The Student Room Group

The House M.D. Society

Scroll to see replies

house forum...*cough*
Fluffy
Ketamine is used in humanoids too :wink: It's used as an anaesthetic and an anaglesic (pain killer) in smaller doses.

Also a drug of abuse as it is psychedelic/hallucinogenic

I think the idea was that ketamine really hits House so that his brain restarts itself, and then the pain will be gone. I'm not a medic, but I watch the show closely :smile:
Reply 322
the show is great it is so funny how he comes up with some of the most weird
ways that cure the illness
:ditto: The weirdest one was when he said that the teenage model was really a boy :rofl: and she ripped off her clothes and screamed "how can you say that I'm a girl!!" Of course that was the girl who seduced her dad :eek: to make him feel guilty to get what she wants :eek:
Reply 324
Lol, my favourite bit is when House has Foreman do his clinic for him, and Foreman accidentally insults this woman who thought she had breast cancer (well, it was all her fault, actually, but House gets all the blame), and he says: "What did you do, call 'em perky? You're years away from mad skillz like those" or something like that :rofl:
Reply 325
tanusha-tomsk
I think the idea was that ketamine really hits House so that his brain restarts itself, and then the pain will be gone. I'm not a medic, but I watch the show closely :smile:

Certainly not a mode of action I've ever read about :wink: Could bang on about neuropathic pain, but won't :smile:
"Wilson's got a girlfriend!" I thought he was talking about Cuddy ("professional woman") :confused:
A few things from yesterdays ep!

House: It's a very sad thing, an uncalibrated centrifuge. It makes me cry too.

Foreman: We looked at everything else
Wilson: Did you look at her breasts?
(Cameron glares)
House: Men...

Cuddy: The results came in yesterday, I figured you guys would have been all over them. I know how concerned you are.
House: [to Wilson] She's all upset because we paid more attention to the other girl. You check out her ass, I've got the chest.

:biggrin:
jokeroid
Her husband spikes her breakfast. Weird.

What a twist at the end though. Wasn't expecting it. He did seem kind of sly at the beginning.

I missed the first 5-10 mins, who was that man at the end. I thought the camera was a bit weird for someone I didn't recognise.
Reply 329
The man at the end was the guy's best friend. They were jogging together at the beginning of the ep.

Does anyone know why five thought it was a good idea not to start at the start of the season? Randomness. I am glad they are repeating it as I only really got into it towards the end of series 2.
Reply 330
I'm guessing its because they have a set date for when series 3 will start, and wanted to run House episodes to plug the gap. However there must have been too many episodes (5 too many) and so they skipped 5 episodes so that it take 18 weeks not 23 (or close to it).

Yep, im guessing this rerun is the countdown till series 3! Hooray! :biggrin:
Did anyone watch Maybe Baby yesterday? I loved Hugh Laurie with the English accent :love:
Vetinari
I'm guessing its because they have a set date for when series 3 will start, and wanted to run House episodes to plug the gap. However there must have been too many episodes (5 too many) and so they skipped 5 episodes so that it take 18 weeks not 23 (or close to it).

Yep, im guessing this rerun is the countdown till series 3! Hooray! :biggrin:

Erm, so we will watch House non-stop for a few months?? YAY. But, they start season 3 after season 1, so season 2 is kind of skipped, right? (Fair enough, we just watched it).
Reply 333
I've seen all of season one and two... the DVDs are awesome :biggrin:. Can't wait until season 2 comes out :smile:.
I am not planning on buying DVDs until I have all 10 seasons of Friends in my collection (currently 6) :p: House is better, but you know, once I've started...

I've missed the first 10 - 11 eps from the first series (five of which were skipped by FIVE :frown:).
one of my friends has been telling me for ages that i should watch this programme and i finally got season 1 on dvd and its great! i wanted Cameron and House to gt together but it doesnt look likely anymore :frown:
anyone know when season 2 will be released in the UK? or if channel 5 have any plans to repeat it, i dont want to go through all 17 pages of this thread because i dont want to see the spoilers for season 2
I think they might repeat it - well they repeat season 1 now to fill the gap. May be after season 3? The DVD should be out by then. Sorry, haven't got a clue about the timeline! And welcome to our thread, with your cool avatar :biggrin:
Reply 337
Yeah, welcome! Nice picture :biggrin:
I love House! The first season repeats are still going on...I can't wait till season 2 starts here!
Reply 339
Hallmark (191 on telwest) are repeating Season 1 aswell and are nearly at the end. I imagine season 2 will be re run from a couple of weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest