The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Original post by paddy__power
You could always buy some...?

I could but I don't want to face the telling off I would get from people in real life. When I've expressed that I want to loose weight I've only ever received a negative reaction. People telling me I'm a healthy weight and are being stupid (yes I am actually the top end of my healthy weight so loosing weight I still would be) or being shouted at for being insecure. or someone telling a friend of mine who is actually rather fat and her actually shouting at me about how horrible I am and I'm I think I'm fat (again not particularly just no ideal) then I must think shes disgusting and "how could I do that"
I guess I'm just weak but I don't really let many people in real life know and if they notice weight loss I just act happy but surprised and like it was unintentional
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Just got back from boyfriend's. Going to do something this afternoon if everyone goes out. Went for a walk this morning so it's not as though I haven't been out or anything. Might do some weights actually; they're just sat gathering dust! Need to burn off the two plates of food I ate last night!

Make sure you warm up. :frown:
Original post by boba
I could but I don't want to face the telling off I would get from people in real life. When I've expressed that I want to loose weight I've only ever received a negative reaction. People telling me I'm a healthy weight and are being stupid (yes I am actually the top end of my healthy weight so loosing weight I still would be) or being shouted at for being insecure. or someone telling a friend of mine who is actually rather fat and her actually shouting at me about how horrible I am and I'm I think I'm fat (again not particularly just no ideal) then I must think shes disgusting and "how could I do that"
I guess I'm just weak but I don't really let many people in real life know and if they notice weight loss I just act happy but surprised and like it was unintentional

Just hide the scales then and weigh yourself when nobody is around. Your "fat" friend sounds charming.
Just looked at the post count for this thread. How have I posted so much and not even started being healthy :facepalm2:
Oh dear, I'm third on the list - shows how much of my life I waste on TSR :tongue:

I'm off to my boyfriend's in a bit, which means a totally lazy weekend. I've worked out 4 days in a row this week, so I think a couple of days off are justified :smile: Just got to persuade him that we don't need a takeaway tonight :tongue:
Right, finally managed to get into town and weigh myself :smile:

I'm one pound down from my pre-Christmas weight, so I'm pretty happy about that! Hopefully that means that I'm back on the losses after my Christmas binge xD

So the totals are:

Start weight: 266lbs (19 stone - eek! :redface:)
Start BMI: 44.28

Today's weight: 195lbs (13st 13lbs)
Today's BMI: 32.47

Loss: 71lbs / 11.81 BMI points

So still a little way to go, but I'm happy with my progress so far.
Just looked at the post count for this thread. How have I posted so much and not even started being healthy :facepalm2:

How do you see who posts the most?
Reply 7987
STRUGGLING!!

I'm trying really hard to follow my diet plan as closely as possible. Today I've eaten

1 bowl of multigrain cereal
1 egg mayo sandwich w. salad
1 apple

I'm not supposed to have anything else until tea time, but I'm so hungry!!!!

Anyone else feeling the same? :frown:
Reply 7988
Original post by amizzle91

I'm one pound down from my pre-Christmas weight, so I'm pretty happy about that! Hopefully that means that I'm back on the losses after my Christmas binge xD

So the totals are:

Can't believe how much you've lost, that is amazing well done!
Original post by SoapyDish
How do you see who posts the most?

Click on the post number next to the thread in the forum and a list will come up :smile:
Original post by amizzle91

So the totals are:

Wow! That is an amazing transformation!!
Congratulations!! :dance:
Original post by boba
going to have to weigh myself tomorrow before leaving for uni since I don't have scales there coming home is the only time I can. It will be the first time I've weighed myself since I got home before christmas so I'm scared of Christmas damage :frown:

I use my flatmates scales.....You should look into buying some...You can get some pretty accurate ones that are not extortionate prices! :smile:
Bought some clothes that will fit if I lose a stone or two :colone:

Can still barely bend my arms after forgetting to warm up pre-workout though :emo:

Good motivation :rolleyes:
Reply 7993
Just found this, it sounds obvious and people have probably heard it before but just thought she puts it really well - I definitely need to do this more!!!

Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Good motivation :rolleyes:

Why roll eyes?
I'm really confused :frown: I measured myself today (regretfully) and the tape measure said 34inches around the waist but my jean size is 26inches? What's going onnnnn? Am I doing it wrong?
Original post by aliphatic
I'm really confused :frown: I measured myself today (regretfully) and the tape measure said 34inches around the waist but my jean size is 26inches? What's going onnnnn? Am I doing it wrong?

Do you have a large(r) belly and wear your jeans lower than your actual waist?
Why roll eyes?

I do believe that was meant to be a :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];35679096']Oh dear, I'm third on the list - shows how much of my life I waste on TSR :tongue:

I'm off to my boyfriend's in a bit, which means a totally lazy weekend. I've worked out 4 days in a row this week, so I think a couple of days off are justified :smile: Just got to persuade him that we don't need a takeaway tonight :tongue:

HOW have I posted 781 times?! Quite happy to be first though, not too in front of tink, will have to keep an eye on that one ;-).

Or maybe I should STOP posting and go and exercise!! Nah.
Do you have a large(r) belly and wear your jeans lower than your actual waist?

Ohhh, I think I was assuming stomach and waist are two different things, but they're not right? Should I be measuring about an inch below my belly button? Because that's 30inches in that case... which still doesn't exactly tie in.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest