The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by jermaindefoe
a good question, infinitley long :biggrin: according to the documentary i watched a while ago anyway :gah:

anyway what i meant to say was - they are considered a little bit lower than the barcaps and goldmans of this world right? so under that assumption should they be a little more easy to apply for?

anyway - i just submitted for Deutsche so i will keep people updated

no.
a good question, infinitley long :biggrin: according to the documentary i watched a while ago anyway :gah:

anyway what i meant to say was - they are considered a little bit lower than the barcaps and goldmans of this world right? so under that assumption should they be a little more easy to apply for?

lol....
Reply 1382
Hi,

I am in the process of putting together a Google Docs spreadsheet of as many internship opportunities for Summer 2012 as I can find. It covers a range of industries.

Please find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aii7O2s7khwtdDNObVhHMmk2Tk5IeDcwbVotNFJQdVE&hl=en_US

If you are interested in helping me edit it, and add more, please message me.

thanks.
Original post by Bartyl
Hi,

I am in the process of putting together a Google Docs spreadsheet of as many internship opportunities for Summer 2012 as I can find. It covers a range of industries.

Please find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aii7O2s7khwtdDNObVhHMmk2Tk5IeDcwbVotNFJQdVE&hl=en_US

thanks.

A very comprehensive list - I imagine it took a great deal of time to compile and I hope people contribute to expanding it. Unfortunately, my gut instinct is that you will now encounter what economists refer to as the "free rider" problem.
Original post by crustz
I think it's pretty much instant if you pass the test, sorry buddy.

Oh no I got an invite to the competency questions straight away!! I definitely passed that test lol, I'm just curious to know how long after you complete the whole application they get back to you.
Original post by Bartyl
Hi,

thanks.

That's very kind of you, almost too kind!
Any news from anyone? More specifically, anyone heard from MS, BoA or BNPP since submitting the application (i.e the test and competency questions).

Good luck :smile:
Uh? Does RBS only do a logical (shape things) test? Just a 10min logical test seems a bit short
Reply 1388
Original post by BearOrBull
A very comprehensive list - I imagine it took a great deal of time to compile and I hope people contribute to expanding it. Unfortunately, my gut instinct is that you will now encounter what economists refer to as the "free rider" problem.

lol free ryding?

Free riding is usually considered to be an economic problem only when it leads to the non-production or under-production of a public good (and thus to Pareto inefficiency), or when it leads to the excessive use of a common property resource. The term free rider comes from the example of someone using public transportation without paying the fare. If too many people do this, the system will not have enough money to operate
:biggrin:

No,

Top 5 in EMEA are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse.

Barclays Capital are decent, but not to the same level as the above.

How hard different banks are to get into will depend on several factors; number of interns taken, number of applicants to that specific bank, how good you are etc. Deutsche Bank will be hard though.
Rejected from Deutsche post screening & tests - tough, tough to get into.

Was for S&T internship
Rejected from UBS S&T.

Circa 10 days after completing online tests for those interested in the time lag of the consideration process.
Anyone else get a call from Greenhill about a presentation and networking event they're putting on Wednesday?
Original post by Hampstead_K
Rejected from Deutsche post screening & tests - tough, tough to get into.

Was for S&T internship

how long ago since you did the tests?
Reply 1394
Guys, about the UBS essay/motivational questions , is the 1000 characters limit with spaces or without spaces ? they didn't mention or I couldn't find it

Thanks
Applied for summer internships at Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs - trading currencies. Also contacting my uncle who works for Bank of America. Third year mathematician at Edinburgh, so I'm a year later than all English university people my own age...
Original post by Industrious Orca
No,

Top 5 in EMEA are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse.

Barclays Capital are decent, but not to the same level as the above.

How hard different banks are to get into will depend on several factors; number of interns taken, number of applicants to that specific bank, how good you are etc. Deutsche Bank will be hard though.

You have no idea what you are talking about
Original post by Don John
Applied for summer internships at Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs - trading currencies. Also contacting my uncle who works for Bank of America. Third year mathematician at Edinburgh, so I'm a year later than all English university people my own age...

You'll be sorted mate!
Reply 1398
Original post by erebus-x
Guys, about the UBS essay/motivational questions , is the 1000 characters limit with spaces or without spaces ? they didn't mention or I couldn't find it

Thanks

with spaces.
Original post by WallStreetWolf
You'll be sorted mate!

Haha why is that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending