The Student Room Group

Roomate disagreement, am I in the wrong?

So a couple of days ago I was having a farewell drink with the lads (6 of us, including me) I'll be living with next year (for uni) and one of them casually said "Oh my boyfriend is transferring to this uni next year" as if this was no big deal.

Everyone was shocked because he's very beefy and ruggid and not camp or effeminate at all. I'm not homophobic but I'm just not comfortable living with one with their boyfriend coming round and all that.

I raised this issue with him and he got all pissed off, called me a homophobe and said he doesn't want to live with me anyway AND 2 of my other mates are threatening to walk out in sympathy :eek:

Am I really in the wrong here, I'm not being homophobic cos I still want us to be friends and 2 of the lads are backing me up
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tough, you're gonna have to be a bit more open minded and tolerant. I think after you meet his bf you will realize that he's only human after all so you may drop any prejudices you had.
Reply 2
Im surprised you understood what he said because that sentence barely seems to make sense.

Oh and grow up, youre being homophobic.
Silly trivial thing. Kiss and make up.

Pardon the err pun?

:borat:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Believing that your roommate's partner having a penis instead of a vagina is going to have an incidence on your life is being homophobic.
Reply 5
Its because Jeff is a lesbian.
Reply 6
I have no idea how anyone who's been here longer than 5 minutes falls for these threads.
Reply 7
so do you think he is biding his time and waiting until you are living together before he and his boyfriend attempt to rape you?
Reply 8
You've got a hard one there.

Just don't tell your housemate that.
Original post by Irving :)
So a couple of days ago I was having a farewell drink with the lads (6 of us, including me) I'll be living with next year (for uni) and one of them casually said "Oh my boyfriend is transferring to this uni next year" as if this was no big deal.

Everyone was shocked because he's very beefy and ruggid and not camp or effeminate at all. I'm not homophobic but I'm just not comfortable living with one with their boyfriend coming round and all that.

I raised this issue with him and he got all pissed off, called me a homophobe and said he doesn't want to live with me anyway AND 2 of my other mates are threatening to walk out in sympathy :eek:

Am I really in the wrong here, I'm not being homophobic cos I still want us to be friends and 2 of the lads are backing me up

you don't have to like it, it isn't homophobic to personally dislike something.

do you ever bring girls round to the house? if so, you have'nt got any basis to stop him bringing a boyfriend round.
A spit roast to make up?
Reply 11
You will be slaughtered by the liberals on this forum.

The only way you won't be called homophobic is if you want two cocks rubbing together in your face.

Personally I don't want to see two guys getting off... but then again I don't really want to see any couple getting off around me. BUT OMG HOMOPHOBIA IS HERE!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Despite this thread being obvious trolling, you should learn to be more tolerant. Homophobia is a bad thing, even if you can't always rub two sticks together to generate sparks.
Reply 13
Mate, you're clearly starting threads just to make people annoyed. That's a really super duper way to spend your time! I bet you have cloads of friends.
Reply 14
Original post by Liblover
Mate, you're clearly starting threads just to make people annoyed. That's a really super duper way to spend your time! I bet you have cloads of friends.

Who doesn't have cloads of friends?
let me get this straight...

he was walking around naked with an erection and 'accidentally fell on top of your naked bum?
Reply 16
You could end up really liking this guy, relationship orientation shouldn't matter, you haven't given him a chance.
Reply 17
Original post by Liblover

Haha idiot
Reply 18
Original post by Irving :)
Haha idiot

An accidental c doesn't make an idiot :smile: Someone who scours the internet looking for attention, possibly does.
Reply 19
Original post by Davezk
Who doesn't have cloads of friends?

I have cloads and cloads of friends ! ;-)

DOH.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending