The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by SalesTrader
Where is the best place to get info on the Boutiques?

google :rolleyes:
Anyone got an invite to an evening with Lazard? I took the tests yesterday morning and got invited for this. I reckon they didn't have time to screen my application in the meantime. So is this event for everyone who applied early?
Does some one have the email / contact number of someone in CS HR for recruiting...

I really need to speak to the ASAP and would really appreciate this, you could PM me that would be brilliant, anyone within recruiting because the people emailing me don't come up on the system according to London HR.

Thanks
Reply 383
I really enjoyed taking the UBS logical test, hope it will strenghten my poor application :smile:
Reply 384
Original post by Frenchous
Anyone got an invite to an evening with Lazard? I took the tests yesterday morning and got invited for this. I reckon they didn't have time to screen my application in the meantime. So is this event for everyone who applied early?

Hmm, what exactly is it? A networking event? Lazard have already sent out invites for first-round interviews AFAIK
Original post by n_251
Hmm, what exactly is it? A networking event? Lazard have already sent out invites for first-round interviews AFAIK

Yes it's a networking event essentially but in their e-mail they try to sell it as something exclusive "for a number of applicants who applied early".

In the email I received they say invitations for first-round will be sent on the second week of september. Maybe it's the second batch of interviews then?

Where did you get your info from?
Yes it's a networking event essentially but in their e-mail they try to sell it as something exclusive "for a number of applicants who applied early".

In the email I received they say invitations for first-round will be sent on the second week of september. Maybe it's the second batch of interviews then?

when is this event?

first round interview invites will be sent out 2nd week of September, as in from the 12th?
Original post by Zweihander
when is this event?

first round interview invites will be sent out 2nd week of September, as in from the 12th?

The event is on the 6th of september.

They didn't specify a date for the invitations/rejections. Just said second week of sept.
Reply 388

A friend who got an invite told me :wink:

There's a first-round AC on 6th September, then on the 26th :smile:
Is it just me or are the Lazard competency questions difficult?
Anyone know if Deutsche Bank offers Off-Cycle internships in CIB? I can't figure it out trough their websites, seems they only do summer internships. Thanks
Finance Summer Analyst Programme (Summer 2012) United Kingdom - Glasgow Finance Operations Summer Analyst 2012 United Kingdom - London ISG Operations Technology Summer Analyst Programme 2012 (London) United Kingdom - London Information Technology

Will MS add any more? 8|
Things just keep on getting worse for us :frown:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-sues-big-banks-over-mortgage-losses-2011-09-02?dist=afterbell%3Flink%3DMW-FB

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/09/02/fannie-mae-regulator-sues-the-world/

I don't know if this is old news for you guys, but this potentially is a hard kick in the nuts for all the bulge brackets, some of which are already facing losses. The job squeeze is gonna get so much tighter :/
Original post by n_251
A friend who got an invite told me :wink:

There's a first-round AC on 6th September, then on the 26th :smile:

AC on the 6th? Frenchous says this networking session for early applicants is on the 6th. Seems odd they would have an AC and this networking thing on the same day.
Reply 394
Original post by Zweihander
AC on the 6th? Frenchous says this networking session for early applicants is on the 6th. Seems odd they would have an AC and this networking thing on the same day.

Good point, there's definitely two first-round ACs in September though. I may have my dates mixed but there's certainly one single-digit date, and one date in the twenties.
So which places actually started interviewing?

- Barcap
- Lazard
- UBS

any other?
Reply 396
Did anyone get asked to take an inductive reasoning test after the BarCap numerical? I swear it was just numerical and then verbal for Spring weeks.
Reply 397
Original post by Krebs
Did anyone get asked to take an inductive reasoning test after the BarCap numerical? I swear it was just numerical and then verbal for Spring weeks.

What division did you apply for?

I would have preferred an inductive reasoning test to a verbal one.
Original post by Krebs

I had numerical followed by verbal for IBD. I'm guessing this applied to your division?
Reply 399
Original post by AyonFazal
Things just keep on getting worse for us :frown:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-sues-big-banks-over-mortgage-losses-2011-09-02?dist=afterbell%3Flink%3DMW-FB

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/09/02/fannie-mae-regulator-sues-the-world/

I don't know if this is old news for you guys, but this potentially is a hard kick in the nuts for all the bulge brackets, some of which are already facing losses. The job squeeze is gonna get so much tighter :/

Do you say this in at attempt to demotivate people so you can get offers left right and center? Let me be honest with you... If there is anyone on this forum who gets brainwashed by this and decides not to apply because of what you have said - they aren't cut out for investment banking anyway.

So unless you're genuinely trying to share the upset with the community; cut it out cause its not gonna work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending