The Student Room Group

Friend with benefits told me "he adored me"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
He probably said it in order to carry this whole arrangement on as it makes him seem like he is into you.
Just a thought of course.
Reply 21
We cannot know - the only way to read it is how he said it, if we sounded genuine and so on. And we don't know him and weren't there. So your options are
- He genuinely likes you more than f-buddies.
- He didn't mean anything by it
- He believes girls always attach first, and to keep this thing going, he believes you need some signs that he likes you (which makes him a bit of a dick if he intend to string you along)

I have had guys attach first, it all depends on their situation, whether they are seeing other girls or not, how you play the entire game etc. What do you want? If you don't want to ask, don't ask, but just say to make sure, "this is just a bit of fun, right?" or maybe make it clear that you are seeing other guys.
Original post by Anonymous
...He liked me a lot and I was very special to him.

We were both sober, we were with a friend at a bar...she'd just gone to the toilet, he seemed sincere in the way he said it.

I wonder if he is trying to point out that he would like more between us than just sex. Or maybe he was just saying it?

What do you think? This stuff does happen where people fall for their **** buddy....or do you think Im reading too much into it?

he obviously has fallen for you, and wants more than sex. its obvious
Some people say they adore their friends. It may well mean you mean a lot to him but I'd really try not to look too deeply into it. You might end up disappointed and resenting him for it.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Strong hints of troll

whats a troll?
Original post by SugarPuffs
You poor people :awesome:

Just make friends with someone of the opposite sex, and if they seem interested, put 'friends with benefits' on the table :wink:

i already have a few friends of the opposite sex but i dont want to sleep with them.
Original post by christykai1049
whats a troll?

The kind that eats little TSR'ians for breakkies and is wizarded away by the likes of moi.
Reply 27
He is starting to have feelings for you, for want of a less wishy-washy phrase.

You are definitely not reading into it, chaps don't tend to throw that sort of phrase around.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
The kind that eats little TSR'ians for breakkies and is wizarded away by the likes of moi.

that sounds...nice. thanks for explaining.
Reply 29
Ok so since that, he has been quiet....great lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending