The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Can anyone tell me what the status of their application on the portal says. I want to know if they change. I have a feeling what it says now is different from before, or maybe I'm just hoping the application is going somewhere.
Reply 221
Original post by :)!
Can anyone tell me what the status of their application on the portal says. I want to know if they change. I have a feeling what it says now is different from before, or maybe I'm just hoping the application is going somewhere.

application under consideration :s-smilie:
Reply 222
Original post by ourchi
application under consideration :s-smilie:

Mine says: Your application is currently being considered by the admissions tutor and we hope to have a decision for you shortly.
Mine says: Your application is currently being considered by the admissions tutor and we hope to have a decision for you shortly.

snap
Reply 224
Original post by blahblah772
snap

Is that what it always said? I'm trying to be optimistic that it's getting somewhere! :biggrin:

Application under consideration

Your application is currently being considered by the admissions tutor and we hope to have a decision for you shortly.

Surely it says both for most people?
Is that what it always said? I'm trying to be optimistic that it's getting somewhere! :biggrin:

I think you mad... it's always said that :biggrin:
Original post by Davidragon
Nottingham said they'd start interviewing mid November. If they do that's a pretty poor amount of notice they're giving us.

The first interview date on the list is the 21st November :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by colabottles

List? As in the stalker list? :s-smilie:
Original post by infintywhirls
List? As in the stalker list? :s-smilie:

Noooo I got emailed a list of interview dates where I can volunteer to give a tour of the med school. I'm a first year at Notts :smile:
Noooo I got emailed a list of interview dates where I can volunteer to give a tour of the med school. I'm a first year at Notts :smile:

Ahh, I was panicking a little then. Oh, so the waiting for interview dates properly begins D:

The 21st? Surely that means we'll be hearing about interviews next week...

o_o

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh that will be short notice for whoever gets them! Damn good job I live close for if I'm selected...
Reply 233
Exciting week coming up then. :biggrin:
Reply 234
anyone know what basis they give interview dates out? e.g. alphabetically, with a surnames being first etc..? If that is the case then I have a LONNGGG wait... :frown:
Reply 235
hi does anyone know when they would send out rejections haha, ? :s-smilie:
Original post by Hazpinkel
hi does anyone know when they would send out rejections haha, ? :s-smilie:

March, I guess.
Reply 237
okay, thanks :smile: would the people that didn't get interviews hear shortly do you think ? or are unsure like me xD :biggrin: ?
Reply 238
Original post by Davidragon
March, I guess.

okay, thanks would the people that didn't get interviews hear shortly do you think ? or are unsure like me xD ?
Original post by YesDoc
anyone know what basis they give interview dates out? e.g. alphabetically, with a surnames being first etc..? If that is the case then I have a LONNGGG wait... :frown:

From the email;

"When selecting for interview we score many areas of your application. Your application will be considered alongside other applicants who have similar profiles i.e. GCSE’s or equivalent, UKCAT or exempt etc. So, for example, if you took GCSE’s, are taking A-levels and took the UKCAT test, we will score your application as follows:

· Highest 8 GCSE’s including the sciences, maths and English language;
· Personal statement and reference;
· On-line questionnaire;
· Each of the four components of the UKCAT test.

PTO
If your application profile doesn’t match all of the above, your application will be grouped with others with a similar profile and we will only score those areas that apply to your application.
The scores of all the relevant sections are added together and the applicants with the highest total scores from each group are invited for interview.
We aim to interview 800 applicants."

Otherwise I would have been screwed, my surname begins with Z ><

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending