The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I should be predicted A*AAb and I'm also doing an extended project, would it be a good Idea to apply with these grades?
Also would I be offered A*AA or just AAA?
Original post by The_Writer
I should be predicted A*AAb and I'm also doing an extended project, would it be a good Idea to apply with these grades?
Also would I be offered A*AA or just AAA?

same grades as me :smile: and yea i think its worth applying with those grades with the extended project being an added bonus. as far as i know the standard offer is AAA, but i might be wrong
Everytime I open this thread, I get angry when I see "BATL" in the poll title.
Reply 583
Original post by digitalis

Happy? :p:
Original post by digitalis

Thought that was just me! :ninja:
Reply 585
Original post by Beska

"St. Bartholomews and the Royal London School of Medicine" is what he was truly after I suspect :tongue:
Reply 586
Original post by _lynx_
"St. Bartholomews and the Royal London School of Medicine" is what he was truly after I suspect :tongue:

Too long. :frown:
I wanted to ask an admissions director a question directly, does anyone know who I can contact and how?
Original post by Beska

Awesome!
AS grades AAAB with a UKCAT score of 632.5? :/
Original post by andrewpeters
AS grades AAAB with a UKCAT score of 632.5? :/

Predictions?
Original post by joemullally
Predictions?

AAA
is ucas tarriff for AS or A2 ???
Original post by sandeep0767
is ucas tarriff for AS or A2 ???

Both, you get UCAS tariff points for most qualifications, although A2's are worth twice as many points as AS levels.
Original post by NJoshi94
I take Further Maths and so I have completed A2 Maths by the end of Y12. I achieved an A*. Does this give me any advantage as it is already achieved rather than predicted.

No advantage in regards to BaTL's new selection criteria, they regard predictions as being equal to achieved.
Reply 595
Would 560 be good enough? I'm serious btw A*AAA preditions and A* EPQ is 570 + a lot of people will do general studies so thats even more. So would it be worth applying with 560 points?
Original post by slew
Would 560 be good enough? I'm serious btw A*AAA preditions and A* EPQ is 570 + a lot of people will do general studies so thats even more. So would it be worth applying with 560 points?

Cut off is 600 sorry, Your application would be binned even with your awesome ucas tariff.
Reply 597
Original post by joemullally
Cut off is 600 sorry, Your application would be binned even with your awesome ucas tariff.

560 UCAS points, not UKCAT. I'm saying that loads of people will have A*AAA + EPQ + Gen Studies and maybe Critical thinking, so would have much more that 560.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by slew
560 UCAS points, not UKCAT. I'm saying that loads of people will have A*AAA + EPQ + Gen Studies and maybe Critical thinking, so would have much more that 560.

If you didn't get an interview with 560 + a 600+ UKCAT then I'd be really shocked.
Reply 599
does anyone know they're going to select graduates on the 5 year programme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending