The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Caponester
Any more predictions for us? Surely St Andrews cannot be finished their interview process. They've barely handed out any interviews. Saying that though, I had a look back to last year and people interviewing from February onwards seem to have quite a high proportion of rejections.

:facepalm2:

Oops, I was sure we would hear by now... I'd do anything for an interview, I don't see how I won't get this one this year but you never know. My UKCAT is above 700! But yes your right, I don't think the odds are in our favour, even worse for me being a graduate, so little spaces...

Original post by KCosmo
With great power comes great responsibility :tongue:

It does seem like there haven't been any interview invitations for a while, I can't think of any reason why though (maybe just no-one from tsr has heard recently?) I hope you get one soon, I think I remember you applied last year? How are your other applications going?

Egg on my face KCosmo... Wonder if they send out invites on a Friday...
Just thought I'd confirm that St Andrews are not finished interviewing. We got an e-mail asking us to volunteer as tour guides on interview days, there were dates every week from the 1st of February to the 18th of March!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gh70
Cheers for the tour yesterday! I'm the old git with the sharp tongue! Lol - you were all great

The microbiology lad? i remember something about anatomy in dundee as well. anyways, i do hope you make it in! haha much love, everyone needs a bitch in the year. xxx
Original post by leemkule
Just thought I'd confirm to anyone worried that St Andrews are finished with interviews. We got an e-mail asking us to volunteer as tour guides on interview days, there were dates every week from the 1st of February to the 18th of March!

The first bit of your post could be quite confusing. I initially thought you meant you were confirming that they are finished with interviews :tongue:
Reply 784
Original post by platty1907
The first bit of your post could be quite confusing. I initially thought you meant you were confirming that they are finished with interviews :tongue:

I thought that too! I was like:cry2: at first :tongue:
Original post by platty1907

Yeah sorry I posted in quite a sleepy state, I'll edit it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 786
Original post by dramaboyz2007
The microbiology lad? i remember something about anatomy in dundee as well. anyways, i do hope you make it in! haha much love, everyone needs a bitch in the year. xxx

Haha thanks!! Hopefully if I get in you can be my academic father lol!! Xx
Original post by gh70
Haha thanks!! Hopefully if I get in you can be my academic father lol!! Xx

Im putting a lot of effort into it. Planning has already begun for my clan of children. I shall have 7 elite medic spawns! >:biggrin: If you do get in, ill defo adopt you!
Good luck and all the very best xxx
AK
Can someone please resuscitate this thread
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anterior view
Can someone please resuscitate this thread

Clear! (shock). :smile:. Lol

But I think until most people hear back from their interviews this thread hasn't got much going for it.

Can't wait to go to St Andrews in September :smile:
Reply 790
Original post by Kingbradley6
Clear! (shock). :smile:. Lol

But I think until most people hear back from their interviews this thread hasn't got much going for it.

Can't wait to go to St Andrews in September :smile:

Same, I wish I could just skip to september and start :tongue:
Original post by KCosmo
Same, I wish I could just skip to september and start :tongue:

Totally agree. I've read their handbook for new students on medicine the course looks really good :biggrin:. And the range of sports and societies too :smile:.
Reply 792
Original post by Kingbradley6
Totally agree. I've read their handbook for new students on medicine the course looks really good :biggrin:. And the range of sports and societies too :smile:.

Was it this handbook? http://medicine.st-andrews.ac.uk/handbookFrame.aspx?book=2

Yeh it's mental how many different societies there are :O

Would any current students suggest a book in particular to get? I've seen the reading list, but I'd only want to get one right now just for a nosy, and to maybe start learning some bits that come up in first year. I was thinking about getting "Gray's anatomy for students", but if there's one that comes up more often in first year then I'd get that :smile:
Reply 793
Original post by KCosmo
Was it this handbook? http://medicine.st-andrews.ac.uk/handbookFrame.aspx?book=2

Yeh it's mental how many different societies there are :O

Would any current students suggest a book in particular to get? I've seen the reading list, but I'd only want to get one right now just for a nosy, and to maybe start learning some bits that come up in first year. I was thinking about getting "Gray's anatomy for students", but if there's one that comes up more often in first year then I'd get that :smile:

Don't get a book and start reading. Won't really help you. The first semester is systemic anatomy, rather than regional anatomy so Gray's won't help much. If you want you can buy the anatomy... but it will honestly be useles. We get readings from random pages, with no order so you will only confuse yourself. Plus you don't need to buy the books already. I am really not sure how usefull the textbooks were up to now.

If you really want to get something, get either Gray's OR the Medical Sciences one by Naish. We used these the most up to now. But you won't understand a thing from Grey's... perhaps only read the introduction bit. first 20-30 pages or so.

My honest advice. Use your time wisely. Enjoy all the thing you will not be able to enjoy when you get to uni. You will reget wasting time readint stuff that you will not need and will probably be useles as they are out of context.
Reply 794
my interview is on wednesday:smile: i hope everything goes well and i will see u all guys in september as well:smile:)
http://medicine.st-andrews.ac.uk/flyingstart/
Dont know if you've visited this site before, but here you go. :smile:
Reply 796
I was asked to proof my EU citizenship two months ago, right to sit UKCATSEN one month ago and this is it. No invitation for an interview no rejection. What is your opinion? Do I have chance for the interview, it's late?
(edited 12 years ago)

Yeah that was the handbook :smile:

Original post by teafil
Don't get a book and start reading.

I bought all the books on the reading list :/ Not read them though just thought we needed them :s

Original post by andioula
my interview is on wednesday:smile: i hope everything goes well and i will see u all guys in september as well:smile:)

Best of luck!
Reply 798
if we are really bad/good at the interview will they give rejections/offers earlier than late march?or everyone will wait until late march to know?
Original post by andioula
if we are really bad/good at the interview will they give rejections/offers earlier than late march?or everyone will wait until late march to know?

I got my rejection last year on the 15th March which isn't exactly early March but it's better than the 30th or something :tongue: I had my interview on the 2nd March so they got back relatively quickly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending