just lol

Haha, tell me about it...
Hi All!

Name Sean,

Male 22, 3 weeks before 23.

Weight 17st

Height 6'0"

Target is 15st

Problem. I've been eating a lot healthier and excercising almost every day since June 2nd, And I have lost nothing. During that time I have had fast food no more than 10 times. Sometimes I had to eat it because I would have failed a long time ago if I didn't have that kebab or chicken wings, but the next day I will be sweating it out untill I have burnt at least 500 calories. I've been on the my fitness pal recommended 1650 Calories a day plus excercise for at least 20 each day. Hiit, jog, walk, jump rope and I run up and down a long flight of stairs. I really don't understand I'm not loosing anything. The scale in my room seems to be correct. My fitness have improved but no weight loss. I can't afford a gym as I have no money what so ever.
(edited 12 years ago)
I think I'm going to try to find a mathematical proof to see if it is possible to actually "loose" weight. Then a major problem in this forum would be solved.
Reply 1583
Oh my, at work today i passed a still-warm freshly baked loaf of sliced white bread through the scanner and sighed with longing so hard that i almost broke into tears.

It just smelt sooo goood, havent had white bread for years now, lifes so unfair :sad:
Original post by Denny Crane
Hi All!

Name Sean,

Weight 17st

Height 6'0"

Target is 15st

Problem. I've been eating a lot healthier and excercising almost every day since June 2nd, And I have lost nothing. During that time I have had fast food no more than 10 times. Sometimes I had to eat it because I would have failed a long time ago if I didn't have that kebab or chicken wings, but the next day I will be sweating it out untill I have burnt at least 500 calories. I've been on the my fitness pal recommended 1650 Calories a day plus excercise for at least 20 each day. Hiit, jog, walk, jump rope and I run up and down a long flight of stairs. I really don't understand I'm not loosing anything. The scale in my room seems to be correct. My fitness have improved but no weight loss. I can't afford a gym as I have no money what so ever.

10 times is actually a fairly large number of take aways.
If you've lost nothing you must be doing something wrong. What kind of exercises are you doing, and what is your average calories intake for a day?
Original post by Emaemmaemily
10 times is actually a fairly large number of take aways.
If you've lost nothing you must be doing something wrong. What kind of exercises are you doing, and what is your average calories intake for a day?

Here's a typical week taken from the my fitness pal app.
Monday- 55min walk, 1475 calories eaten.
Tuesday-jump rope 30mins, brisk walk 40 mins, 1632 calories in food.
Wednesday- nothing, 1600 calories or less is always eaten.
Thursday- Hiit 20 mins running, 1690calories in food
Friday- brisk walk 50-60 mins, 1533 calories in food.
Saturday- jog 30-40 mins, 1650 calories eaten.
Sunday- Hiit 20mins, 1900 -2200 calories in food

I tend to over calculated how much food I eat and underestimate how much excercise I do. I usually stretch before I work out and warm down after, times spent doing this is never included. Really don't know what's wrong.

I will admitt, I spend the rest of the day doing nothing, that's because my legs hurt a lot and i feel really weak, which makes me sleep so i don't eat as much. Even so I should be loosing something. I went to the doctor and she give me a booklet about reducing cholesterol! No help what so ever.

I tend to over calculated how much food I eat and underestimate how much excercise I do. I usually stretch before I work out and warm down after, times spent doing this is never included. Really don't know what's wrong.

I will admitt, I spend the rest of the day doing nothing, that's because my legs hurt a lot and i feel really weak, which makes me sleep so i don't eat as much. Even so I should be loosing something. I went to the doctor and she give me a booklet about reducing cholesterol! No help what so ever.

It looks like you're ok with the calories (although 10 take aways in a couple of months isn't good when you're trying to be healthy). The exercise you're doing doesn't seem like much though, or not enough times in the week at least.
The "brisk walks" don't really count as intense enough exercise to be helping much. You need to be doing jogging/running and the jump rope stuff (and weight training, if you can), and it needs to be at least 45 mins of exercise a time, and more like 4/5 times a week.

If you do more exercise and up the cardio, you should see more results. Good luck.
Eeeek! Meant to be having takeaway tonight! Extremely worried about this!
Reply 1588

You might want to look up calories on actual food packets and weigh out how much you eat for a few days to check how accurate myfitnesspal is.
I personally have just learned how many calories certain types of food have in them, because I don't trust online-input websites (it's a control thing, but you might find that the site is calculating it wrong).

I've been steadily losing 1-2lbs per week by taking a brisk walk for 60mins 6x per week, plus resistance training for 1 hour 3 times a week, and 30mins on a step machine 6x per week.
When I put that in (plus my diet) on a website it said I would be losing 4lbs a week, when I clearly am not losing that much.

Just a thought. I realise that my levels of activity are more than more people do, it's just because I do love exercise and I have nothing else to do at the moment :tongue:
You're definitely going in the right direction with the right about of calories and exercise! Keep it up! :smile:
Original post by BenjyK
Oh my, at work today i passed a still-warm freshly baked loaf of sliced white bread through the scanner and sighed with longing so hard that i almost broke into tears.

It just smelt sooo goood, havent had white bread for years now, lifes so unfair :sad:

Go into shop
Buy white bread
????
PROFIT!!!
Hi everyone :smile: want to thank the OP for introducing me to MyFitnessPal! Only made an account last night and already addicted! Really think it'll help my weight loss :smile:

I'll get stuck into this much more next week after I have completed my resits, but in the mean time...

Female
6 foot tall
Current weight 218lb
Goal weight 161lb
Hi All!

Name Sean,

Weight 17st

Height 6'0"

Target is 15st

It's fantastic that you are persevering though! And like you say, you are getting fitter if not lighter and I'm sure that will start to pay off. 10 Takeaways in that time is about 1 a week, maybe just over, which isn't terrible but you are going to need to reduce that to lose weight. Takeaways have an unbelievable amount of salt in them (not to mention calories) which will cause water retention. Try avoiding them for 2-3 weeks and drink lots of water/green tea and you should get a loss.
Original post by Shawshank
I think I'm going to try to find a mathematical proof to see if it is possible to actually "loose" weight. Then a major problem in this forum would be solved.

Sorry but what is this supposed to mean? Most of us know that if we burn more than we eat we lose weight. We don't need any proof.
Reply 1593
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Sorry but what is this supposed to mean? Most of us know that if we burn more than we eat we lose weight. We don't need any proof.

I'm assuming he's talking about the spelling mistake. It's picky but admittedly I get a bit annoyed at that too :tongue:
Original post by conway!
I'm assuming he's talking about the spelling mistake. It's picky but admittedly I get a bit annoyed at that too :tongue:

Oh right fair enough.
Never mind :biggrin:.
Reply 1595
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s

Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Go into shop
Buy white bread
????
PROFIT!!!

But i know that wholemeal bread is better for you than white bread. Plus we've had wholemeal in our house for as long as i can remember and im not going to take it upon myself to buy a whole loaf just for myself.

It was just a moment of madness, like when I pass a KFC or Greggs :daydreaming:
Reply 1596
Tried Yoga on the wii fit today.. Was interesting!
Anyone else do Yoga or has tried it before? :tongue:
Last night of my holiday today, which means the last night of my gran putting out several massive bowls of snacks before dinner...

I hate wet miserable weather, it leaves me craving comfort food :frown:

It would be nice to get back and find that I haven't put any weight on, but I'm not feeling too hopeful tbh :/ Thing is, we tend to eat lunch early, and it tends to be high in calories, but not very filling (or at least, not filling for a long time) so by the time it gets to about 5, I'm hungry again.

Looking forward to being home and getting back to normal eating/exercising habits.
Original post by Stricof
Admittedly it's mostly Pendulum/Jamiroquai but still. :ninja:

Pendulum & Jamiroquai are indeed most excellent workout artists :cool:

I like how exercise encourages people to branch out of their normal music zones...I use this excuse to account for the odd Eminem track on my gym playlist :ninja:
Original post by make-cookies-not-war
Hi everyone :smile: want to thank the OP for introducing me to MyFitnessPal! Only made an account last night and already addicted! Really think it'll help my weight loss :smile:

I'll get stuck into this much more next week after I have completed my resits, but in the mean time...

Female
6 foot tall
Current weight 218lb
Goal weight 161lb

My grandparents from Wales have just come down to visit for a few days. They brought with them 12 Krispy Kremes for me and my brother to share :zomg: and I had only eaten 1000 calories today! I just had a whole doughnut (would be rude not to) but have decided that after this I'll have a maximum of half a doughnut per day, and exercise to make up for the added calories :smile:

Latest