The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Tattoo Thread

Scroll to see replies

I have too many tattoo ideas and not enough money. *sob* I'm going to get myself a tattoo when I get into university and leave the house.
In the meantime, I'm going to get more piercings and plan my future tattoos properly. My only fear is that I'm generally really fickle and though I've been set on a tattoo for the past 5 years, my ideas have kept changing and I'm scared I'll get one and love it for a month and then I'll get annoyed and wish I'd got something else. But hey, I have a lot of skin. It just amazes me that tattoo artists can create proper art on skin! But you know what annoys me? When celebrities with all the money in the world go to **** tattoo artists. But haha, I'll shut up! I'm thrilled to find this thread.
I've never understood why celebrities and footballers get crappy tattoos either! If I had that kind of money, I'd be a collector extraordinaire :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 422
i was thinking of getting my first tattoo, i wanted some combination of the great britain, denmark, ghana and jamaican flags, as I am a quarter of each of those nationalities, was thinking maybe like a flag that was a quarter of each, but i need some ideas to make it better, was thinking of getting it on my upper back,

will a tattoo place charge if i ask them to draw some ideas up? i dont think ill be able to decide if i want it unless i see it properly drawn
Reply 423
Original post by jbarnor
i was thinking of getting my first tattoo, i wanted some combination of the great britain, denmark, ghana and jamaican flags, as I am a quarter of each of those nationalities, was thinking maybe like a flag that was a quarter of each, but i need some ideas to make it better, was thinking of getting it on my upper back,

will a tattoo place charge if i ask them to draw some ideas up? i dont think ill be able to decide if i want it unless i see it properly drawn

That sounds interesting. They shouldn't charge you just for drawings.
Reply 424
cheers I went in today and they are going to draw something up for me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fiiiinally went and got my butterfly redone and extended :smile: Tattoo artist decided he wanted to add new things halfway through the session though meaning there wasn't enough time to finish it off...so, I have a half coloured tattoo for a couple weeks. That being said, i'm incredibly happy with it, I'll attempt to post pictures when it's fully healed and finished xD
Reply 426
I'm booking in for a quote tattoo but I have no idea where to get it done. I'm toying with idea of getting it done on my upper arm, like just above my elbow on the inside. Like this is where I do really want it, but I think I would be better off getting something somewhere more discrete, but I have no idea where?

Also when you go for a quote tattoo, I want it in like a handwriting type font thing, so is it best to go in with an image? So new to this whole thing hahaaa
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by crowsy
I'm booking in for a quote tattoo but I have no idea where to get it done. I'm toying with idea of getting it done on my upper arm, like just above my elbow on the inside. Like this is where I do really want it, but I think I would be better off getting something somewhere more discrete, but I have no idea where?

Also when you go for a quote tattoo, I want it in like a handwriting type font thing, so is it best to go in with an image? So new to this whole thing hahaaa

For placing, thats just a matter of thinking different options through, I wanted all of mine discrete since I'm young, and want to be able to hide them if I need to, so mine are on my back and foot at the minute. I know at least two people with upper arm tattoos, and I hardly ever see the tattoos.

Tattooists usually have books of tattoo ideas, at least, every one I've ever been too has, and they'll definitely have 3million different fonts, you just look through and pick one and they'll draw it up. If you have an image of the font you def want, take an image, it always helps!
Just booked my next tattoo, Feb 9th I'm having my baseball meteor :h:
Original post by Shomberlon
Started on my 3/4 sleeve last weekend

Posted from TSR Mobilek

Looks fab so far :smile:
Reply 431

Posted from TSR Mobilek

Looks really good!

Posted from TSR Mobilek

My next sitting in April/May will be the outline of a lotus leaf on my tricep, cherry blossom petals at the bottom and then water to end at the 3/4 stage along with colour to the flowers and some shading.
The final sitting in August will just finish things off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobilek

Posted from TSR Mobilek

Looks good! Make sure you post the finished product too :smile:
Original post by WhyteBoar
Looks good! Make sure you post the finished product too :smile:

Ill keep you posted on the next session and the final one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobilek
New tat is done :awesome: I'll update with better pics once it's all healed, this was a couple of hours afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobilek

Looks incredible!
Original post by madders94
Looks incredible!

Thanks, cannot wait till its finally finished in August. It still needs about 8 hours till its done

Posted from TSR Mobilek
Hi, I rushed into getting this tattoo when i was younger and am now slightly regretting not putting more thought into it..
I was wondering if it would be possible to put anything over the top of it?? Or any advice would be appreciated really.
Thanks in advance!

DSC00362.jpg
Original post by Off_My_Planet
Hi, I rushed into getting this tattoo when i was younger and am now slightly regretting not putting more thought into it..
I was wondering if it would be possible to put anything over the top of it?? Or any advice would be appreciated really.
Thanks in advance!

DSC00362.jpg

Where is it located? It should easily be able to cover it up, just remember that darker ink will need to go over it. Do you have any idea what you want over it

Posted from TSR Mobilek

Quick Reply

Latest