The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2012 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by New_to_this
Have you had your interview? I'm guessing not since you asked if they're standard questions. They are by the way, well, mine were the standard ones anyway. When is yours?

I've got mine on wednesday so pretty much the same wait as you :frown: I've just concentrated on standard stuff so it's good to know it was those questions. I just want to do some ethics because I think I saw somewhere there will always be something on ethics. What time was yours today? And how many people interviewed you? Were they male or female and doctors? :smile:
Reply 781
Original post by crazychef
Has anyone who lives in London got an interview? :smile:

i was just wondering this :smile: although there are some people with interviews who live further away than london so i don't think it could be to do with the fact that we live in london :tongue:
Reply 782
Interview on the 6th :biggrin:
UKCAT 697.5
GCSE's 10A*s
AS's 5A's (and an extra in general)

Anybody know what sort of format the interview takes?
Hi everyone, just wanted to wish you all a huge GOOD LUCK!! Newcastle is an amazing place and I know (although I'm not a medic myself) ,is one of the best medical schools you could hope to attend!
Original post by beckyboo.
Interview on the 6th :biggrin:
UKCAT 697.5
GCSE's 10A*s
AS's 5A's (and an extra in general)

Anybody know what sort of format the interview takes?

Same day as me.. what time is yours?
Reply 785
Original post by laurie:)
i was just wondering this :smile: although there are some people with interviews who live further away than london so i don't think it could be to do with the fact that we live in london :tongue:

I contacted admissions recently and they said they were considering location as a factor in interview order, but I am still a bit worried as I have a UKCAT of 712.5 but no interview.... :s-smilie:
Reply 786
I contacted admissions recently and they said they were considering location as a factor in interview order, but I am still a bit worried as I have a UKCAT of 712.5 but no interview.... :s-smilie:

we have the same ukcat :s-smilie: so im just as worried as you are :tongue:
Reply 787
Got an interview today for the 9th of december :smile: so pleased !
Reply 788
we have the same ukcat :s-smilie: so im just as worried as you are :tongue:

I'm hoping it will just be a case of waiting until they start interviewing Londoners :smile: That is soo random about the scores :tongue:
Reply 789
Original post by .eXe
holy **** bro so you have a guaranteed conditional offer?

thats freaking amazing!

nah you can only get the guaranteed offer for other courses, but not for medicine, for medicine if i get a offer, it'll be a reduced offer, so like a offer of ABB instead of AAA
Reply 790
Just found out I have an interview!!!! :biggrin: December 8th, 11:30am! Does anyone know if this is the actual time the interview takes place, or if it's just when everyone arrives? Is there anything else that goes on? How long are you there about? Sorry about all the questions, I just need to book train tickets is all :tongue: if anyone is still trying to figure out distance/UKCAT patterns etc., I live in the Midlands near Derby/B'ham, and my UKCAT was 680!
Thanks!
Reply 791
I'm hoping it will just be a case of waiting until they start interviewing Londoners :smile: That is soo random about the scores :tongue:

fingers crossed! :tongue:

where abouts in london are you?
Reply 792
Original post by loz876
Just found out I have an interview!!!! :biggrin: December 8th, 11:30am! Does anyone know if this is the actual time the interview takes place, or if it's just when everyone arrives? Is there anything else that goes on? How long are you there about? Sorry about all the questions, I just need to book train tickets is all :tongue: if anyone is still trying to figure out distance/UKCAT patterns etc., I live in the Midlands near Derby/B'ham, and my UKCAT was 680!
Thanks!

Its the time of your actual interview :smile:

But they apparently have tours in the afternoon and medical students will be available then as well. The letter only takes a day or two to come through, so you might as well wait for that before you book train tickets :smile:
Reply 793
fingers crossed! :tongue:

where abouts in london are you?

Northish, hope that counts for more proximity with interviews so I will get one faster :tongue: Best of luck :smile:
Reply 794
Northish, hope that counts for more proximity with interviews so I will get one faster :tongue: Best of luck :smile:

ahhh im south-east so really far away :tongue: you too!
For some reason I feel like I've read that Newcastle always ask an ethical scenario question (Not sure where I got this from). Is this true?
Reply 796
Original post by arth
You are all so lucky with interviews! I have a ukcat of 732, from Belfast, and I'm yet to hear anything...

I'm the same. I've got a 730 UKCAT and am from NI but haven't heard a peep yet :frown: Getting a little worried!
Original post by rozca
Ok thanks, its just such a nerve-wrecking wait! Hopefully a few more of us will be put out of our misery this week.. Any idea when the last of the interview invites are given out? :smile:

Its states in the prospectus that interviews are held between mid November and late March :smile:
Reply 798
Hi :smile: Is it true that they don't take UKCAT into consideration once you're over the cut-off point, or is that just for the BMAT? I've got UKCAT 682.5 and an interview, but the amount of people on here with UKCATs of several million was stressing me out so i was just wondering!
Original post by SarahP~
Hi :smile: Is it true that they don't take UKCAT into consideration once you're over the cut-off point, or is that just for the BMAT? I've got UKCAT 682.5 and an interview, but the amount of people on here with UKCATs of several million was stressing me out so i was just wondering!

I think it's based solely upon interview performance post-interview, so even more of a reason to prepare!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending