The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Just failed Lazard's verbal... Damn the passmark must have been really high.

First rejection, many more to come hahaha
Reply 581
Can we make up a list on the process for the banks?

Nomura: Auto Numerical + Logical Kendexa
Lazard: Numerical + Verbal SHL
BarCap: Auto Numerical + Verbal SHL
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh assessment day date given. Ubs like to get things done quick. Hopefully will be seeing some of u nerds there
So when is it? end of September?
Anybody apply for Goldman Sachs IBD in Hong Kong or Dubai?
Reply 585
Original post by fgusman1992
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh assessment day date given. Ubs like to get things done quick. Hopefully will be seeing some of u nerds there

well done brah, what position.
Reply 586
Original post by eivoquraf
ACs started from the beinning of Sep. The first AC consisted of people who got invited from the fast-track event, and a few people who applied through the normal process. Offers were given the next day.

See above for details on the AC, PM for details re me :smile:

Do you know if they'll be holding more ACs as this month progresses or would they just wait until they've sorted out the graduates first?
Original post by LazardNYC
Can we make up a list on the process for the banks?

Nomura: Auto Numerical + Logical Kendexa
Lazard: Numerical + Verbal SHL
BarCap: Auto Numerical + Verbal SHL

Yeah can we please, which banks do checking tests or logically reasoning?
Reply 588
What do you mean by Auto Numerical?
Original post by ciembalo
What do you mean by Auto Numerical?

I assume that means the tests are sent to all applicants without pre-screening.
Original post by Zweihander
lolz good luck with that brah!

It's not a requirement to be a ****head all the time
Original post by che12345
Do you know if they'll be holding more ACs as this month progresses or would they just wait until they've sorted out the graduates first?

No idea, I'm not UBS HR!!
Reply 592
Guys which banks allow 3rd years to apply for internships? Also does those that do, does this mean they will expect you to start in 2012 also? Or do you still have to wait an extra year?
Reply 593
Original post by Mos Def
Guys which banks allow 3rd years to apply for internships? Also does those that do, does this mean they will expect you to start in 2012 also? Or do you still have to wait an extra year?

JPM and Citi for sure - they will expect you to start the following year
Reply 594
The 7 days deadline to complete UBS test has expired, because I was unable to sit it (browser error). I didn't know it only worked with older version of Mozilla

Do you guys think that if I call UBS recruitment they open again the test?
Reply 595
Original post by giovanta
The 7 days deadline to complete UBS test has expired, because I was unable to sit it (browser error). I didn't know it only worked with older version of Mozilla

Why didn't you call UBS Recruitment when you realised you had an error before the deadline expired? And, why didn't you bother using something like Internet Explorer instead? I'm pretty sure if you run the tests in an incompatible version of a browser, then it informs you and you simply close the window and start again in a different browser.

Feel free to call them but I wouldn't hold my breath if I'm brutally honest.
Reply 596
Original post by BulgeBracket
Anybody apply for Goldman Sachs IBD in Hong Kong or Dubai?

Are you fluent in Arabic? I seem to remember the UBS Dubai one saying something about that..
Reply 597
Original post by n_251
Why didn't you call UBS Recruitment when you realised you had an error before the deadline expired? And, why didn't you bother using something like Internet Explorer instead? I'm pretty sure if you run the tests in an incompatible version of a browser, then it informs you and you simply close the window and start again in a different browser.

Feel free to call them but I wouldn't hold my breath if I'm brutally honest.

I tried any browser I had (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla) without results.

I discovered I had to use the older version of Mozilla after the deadline had expired.
Reply 598
Damn, I failed the barcap numerical- does anyone have a rough idea as to what the pass mark is (out of 18)?
Original post by giovanta

Would have been an idea to call them at the first sign of an error tbh. Why did you wait so long?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending