The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anecka
Maybe it depends on position, but in my case there was no CL required.

i applied to sg with no cover letter i might add (technology role)

How long did it take them to reply to you?
Reply 1581
Original post by jermaindefoe
i applied to sg with no cover letter i might add (technology role)

How long did it take them to reply to you?

about one hour after I submitted I got their tests
about 10 days after got an invitation to telephone interview.
Had it yesterday, was told to wait 2 weeks for result
Checked emails - still nothing. *sigh*

Off to Vector Calculus Lecture *double sigh* haha.
Good luck to everyone else still playing the waiting game.
Reply 1583
Original post by WallStreetWolf
Checked emails - still nothing. *sigh*

Off to Vector Calculus Lecture *double sigh* haha.
Good luck to everyone else still playing the waiting game.

I really haven't missed this part of the process. Very exhausting...
Reply 1584
Original post by haqowado

Original post by haqowado
What division did you apply for and when diid you apply?

IBD- end of august
Original post by raaaaa
barcap asked me loads of tricky technical questions. soooo harrrd. not ideal

in terms of tricky technical questions, do you mean about the current financial climate???
Reply 1586
Just got a call from UBS. Phone interview on Monday. Has anyone had one? Is it competency based or any technical questions?
Reply 1587
Invited to UBS AC on Wednesday. For those of you who already received an offer from UBS, do you have any tips for the group exercise and individual presentation ?
Also, for those of you who passed Lazard's first round interview, what is the case study like ? Since I'm located abroad, I must do it on the day of the AC. Also, was the numerical test like the SHL online ?
Thanx for your answers !
Original post by Denniso
I really haven't missed this part of the process. Very exhausting...

Tell me about it! I suppose it's better than a rejection... although I'm losing hope every day haha. I take it you are sorted then??
Original post by crustz
Congrats mate. Not looking hopeful on my apps!

Me and you are in the same boat mate lol.
Just received a message from RBS saying that they are now reviewing my application and would allow me to sit the tests should they wish to do so. Has anybody else received this at any point in time?!
Had the MS phone interview. Standard comp questions and I think at some points I was blabbering too much :/
Reply 1592
Original post by Dreamer_886
Just received a message from RBS saying that they are now reviewing my application and would allow me to sit the tests should they wish to do so. Has anybody else received this at any point in time?!

Got an invite to sit the logical reasoning test this morning, after submitting my app a few days ago. They seem to be sending stuff out pretty randomly-some people get invited straightaway, while others have to wait :s-smilie:
Reply 1593
JPM rejection for IB Risk.
Original post by mr-chip
Cover Letter

Is this for summer internship at socgen? cus i have been checking and their website says they havent opened apps yet.

Anyone received tests for gs?
Original post by starbucks-mocha
Is this for summer internship at socgen? cus i have been checking and their website says they havent opened apps yet.

Anyone received tests for gs?

It's just IT and another division that are open. Does GS even send tests?!
It's just IT and another division that are open. Does GS even send tests?!

well i assume they must have some sort of numerical/verbal before any interviews. right?
well i assume they must have some sort of numerical/verbal before any interviews. right?

well that's not what they did for Spring Insights, and it probably isn't what they'll do for Summer internships. They just review all applications after the deadline and then assess your numerical abilities at later stages.
well that's not what they did for Spring Insights, and it probably isn't what they'll do for Summer internships. They just review all applications after the deadline and then assess your numerical abilities at later stages.

i doubt they will leave it till after deadlines. many good candidates will have already accepted offers by then
i doubt they will leave it till after deadlines. many good candidates will have already accepted offers by then

It's GS mate, they're that confident that they are willing to review after the deadline, they never review on a rolling basis :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending