years paper (June 2010)

Um yeah it was just a bit harder... I know I made a few silly mistakes in this paper so I hope the boundaries are lower than usual lol :smile:
is anyone gonna post any answers? i wanna see what i got xD
Reply 129
Original post by PeaceLoveKindness
is anyone gonna post any answers? i wanna see what i got xD

I doubt it lol. I would have liked that too :tongue: results day is just round the corner though!
I didn't do this exam but the people who did it in my year didn't get told about the dodgy answer until the exam was finished... looks like the OCR boffins have screwed up big time! :rolleyes:
We was not told about the dodgy answer but I knew something was up with it ¬_¬ And what did you guys put for the one about what all EM waves have in common under certain conditions?
Original post by SchoolNerd
We was not told about the dodgy answer but I knew something was up with it ¬_¬ And what did you guys put for the one about what all EM waves have in common under certain conditions?

I wrote they all travelled at the speed of light (3x10^8 m/s) in a vacuum. What did you write?
Original post by jump123
Not everyone was told apparently :s-smilie:

our school werent told and i spent about 10 minutes trying to get my head around the question then i just guessed eek :/
I thought the exam was reaaally easy... XD
I think the only questions I had to 'guess' at was the EM spectrum question about the property they have in common (I put they're all transverse and all travel through a vacuum), the question about the reflected rays to the microphone (I drew straight lines bouncing off but smaller) and the ticky box question about why did the microphone not pick up much sound (I ticked the one that had something to do with one wave journey not being in step with the other).

Other than that it was very straight forward...
The first question was a joke. Foundation level! XDD

And half of the ticky box/choose the answer for the blank questions were so stupid as there was only 1 answer it could possibly be as the others didn't even have anything to do with anything! XD

Was question 9b ii) wrong because the X wasn't on the line?
Reply 135
Original post by sazberryftw
I think the only questions I had to 'guess' at was the EM spectrum question about the property they have in common (I put they're all transverse and all travel through a vacuum), the question about the reflected rays to the microphone (I drew straight lines bouncing off but smaller) and the ticky box question about why did the microphone not pick up much sound (I ticked the one that had something to do with one wave journey not being in step with the other).

And half of the ticky box/choose the answer for the blank questions were so stupid as there was only 1 answer it could possibly be as the others didn't even have anything to do with anything! XD

Um i think the tick boxes choices they gave us was wrong or what u said the x wasn't on any line.

What did u put for the question was is it about a bad idea to measure the amount of acid using pH? (something like that)
Reply 136
Original post by sazberryftw

Yeah, to me the X looked like it was floating, so not actually marking a point so maybe this would've caused confusion?
Original post by Ears
Hmm, I can't really remember the options :frown: I think it was quite straightforward.

This threw me a bit:
The response has X to the stimulus. I said it has no direct connection but this could have been debatable. They didn't say whether they meant the primary stimulus or secondary one. It would have no direct connection to the secondary stimulus but the response (salivating) does have a direct connection to the primary stimulus.

So yeah. If you know what I mean?

OMG That was what I was thinking: I put true for that one, but the primary stimulus was the food and I thought that the response (salivating) DID have a connection with it :frown:
Reply 138
Original post by Adamtemps1
OMG That was what I was thinking: I put true for that one, but the primary stimulus was the food and I thought that the response (salivating) DID have a connection with it :frown:

See, someone did share my confusion.
They should have stated whether they meant primary or secondary otherwise it's down to interpretation!
Reply 139
Original post by Satta101
Yeah, to me the X looked like it was floating, so not actually marking a point so maybe this would've caused confusion?

it said point X in the question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending