The Student Room Group

Friend with benefits told me "he adored me"

...He liked me a lot and I was very special to him.

We were both sober, we were with a friend at a bar...she'd just gone to the toilet, he seemed sincere in the way he said it.

I wonder if he is trying to point out that he would like more between us than just sex. Or maybe he was just saying it?

What do you think? This stuff does happen where people fall for their **** buddy....or do you think Im reading too much into it?

Scroll to see replies

Who, other than Will from 'The Inbetweeners', tells a girl that they "adore" them?
Definitely don't do anything rash, just see how it goes on for now, if there are more obvious signs to come then he's definitely thinking about being more than **** buddies.

However if you don't feel the same way at all you should break it off gracefully, there's always trouble when the feelings aren't mutual as anyone on here will tell you.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
...He liked me a lot and I was very special to him.

We were both sober, we were with a friend at a bar...she'd just gone to the toilet, he seemed sincere in the way he said it.

I wonder if he is trying to point out that he would like more between us than just sex. Or maybe he was just saying it?

What do you think? This stuff does happen where people fall for their **** buddy....or do you think Im reading too much into it?

I think he's probably genuine. Friends with benefits is always a dangerous game to play because someone will end up getting hurt. In this case, it may well be him. It always ends in someone becoming emotionally attached. The best thing you can do is ask him.
Reply 4
talk to him find out wot he really means by it... ifhe says it again then mayb the phrase, 'friends with benefits', needs 2 b rethinked between u guys.
Could just mean it in a FB way or could mean something more - hard to tell.

Watch out for any more signs and don't do anything rash.
Reply 6
Original post by ChrisDRFC
Who, other than Will from 'The Inbetweeners', tells a girl that they "adore" them?

:rofl: :mmm:

I know rignt, if Im honest....I know he likes me, but I was surprised/shocked when he said that...I nearly spat my drink out lol.

Not because Im dismayed, I can see me liking him. But he was just so frank about it...I didnt expect it I guess!
Reply 7
Yep. **** buddies always turns out with one of them liking the other romantically and it ****s it up :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Original post by SugarPuffs
Yep. **** buddies always turns out with one of them liking the other romantically and it ****s it up :rolleyes:

Tbh, I do like him too. Im just a bit more closed with my emotions and have learnt, that for me, jumping head first into a relationship has caused me a lot of heartache.

So I thought friends with benefits was a good way to have fun, not get too heavy ....and hopefully not painful like my last break up was, as the guy really did treat me like utter ****.

So whilst I dont have a problem with this...and if the suggestion were to come up I would definitely consider "giving it a go" so to speak. Its just our dynamic is pretty good, in that we have fun...dont get jealous of one another going out, or going on holiday with the lads/girls. In essence I dont want to ruin what we have in case the r'ship doesnt work out....however maybe the current situation wont work anyway, because feelings have changed...

...:hmmm:
Reply 9
I didnt mean to type :hmmm: at the end of that post...i meant :hmmmm: lol

:h:
Everyone's got a **** buddy except me, it seems. :-(
Original post by Anonymous
Tbh, I do like him too. Im just a bit more closed with my emotions and have learnt, that for me, jumping head first into a relationship has caused me a lot of heartache.

So I thought friends with benefits was a good way to have fun, not get too heavy ....and hopefully not painful like my last break up was, as the guy really did treat me like utter ****.

So whilst I dont have a problem with this...and if the suggestion were to come up I would definitely consider "giving it a go" so to speak. Its just our dynamic is pretty good, in that we have fun...dont get jealous of one another going out, or going on holiday with the lads/girls. In essence I dont want to ruin what we have in case the r'ship doesnt work out....however maybe the current situation wont work anyway, because feelings have changed...

...:hmmm:

It is a good way to have fun and 'blow off steam' since you're having sex with a friend and not taking onboard all the emotional baggage which comes with a relationship.

Sounds like a healthy friends with benefits for now, but if he continues to say stuff like this to you, maybe... say something about it to him; ask him if he wants more than just sex with you or if hes okay with just sex.

Depends how intimate you both are together I guess, as well as history, previous relationships etc

:h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
In my opinion, the whole idea of **** buddies is so childish. Have sex at night and then ignore each other during the day.

Relationships are way better and can actually be more fun too.
Original post by EvenStevens

i dont have one but i would like one.
Original post by christykai1049

Original post by EvenStevens

You poor people :awesome:

Just make friends with someone of the opposite sex, and if they seem interested, put 'friends with benefits' on the table :wink:
Reply 15
I have no idea why my instant reaction to seeing this thread title was that your FB was, instead, a friend living on the dole. :lolwut:
Reply 16
Original post by Davezk
In my opinion, the whole idea of **** buddies is so childish. Have sex at night and then ignore each other during the day.

Relationships are way better and can actually be more fun too.

Its not childish, its a choice.

When having had a couple of relationships and you've been walked all over, cheated on and ****ed over... you just want some fun.

And we dont "ignore" each other during the day. We text each other 8 or 9 times a day. We dont work in the same city thats why I say text or call as opposed to see.

Tbh the more i think about it, the more this has evolved into a relationship than **** buddies. :hmmmm:
Original post by christykai1049

Strong hints of troll
Reply 18
He texted me a couple of times this morning...I didnt reply as I was in an assesment.

I replied but he has been a little quiet this afternoon. I wonder if he regrets saying that last night. lol
Reply 19
hmmm...any other thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending