The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zweihander

Mid September. Fast-track event for people with spring weeks/banking experience.

Did you tell them you had a summer 2012 offer?
Original post by che12345
For RBS, how many words did people write for each competency question?

i wrote cca 130... what about you?
Reply 182
Mid September. Fast-track event for people with spring weeks/banking experience.

At JPM, people with 2011 Spring Week experience were interviewed about a month ago for the 2012 summer internship
Reply 183
Original post by AlexejKir
i wrote cca 130... what about you?

ah cool. I've done about 200 per question but a lot of it is waffle.
Reply 184
Original post by The_Don_123
Surely you answered yourself?

I think 2nd on a 4 year course should apply for Spring Weeks, not 100% sure though.

Yes, it's just that some banks offer summer internships for 2nd year students as well, that's why I was asking. Thanks for your answer anyway :smile:
Original post by che12345
ah cool. I've done about 200 per question but a lot of it is waffle.

i hate those questions, especially the one "Why do you believe RBS is the Right Place for you?"

ergh... and its gonna be the same with app to UBS
Does anyone know if both UBS & Deutsche take on final year students? (doing my MSc)
Original post by AyonFazal
Oh wow. I did my spring week at BAML. I doubt I'm gonna get something similar though. And also I return to London 21st September. oh well.

Did you do your SW at UBS?

No.

Original post by Aliocha
At JPM, people with 2011 Spring Week experience were interviewed about a month ago for the 2012 summer internship

That was for people who did the JPM spring week. The UBS fast-track event next month is for interns from other banks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 188
No.

That was for people who did the JPM spring week. The UBS fast-track event next month is for interns from other banks.

My mistake, I did not get it that way, they are trying to steal spring week interns from other banks :colone:
No.

haha SWs give you just enough experience which comes from a couple of campus presentations. i wonder what sets SW people apart that they need to be fast tracked :/

I dont think SWs do a very good job in terms of skill building. If anything, you just meet lots of bankers and get to know a bit more about the 'work' (mergersandinquisitions.com).
Anyone know if Lazard do tests? Doing their comp q's now.
Reply 191
Original post by lilpenguin
Anyone know if Lazard do tests? Doing their comp q's now.

Yeah, really classic tests, Numerical + verbal :wink:
Yes they do a numerical SHL test which is not bad but IMO their pass-mark is insanely high. I'm talking 16 - 17/18 in 25 mins.
how does it work with the test?
Are you given you specific times/dates, when you have to take them or time frames, e.g. any time/date within next 4 weeks?
Within 3 days of submission if i recollect.
Original post by Hampstead_K
Does anyone know if both UBS & Deutsche take on final year students? (doing my MSc)

UBS do, but you won't start on the grad programme till Summer 2013.
Thanks, sent you a PM too
Original post by Aliocha
Yeah, really classic tests, Numerical + verbal :wink:

Thank you! Just completed the numberical, got invite to the verbal....I hate verbals! I'm going to eat honey-loops before I start this..not confident @ all.
Original post by lilpenguin
Thank you! Just completed the numberical, got invite to the verbal....I hate verbals! I'm going to eat honey-loops before I start this..not confident @ all.

Is this for BarCap, RBS, CS or UBS? Which division?
Reply 199
What are the BarCap and UBS tests like? Same questions as for spring weeks last year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending