The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

did the tests for MS. never done a logical test before, didnt do any practise tests, judging from the original practise qs before i thought it would be easy as. oh wow, was literally like wtf, i swear there was no logic to some just random shapes haha!
Original post by TheBhramaBull
did the tests for MS. never done a logical test before, didnt do any practise tests, judging from the original practise qs before i thought it would be easy as. oh wow, was literally like wtf, i swear there was no logic to some just random shapes haha!

:rofl: I did exactly the same, not for ms though
Sent my application form off.. fingers crossed
Original post by DeSade
I'm a second year student and I'm applying to the Summer Internship program, not to a graduate scheme. By the way, your answer is not useful at all.

Answer was meant to make fun of...not to be useful.... I thought that was obvious.. oh well. I know you are applying for the summer intern, do you think being in year 2 is a reason for not having any experience what so ever?? What do you think will make you stand out then?? Your xbox skills???

Hope this comment was more useful than my previous in making you understand that this world is effin competitive
Reply 1784
Original post by PrincePauper
Answer was meant to make fun of...not to be useful.... I thought that was obvious.. oh well. I know you are applying for the summer intern, do you think being in year 2 is a reason for not having any experience what so ever?? What do you think will make you stand out then?? Your xbox skills???

Hope this comment was more useful than my previous in making you understand that this world is effin competitive

seriously, you ought to work on your people skills
Original post by Denniso
seriously, you ought to work on your people skills

says who? This is the net. I will be and act like who I want to be. Im your dad. lol

says who? This is the net. I will be and act like who I want to be. Im your dad. lol

Real mature
Original post by The_Don_123
Real mature

.... ok bobby

.... ok bobby

Internet police reporting for duty.
can you guys have your little lovers tif elsewhere?!
Reply 1790
I think someone should create a thread where only offers, rejections and interview invites are posted. There's so much clutter to get read through each day on this thread - it's only early October and we have 1795 posts ffs. Inevitably though, people would start replying on that thread with questions like "zOmg, when did you send your application" and stuff, making it eventually clutterful (yes, that's a word) again.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TheBhramaBull
can you guys have your little lovers tif elsewhere?!

oh no! we are taking up too much internet! ever so sorry! lol
Original post by Swayum
I think someone should create a thread where only offers, rejections and interview invites are posted. There's so much clutter to get read through each day on this thread - it's only early October and we have 1795 posts ffs. Inevitably though, people would start replying on that thread with questions like "zOmg, when did you send your application" and stuff, making it eventually clutterful (yes, that's a word) again.

I'd prefer to have it all in one place to be honest; that way i can't miss anything that may be useful, even if it means scanning through 4 pages a day.
Original post by raaaaa
Very useful! Cheers! Quick question- probs sound stupid but what is a SW? xx

A Spring Week, or some of the banks call them spring internships or spring insights.

Glad it helped, feel free to PM me if you need any more help.
Original post by stevenjohnh
RBS Fast-track after the Moveable Feast :smile:

Cool! im going to one on thursday. how was it?
Sent: 11 October 2011 23:55:04

Macquarie rejection.
Reply 1796
Original post by lilpenguin
Sent: 11 October 2011 23:55:04

Macquarie rejection.

Damn. this for s&t?
Original post by Earsnot
Damn. this for s&t?

IBD. I love ending the day on a high...
Reply 1798
Original post by lilpenguin
IBD. I love ending the day on a high...

Unlucky.. Don't worry about it mate, I am sure there will be others not too far down the line.
Original post by Earsnot
Unlucky.. Don't worry about it mate, I am sure there will be others not too far down the line.

Yeah, it's a big part of the industry. That was for their TMET group btw. They included that they'd continue to consider me for other divisions (since I said I'd consider others on the app form) but I withdrew my application.

For those of you still waiting to hear back, I applied 2 weeks ago. My application was forwarded to the TMET group on the 6th October.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending