The Student Room Group

Not sure if I should feel guilty...

Basically, on New Years Eve I was at a friends party, and one of my mates got seriously, seriously wasted. He's always like this, and is the type of person who just pulls absolutely anyone, even guys, even when he's not drunk. I'm not like this, I don't have that high an opinion of him just because he doesn't treat girls very well. Now I have another friend who wasn't at the party, but who I was talking to earlier. I found out she really, really likes him, even though she knows he doesn't like her back. Personally I think she can do a lot better than him, but I'm not telling her that!

So at the party, I was kinda this guy's "pulling" target for the evening. He kept coming on to me, kissing my neck and stuff like that, and I kept pulling away from him and walking out of the room. Remember, he was so so drunk so I doubt he remembers any of this.

I'm just wondering, should I tell the girl that he was coming on to me? I didn't do anything to make him act this way, didn't react to him, didn't do anything wrong whatsoever. I told her he was seriously wasted and was acting off his head, but is that being honest with her?

Sorry if that sounds jumbled / like a silly problem!
Reply 1
lil_sweetie
Basically, on New Years Eve I was at a friends party, and one of my mates got seriously, seriously wasted. He's always like this, and is the type of person who just pulls absolutely anyone, even guys, even when he's not drunk. I'm not like this, I don't have that high an opinion of him just because he doesn't treat girls very well. Now I have another friend who wasn't at the party, but who I was talking to earlier. I found out she really, really likes him, even though she knows he doesn't like her back. Personally I think she can do a lot better than him, but I'm not telling her that!

So at the party, I was kinda this guy's "pulling" target for the evening. He kept coming on to me, kissing my neck and stuff like that, and I kept pulling away from him and walking out of the room. Remember, he was so so drunk so I doubt he remembers any of this.

I'm just wondering, should I tell the girl that he was coming on to me? I didn't do anything to make him act this way, didn't react to him, didn't do anything wrong whatsoever. I told her he was seriously wasted and was acting off his head, but is that being honest with her?

Sorry if that sounds jumbled / like a silly problem!

You have no reason to feel guilty and you didnt react :smile:

I would tell her to be honest. She needs reminding he is a loser so she (hopefully) moves her affections onto someone who deserves them more. Sounds like he wouldnt be good for her :rolleyes:

Take her out, buy her a glass of wine and laugh at him - then move swiftly on, dont make a big deal.

Good luck xx
Reply 2
First of all, why won't you tell your friend that she can do better than him? I know I would tell my friend if she was liking someone who was no good for her.

If you have already told her how he was acting and didn't bring up that he was trying to "pull you" then I wouldn't really bother bringing it back up again.

Oh and there's nothing for you to feel guilty about, you didn't do anything wrong!
Reply 3
Its just a crush

Girls always like these kinds of guys, then moan about when they get messed about :rolleyes:

So yeh tell her.
Reply 4
i hate guys like that!! yes you should definatly tell her. A similar thing happened to my mate not long ago. This guy that is trying to get with her went out on the piss and my bf was with him and told me evrything!! well this guy was ringing around trying to get a shag because he's a dirty w***er lol!! I just had to tell her, so now she doesn't want anything to do with him. You'll fell more guilty if you don't tell her and she ends up getting hurt by him
Reply 5
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear! :biggrin: xx

Latest

Trending

Trending