The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Could someone please advise me whether I qualify for part a) of the Adversity Questionnaire?...

My father attended a regular college receiving an Higher National Diploma and my mother didn't attend further education/higher education.

Thanks for your help!
Reply 181
Original post by joshuaC
Could someone please advise me whether I qualify for part a) of the Adversity Questionnaire?...

My father attended a regular college receiving an Higher National Diploma and my mother didn't attend further education/higher education.

Thanks for your help!

In that case I would think that your father would be classed as having done some sort of "Higher Education" so you wouldn't qualify.. But if you're worried just give the admissions office a ring and they'll let you know :smile:
Reply 182
Original post by LPScot
In that case I would think that your father would be classed as having done some sort of "Higher Education" so you wouldn't qualify.. But if you're worried just give the admissions office a ring and they'll let you know :smile:

Okay I'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks v much :smile: I am just unsure as to the term HE college cause I always thought colleges were only FE. Sure they'll be able to help me tomorrow though! Thanks again for your help
Does anybody know when interviews are approximately and when we find out whether we've got one or not?
Original post by Eminem's-Bitch
Does anybody know when interviews are approximately and when we find out whether we've got one or not?

from january onwards i think, and we should hear whether we have an interview/pre interview rejection next month.
Reply 185
Original post by joshuaC
Okay I'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks v much :smile: I am just unsure as to the term HE college cause I always thought colleges were only FE. Sure they'll be able to help me tomorrow though! Thanks again for your help

Could you post what they say because I'm in exactly the same situation :smile: thank you
Reply 186
Original post by seocor935
Could you post what they say because I'm in exactly the same situation :smile: thank you

they said they are basically just asking whether your mum/dad went to university or not and just to ignore the last bit of the sentence!
Reply 187
Original post by joshuaC
they said they are basically just asking whether your mum/dad went to university or not and just to ignore the last bit of the sentence!

So, would I qualify seeing as my Dad only went to college and not university? Or is it all classed as the same thing? :smile:
Well last day for questionnaire submissions... hopefully that means we will hear about interviews/rejections soon!
Reply 189
Hopefully! I'd love to hear something back before Xmas so I get a nice 21st bday present :smile: So many people on here seem to have already got 2 interview invites etc!
Reply 190
Original post by seocor935
So, would I qualify seeing as my Dad only went to college and not university? Or is it all classed as the same thing? :smile:

no, as long as your dad only went to college then you qualify :smile:
Reply 191
what about people who got ema while studying but receive no benefits just now (i'm eligible but haven't claimed yet)
THis is my first post but I thought this might be useful info for others.

I received notification today that I have got an interview with Dundee. There were a range of dates available, the last one being the end of January. I'm a grad applying to the foundation course btw. UKCAT 660 average.

All the best to everyone who has applied!
Reply 193
Original post by headfullofsweets
THis is my first post but I thought this might be useful info for others.

I received notification today that I have got an interview with Dundee. There were a range of dates available, the last one being the end of January. I'm a grad applying to the foundation course btw. UKCAT 660 average.

All the best to everyone who has applied!

same!!! cheesered :biggrin: dundee's my favourite, thinking i'll book rather late to give myself practice time.

good luck to all!
Reply 194
Original post by kingme
same!!! cheesered :biggrin: dundee's my favourite, thinking i'll book rather late to give myself practice time.

good luck to all!

Congrats. This is REALLY early for Dundee to be handing out interviews. I hope it isn't the same as last year with everyone receiving them on the same day. If you didn't get one that day then you knew to expect a rejection....

Are you applying for the foundation course?
already?! :eek:
:frown: hope they are not all given out today! Dundee was one of my biggest hopes haha
Me too! :biggrin:
Original post by noregrets
:frown: hope they are not all given out today! Dundee was one of my biggest hopes haha

same! ahh, i am not prepared for rejections yet, i was counting on them being in december so i had time to mentally prepare myself :tongue:
Original post by feverdream
Me too! :biggrin:

were you the normal a100 course or the foundation one?
well done though, very early to hear from them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending