The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

How cool is it that Morgan Stanley allows you to make more than one application?! Equity research here I go loll
Reply 1981
How is everyone predicting themselves for degree classifications? Are you saying First Class when there is still a good chance you may end up with a 2.1?
Is it only me or can you not check on your application status with MS? I can't even view my application, it's under 'Drafts' even though I've submitted it & done the tests.
Reply 1983
Original post by lilpenguin
Is it only me or can you not check on your application status with MS? I can't even view my application, it's under 'Drafts' even though I've submitted it & done the tests.

Yeah, I can't see mine as well.
Reply 1984
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but is it easier to secure internships in being an analyst in operations division than a sales internship in the markets division?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mrman90
Yeah, I can't see mine as well.

This.
Reply 1986
Original post by ml90
I'm thinking the same. The description for my 'first round interview' is three 30 minute interviews and a 20 min numerical reasoning test!

Which division? The email I got only talks about an AC with what there will be, nothing about a first round interview which is the generic thing what I get when I log on. Which one should I trust?
Reply 1987
Is anyone from Warwick uni invited to the speed networking event for BNPP?
Reply 1988
Has anyone had a phone interview with BarCap yet? If so, did they ask any technical questions, or was it 100% competency based?

Thanks!
Original post by AyonFazal
How cool is it that Morgan Stanley allows you to make more than one application?! Equity research here I go loll

Ha yeah, I did MS tests for S&T, probably did **** and now have been invited the research ones. Is it even worth it though since my apps were S&T based. Might as well I guess..
Original post by bluenose53
Ha yeah, I did MS tests for S&T, probably did **** and now have been invited the research ones. Is it even worth it though since my apps were S&T based. Might as well I guess..

does anyone know which tests you have to do for equity research?
Reply 1991
How long does it take for a HSBC rejection to come through, I assume no new is better than a rejection? :s-smilie:
Reply 1992
Original post by Louuu_xx
How long does it take for a HSBC rejection to come through, I assume no new is better than a rejection? :s-smilie:

Did you do the numerical test?
Reply 1993
Original post by Reezy
Did you do the numerical test?

Not yet. Submitted 5 days ago and "under consideration"
Can anyone tell me what format DB tests are?
Original post by thesameusername
Can anyone tell me what format DB tests are?

Kenexa
Reply 1996
Original post by swatson12
does anyone know which tests you have to do for equity research?

numerical and verbal
Reply 1997
Do you guys know whether J.P.Morgan IBD asks you to do numerical straight away once you have submitted your application? Or do they review it and then send you the invitation?
Original post by lady9957
Do you guys know whether J.P.Morgan IBD asks you to do numerical straight away once you have submitted your application? Or do they review it and then send you the invitation?

It took a few days for me to get mine, so they may pre-screen. I never got sent an email though so you just need to keep checking online.
Reply 1999
Original post by Frenchous
BNP are actually harder to get in than I thought. I know someone with GS IBD spring week / BB summer internship last summer / fluent in 4 languages who got rejected without interviews for IBD this summer.

That is pretty impressive, but doesn't it get to the point where HR turn round and say; "look this bloke has done a spring week with GS, he has already done a summer internship with another BB, this is saying to me he didn't have the potential to convert these into full time offers, why does he keep jumping around?" Also maybe they want people who are untainted and they can model into what they want. I guess I am overthinking things, HR probably dont think like that (I can't imagine they think at all).

Just had to catch up with 25 pages of this thread lol, have been busy. AC with EY, AC with Accenture and got an email the other day from a woman at Glencore asking about availability.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending