The Student Room Group

The House M.D. Society

Welcome, one and all, to the House M.D. Soc! This is the place to discuss any and all House-related ideas, and everyone is welcome! There is only one rule:

No spoiling

If you are discussing an episode that has not been aired in the UK, please put it in spoiler tags. If you're not sure whether what you're saying could be spoiling, then put in the tags anyway, just in case! To all those that don't know how to create spoiler tags, simply type this into the text box:

[noparse]

Spoiler

[/noparse]

Once you submit your post, whatever appears between the spoiler tags remains hidden until someone chooses to click on it to reveal what is said!

Also, don't be offended if I or one of the other members pick you up on the lack of spoiler tags :smile:. We're only doing it out of consideration, and editing in spoiler tags isn't a big deal.

Other than that - the world is your oyster! Or your vicodin. :ninja:

Instructions For Joining

Scroll to see replies

My boyfriend has been nagging me to watch it for ages, he loves it, but I've missed half the series now so I'm gonna have to wait til its repeated to start I think! I don't wanna start watching now as I won't have a clue what's going on. I've heard its really good though. :smile:
Reply 2
It's not that popular over here, so I've heard Channel 5 aren't gonna show the second series (if there even is one?) It did really well in the States though.

And there was a big thread about it here on TSR while they were showing the series in the autumn if you feel like searching about for it.

Rosalily
I've missed half the series now so I'm gonna have to wait til its repeated to start I think! I don't wanna start watching now as I won't have a clue what's going on.

These are the repeats! It's not hard to pick up though, there's only about 5 central characters and it's like CSI but based in a hospital. Go on, watch it. You know you want to.
Reply 3
House had low ratings? For shame, for shame....it's a fun show to watch even though the formulaic episode plots can get a little repetitive Hugh Laurie's performance is genius.
Reply 4
I agree entirely. The genius of the show lies entirely in the magnificence of Laurie's performances (and it IS a magnificent programme).
Love the show *hopes for second series*
Reply 6
The show is brill, got some of my friends hocked on it too! I think 5 will be showing the second series, hope so anyway! :p:
Reply 7
ninetails
has ne1 watched or even heard of house - ive been watching and preaching it for god knows how long to ppl to every1 but the response i usually get is that the title is stupid! :eek:

pls tell me sum1 watches this AMAZING show!

I'm a medic, of course I watch House! :smile:
Reply 8
glad to know im not the only one hooked on this show :biggrin:
i was so happy wit the big black EVIL manager left on this
Reply 9
p00p-
House had low ratings? For shame, for shame....it's a fun show to watch even though the formulaic episode plots can get a little repetitive Hugh Laurie's performance is genius.

I dunno whether House got low ratings (I think it didn't do as well as they expected), but I agree totally and all. Even Bodies on BBC2 which was a critical success isn't getting a second series commissioned as far as I know.

I reckon the second series of House will probably go to a non-terrestrial channel, maybe Sky One.
Reply 10
skd180
I dunno whether House got low ratings (I think it didn't do as well as they expected), but I agree totally and all. Even Bodies on BBC2 which was a critical success isn't getting a second series commissioned as far as I know.
I reckon the second series of House will probably go to a non-terrestrial channel, maybe Sky One.

Erm... http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/bodies/series2/overview.shtml
The second series has finished. So clearly I meant third series. :smile:
Reply 12
skd180
The second series has finished. So clearly I meant third series. :smile:

I put that first, but edited it with the link - didn't want to seem rude, plus didn't want to make you sad if you'd missed the 2nd series...
I missed the last episode of both the first and second series of it, but it'll be on DVD or UKTV Gold or something. And maybe the BBC controller will come to his senses and stick on another series.
Reply 14
this show is the BEST. finally something that appeals to my sadistic humour....:wink:

--------------

skd180
I missed the last episode of both the first and second series of it, but it'll be on DVD or UKTV Gold or something. And maybe the BBC controller will come to his senses and stick on another series.

dont you mean channel five?
Reply 15
Ah, I love House so much. I made my brother watch the first season with me but he doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as I do.

Regarding the second season, I'm almost positive that its starting on the 19th January on channel 5.

ninetails
but the response i usually get is that the title is stupid!

Try telling people it's called House MD? That doesn't sound as strange.
I love House. The second season is good (I've seen about 8 eps so far) and I'm pretty sure when I was watching a season 1 repeat on Five the other day it said the announcer guy was talking over the credits and said "House will return with the second season in the new year". Or something to that effect.

Only bad thing about the second season is the thing with Stacy :frown:
teehar
skd180
I missed the last episode of both the first and second series of it, but it'll be on DVD or UKTV Gold or something. And maybe the BBC controller will come to his senses and stick on another series
dont you mean channel five?
Nah we'd moved onto the BBC hospital drama Bodies halfway through the thread, my fault.

lentilsoup
Regarding the second season, I'm almost positive that its starting on the 19th January on channel 5.
I just checked and you're absolutely right, great stuff!
Oh dear, rather fancy Hugh Laurie a bit too much! :wink:
Reply 19
Yes, it's definitely Thursday 19th January, Channel 5, 10-11pm .

The adverts have been on the bus stops round where I live for about a week now too... though they have no date on them, publicity idiots...

Blurb from the Radio Times, not really a spoiler.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest