The Student Room Group

Leeds Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Please let this be the week!!
Hey guys!
I was just wondering if anyone knows about extra-curricular activities, clubs, societies in Leeds? Does it really have 1 of the best student lives in the UK? (:
Thanks!
Original post by loz876
I haven't either :frown: after 2 rejections already I'm starting to get worried...

im in the same boat two rejections! :s-smilie: hopefully it will be good new from leeds, good luck!
Reply 1183
Original post by hopefulmedic:)
im in the same boat two rejections! :s-smilie: hopefully it will be good new from leeds, good luck!

Thank you, you too, fingers crossed!
Reply 1184
I was rejected by Dundee which means I'm only looking for a rejection from Leeds but there's this hope that they might send an interview invitation coz my PS was based solely for Leeds! When are they going to let me know!!! :confused:
Reply 1185
Original post by moni00000

Original post by moni00000
Hey guys!
I was just wondering if anyone knows about extra-curricular activities, clubs, societies in Leeds? Does it really have 1 of the best student lives in the UK? (:
Thanks!

i went up for an offer day for another subject and they literally have every single society/club you could think of, and if they don't they let you create your own. they also have an amazing gym complex complete with 25m pool and climbing wall!
student life also seemed amazing, there were 3 clubs in the union alone, and i have a friend there who seems to be having the time of his life up there :smile:
hope that helps!
Reply 1186
hey guys.. those of you with interviews how much notice did you get?? :-)
Reply 1187
Original post by rozca
hey guys.. those of you with interviews how much notice did you get?? :-)

I think it's about 2 weeks.
Reply 1188
Original post by Besakt
I think it's about 2 weeks.

ah ok, thats a decent amount of notice i suppose :-)

i wish we could apply to more than 4 places for med.. even if it was just 1 more like the rest of the nation get.. would make all the difference.. hmmmm HURRY UP LEEDS :-)
does anyone know the number of places they offer to internationals?
Reply 1190
Original post by Soul_Eater
does anyone know the number of places they offer to internationals?

I beliee its 20. Im intl too where are you from and have you heard from them or other schools yet?
Reply 1191
Original post by rozca
ah ok, thats a decent amount of notice i suppose :-)

i wish we could apply to more than 4 places for med.. even if it was just 1 more like the rest of the nation get.. would make all the difference.. hmmmm HURRY UP LEEDS :-)

I know. The wait is just getting annoying now. Have you heard from anywhere else?
Reply 1192
Original post by Besakt
I know. The wait is just getting annoying now. Have you heard from anywhere else?

nope :/ currently have no offers or rejections so im going by the "no news is good news.." waiting on replies from a couple interviews though. how about you?
Has anyone applied to access to Leeds ? Did anyone recieve the scholarship email and apply for the scholarship?
Reply 1194
Original post by rozca
nope :/ currently have no offers or rejections so im going by the "no news is good news.." waiting on replies from a couple interviews though. how about you?

No interviews, no offers, no rejections. :frown:

Original post by savage903
Has anyone applied to access to Leeds ? Did anyone recieve the scholarship email and apply for the scholarship?

Yeah I wasn't eligible for any scholarships so never applied to any.
Reply 1195
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
No interviews, no offers, no rejections. :frown:

where did you apply?
Reply 1196
Original post by theoik
those who have had interviews, what questions did you get asked?

I have a list of the questions they asked during last years interviews if it helps anyone out. one of my friends was a student medic on the panel.

Not allowed to do that

Edit: Stop negging this just because im saying the truth you stupid fking idiots. It ISNT allowed. I didnt make the fking rules...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by theoik
those who have had interviews, what questions did you get asked?

I have a list of the questions they asked during last years interviews if it helps anyone out. one of my friends was a student medic on the panel.

The applicants interviewed had to sign a document saying that they wouldn't divulge any information about the interview questions :s-smilie:
Reply 1198
Original post by rozca
where did you apply?

Southampton, Leeds, Bradford, St.Geroge, KCL (Biomed)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1199
Really just wish Leeds would hurry up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending