The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
SP: On the first email I received, it said apps would be screened and they would get in touch with me. Then I was invited to a numerical test a couple of days later. Can't say for sure, which is annoying.

Twinkl: Says current status is I've completed numerical test. Nothing else as of yet.
Reply 981
Oh man. Failed a numerical test for sure. Not good. I do a maths based degree, practiced and found it ridiculously harder than all the ones I've done in the past. Eek.

So gutted.

Anywhere to practice them a bit more, sites please?
Original post by Louuu_xx
Oh man. Failed a numerical test for sure. Not good. I do a maths based degree, practiced and found it ridiculously harder than all the ones I've done in the past. Eek.

So gutted.

Anywhere to practice them a bit more, sites please?

which company, shl or psl or the one citi/rbs use, forgot the name?
Original post by Sweet_poison
Do JPM review the apps prior to the online testing stage?? Would that mean if you pass the tests, you definitely would get an interview?

think they review it to be sure its not a joke, and there are no certainties in this application procedure, including after having signed an offer.
Reply 984
Original post by Ludovic_88
which company, shl or psl or the one citi/rbs use, forgot the name?

BAML. psl I think.

I practiced using numericaltesthehelp. Definitely very different content to the test I just took.
JPM test done "Online numerical test complete" is the status. Got a BarCap rejection this morning (failed the numerical lol) :frown:
Reply 986
Original post by stevenjohnh
JPM test done "Online numerical test complete" is the status. Got a BarCap rejection this morning (failed the numerical lol) :frown:

I'm sorry :frown:

Is there a time limit to complete the BarCap test if you get invited? I may wait to submit if until I don't suck at numerical.

I SO Need to find a way to practice SHL on my mac. It doesn't like it even when I change to browser. Ahhhh.
Reply 987

You must have been borderline otherwise you would have been rejected instantly.
Original post by twinkl
You must have been borderline otherwise you would have been rejected instantly.

Borderline is failure in this industry I am afraid :P Thanks anyways tho. I was pretty happy with my JP test, my CS tests went perfectly and MS was okay. Citi still says mine is under review, but I have yet to do a numerical or even get invited to one. They must pre-read applications before numericals. Anyone know what format they are? SHL? (please say Kenexa!)

BarCap give you 5days for numerical and a further 5 for verbal (if you pass lolz).
Reply 989
Have JPM numerical as well.. anyone get any reply from boaml?
Reply 990
Have passed my Barcap test about a month ago but didn't get invited to the Insight Day, and it's still under review.. taking it that I got dinged!
Reply 991
Original post by twinkl
No it is not too late to apply.

Getting your application in by the end of this month should be fine.

UBS have started first round telephone interviews and assessment centres and Nomura have started inviting people to first round interviews. I believe Lazard have also started first round interview.

Goldman Sachs do not assess applications on a rolling basis so as long as you submit by the deadline you will be fine.

Some people are waiting for networking opportunities via company presentations, etc to gain an added advantage but I do not know whether this will top an early application or not.

Hope that helps and good luck! :biggrin:

cheers mate (Y)

You mean september ? Thats almost impossible
Haven't started except for lazard actually

I thought getting it in 10-15 days before the deadlines would be fine ! ah crap !!!

also, these deadlines , are they for the app submission or you gotta be done with their tests by that deadline too ?

Much appreciated
x
Reply 992
Anyone know what format they are? SHL? (please say Kenexa!)

Citi use a different numerical test than everyone else - It was kind of confusing because it was a different layout and you had to get the specific answer and select it from a list of ~100 answers. Messed mine up but haven't got rejected yet.
Original post by erebus-x
cheers mate (Y)

You mean september ? Thats almost impossible
Haven't started except for lazard actually

I thought getting it in 10-15 days before the deadlines would be fine ! ah crap !!!

also, these deadlines , are they for the app submission or you gotta be done with their tests by that deadline too ?

Much appreciated
x

Tbh, even mid october you should still be fine, especially with those that aren't rolling basis. Invite to interviews and phone interviews don't mean ****. Most people here will be having their very first serious interview so id expect alot of people to bomb their first and maybe second interviews so it doesn't mean everyone who had an invite will be accepted. just people being extremely keen to get their apps in. make sure your cv cl looks good, no mistakes before you rush off and start completing apps, but obviously don't take too long lol
Reply 994
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Invite to interviews and phone interviews don't mean ****.

Well.. they do, because it means you've got an interview. I don't see how can you devalue that.
Reply 995
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Tbh, even mid october you should still be fine, especially with those that aren't rolling basis. Invite to interviews and phone interviews don't mean ****. Most people here will be having their very first serious interview so id expect alot of people to bomb their first and maybe second interviews so it doesn't mean everyone who had an invite will be accepted. just people being extremely keen to get their apps in. make sure your cv cl looks good, no mistakes before you rush off and start completing apps, but obviously don't take too long lol

that does make sense. I'l try to finish em off by mid oct but i would really have to struggle. So what happens to those applicants who just send their apps couplo days before the deadline ? they don't count ?

what about apps with deadlines in jan or feb ? some tier 2 banks and boutiques have them then, when should i be done with their apps ?

Thnx alot mate (Y)
Reply 996
Original post by erebus-x
that does make sense. I'l try to finish em off by mid oct but i would really have to struggle. So what happens to those applicants who just send their apps couplo days before the deadline ? they don't count ?

what about apps with deadlines in jan or feb ? some tier 2 banks and boutiques have them then, when should i be done with their apps ?

Thnx alot mate (Y)

If you get an interview, do you want me to hold your hand?

Come on mate, think about it.. Get them in sooner than later.
Reply 997
Original post by uni-mon
If you get an interview, do you want me to hold your hand?

Come on mate, think about it.. Get them in sooner than later.

just asking mate,
of course I'l try my best
In terms of timing play it smart.

Look through last year's thread and look at when people had phone interviews, ACs and offers.

You should all have applied to UBS by now, and UBS will already have given out some offers - I know they had an AC this week for S&T.

Next on your list should be Barcap and RBS.

You want to have your application in at least a week before they plan their first phone interview/AC, to give yourself the best chance.

You'd rather be at the first AC knowing there are 40 spots up for grabs, than be in the last one knowing there is only one place left.
Reply 999
Original post by eivoquraf
In terms of timing play it smart.

Look through last year's thread and look at when people had phone interviews, ACs and offers.

You should all have applied to UBS by now, and UBS will already have given out some offers - I know they had an AC this week for S&T.

Next on your list should be Barcap and RBS.

You want to have your application in at least a week before they plan their first phone interview/AC, to give yourself the best chance.

You'd rather be at the first AC knowing there are 40 spots up for grabs, than be in the last one knowing there is only one place left.

Do you know when the second AC for UBS S&T is/was?

Cheers:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending